Official Rangers to create new Singing Section in Copland stand and new cantilever extension to Copland Rear

Looks like the fans moved have first dibs on the new seating in the cantilever at the front of the rear with great views, swings and roundabouts I guess.
Be great to see an artist’s impression of this cantilever section .

As it should be, I can't really see the reason for complaints if the view is better and family/friends can stay together. The main problem isn't really going to be the ones moved, but the sections either side whose view might now by obscured either by folk standing or by flags.
I have already seen comments on the Rangers FB page hoping its to allow them the full Broomloan again for OF games which I find bizarre.

Sorry if I’ve missed this here but are they adding a similar extension to the Broomloan too? My OCD won’t like it if they don’t.

I sympathize with fans who will be moved as a result but overall I think this is the best move for Rangers, changes to the stadium were always going to be a change for some and tbh I think the new front section will be cracking seats, especially the ones right in the middle. Maybe be a bit noisy though lol.

Im a bit long in the tooth for all that stuff now but I remember going to BF4 when the Blue Order started up, we had a ball in there and I hope this means more fans get the experience.
yes they are meant to be done this summer as well going with the time frame that released last May by the Club

From the original information issued last May

Broomloan_Stand_Disabled_Facilities.jpg
Sorry for being dim

What am I looking at?
I'm assuming the blue seats are the new bit, front of the rear. They will overhang?
And the rear of the front is wheelchair access.
Can't really get my head round this cantilever talk

Gutted that I’m being moved to be honest but it’s for the disabled section and these fans deserve better. Need to have a think about new seats/stands etc but will probably end up in the new cantilever section. Still think the singing section is the wrong move, the UB’s don’t inspire singing amongst the wider broomloan stand never mind the stadium. Seen posts about the Copland being quiet but you can label that at all the stands, the only real constant noise comes from the corner with the UB’s and it’ll now be from the middle of the Copland. Personally I don’t see it making that much of a difference to a match day atmosphere.
Do you forget about the trial last season I sit in the SJ corner and it was brilliant and made a big difference

Excellent news and well done to the club for this. Looking forward to seeing the UBs behind the goal, they’d have been right next to me if I’d still had my season ticket so in that respect I’m a bit envious.

Sorry for being dim

What am I looking at?
I'm assuming the blue seats are the new bit, front of the rear. They will overhang?
And the rear of the front is wheelchair access.
Can't really get my head round this cantilever talk
The area with blue is the new seating

Not sure if everyone in the area where the wheelchair area will be moved?

Be good to knew when feasibility study had been concluded regarding the potential filling in of the corners
Irrespective of it going ahead in the immediate future would be good to see how it would look and what sort of capacity we would be looking at

What a misleading statement by Rangers, those who currently occupy the seats and wish to stay in singing section can do so and only those that wish to move out of seats will be available for UB to move into.

There is an away area for visiting fans. All clubs in the league are offered tickets in that area.

Move on.

Overall, this is great news and I look forward to seeing it next season.
We need to have an alternative plan as well imo.

Killie filled it, so looks good on tv, we get the full revenue, then you get livi and their 50 fans, so we lose the revenue of circa 750 tickets.

Whats happening with the empty seats in broomloan with those be available for match to match buyers or new ST on waiting list or will it free up potential for European Allocation on Old Firm games

it’s a very progressive move. I think the main issue is going to be those that are indirectly affected. I.e those very close to the singing section. You will likely need to stand for most of game and be subjected to the constant drumming! Some will love that some won’t:

Whats happening with the empty seats in broomloan with those be available for match to match buyers or new ST on waiting list or will it free up potential for European Allocation on Old Firm games
Will be an option for those that don't what to move to Copland Rear to start with

After that who knows

Point 2 it’s not just the disabled but anyone in the copland rear wont have a view of the goals with the flags now directly behind them . If they have been provided space behind the goals then it has to come with some realisation and consideration on their part that the flags have to go during the game .
It states on the Q&A document that flags must be lowered when the ball is in play.
Happy to hear it is being addressed as was a concern I had being in CR.

Back 5 rows must house around 600 fans. Seats go up to 167 but taking in to account passageways etc you would still estimate 600 fans.

600 fans potentially all being moved as well.

New area only 1000 seats.

This doesn't affect me just now but when we in GF3 get moved, where will we be getting moved to?

We need to have an alternative plan as well imo.

Killie filled it, so looks good on tv, we get the full revenue, then you get livi and their 50 fans, so we lose the revenue of circa 750 tickets.
The seating capacity is around 1350 for the area - Kilmarnock maybe have around 900-1000 tickets

When it opened in 1996? our fans were in there before the away fans got moved into the area at a later date

Will the net gain of 600 seats mean 600 new season ticket offers? I better go buy my Copenhagen ticket the now lol
I'm not sure the club will want to do that yet. I guess it depends on how much churn there is year to year.

They'll gain 600 seats this season and another 600 next year when they do the Broomloan but they'll lose several hundred the year after when they do the Govan as that already has a cantilever above (unless they replace it with a larger one)

I think this is an excellent move by the club. Very difficult to keep everyone happy but this is pretty damn close to doing so. Good news for those needing wheelchair access. Good news for the singing section (Copland Front was what I voted for also), and extremely smart move to add a cantilever to the Copland to accommodate those who want to stay in the stand but not be part of the singing section. Well done Rangers.

I'm in CF5 and next to this, I don't need to move and am looking forward to it. Good to have the Rangers end back at the Copland. Will create a more visual and audible spectacle for the match day atmosphere and those watching on TV. Always annoyed me that the singing section was not in an area to get seen on TV.

The seating capacity is around 1350 for the area - Kilmarnock maybe have around 900-1000 tickets

When it opened in 1996? our fans were in there before the away fans got moved into the area at a later date
So even more tickets being lost with the likes of livi.

It also looks terrible as well.

If we are investing in the stadium you would think there would be a way to alter the away section size by perspex barriers.
Ross County BF1. Hearts BF1 & 2 for example. Just move a perspex barrier to end of each section.
This would also increase attendances as you wouldnt have so many empty rows between fans and stewards.
I’ve read before that segregation of this kind isn’t allowed in UK stadia for whatever reason.

Someone more clued up than me can confirm but I’m positive it can’t be used.

So the singing section will be between seats 86 - 113 and those impacted will be offered a move to the new cantilever section. Fair enough. Been in the pipeline, so hardly a surprise. Genuinely interested in what those seated in seats 85 (84, 83, 82 etc) and 114 (115, 116, 117 etc) feel. Pretty obvious they're going to be impacted (for good or for bad) as well.

Hopefully this is the start of increasing the capacity bit by bit
Get us 56/57 k and I think that would be ideal imo

on the face of it its great news. Couple of points though,

1. I presume the UB are the ones being moved into that section as there criteria seems wishy washy?
2. I presume flags will be dropped during the games as those in the wheelchair section will need to be able to see the games
Seems to be a condition of being in the singing section that flags must be lowered while the ball is in play, if the Q & A is to be believed.

So the singing section will be between seats 86 - 113 and those impacted will be offered a move to the new cantilever section. Fair enough. Been in the pipeline, so hardly a surprise. Genuinely interested in what those seated in seats 85 (84, 83, 82 etc) and 114 (115, 116, 117 etc) feel. Pretty obvious they're going to be impacted (for good or for bad) as well.
That is an option and if they do accept there is a price freeze - moving up stairs isn't for everyone

But they can move to other parts of the ground if availability suits but might have pay more for their ST

That is an option and if they do accept there is a price freeze - moving up stairs isn't for everyone

But they can move to other parts of the ground if availability suits but might have pay more for their ST
What about those immediately adjacent to the new section IE in and around seats 85 and 114. I'm sure some will be delighted, but for those who would rather not be sitting right next to the new section, is there an option?

What about those immediately adjacent to the new section IE in and around seats 85 and 114. I'm sure some will be delighted, but for those who would rather not be sitting right next to the new section, is there an option?
I guess it affect all of the lower?

Back