Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

Rangers 1-0 Celtic, League Cup Final, 24th October 1970. Colin Jackson is up for this one:

2eds2gx.jpg

Dundee 0-0 Rangers, 14th March 1962. A fine Dundee team would pip the great early 60s Gers team to that season's League Championship and go on to reach the SF of the European Cup the following season:

33dwhex.jpg

It's absolutely terrific seeing the photos from all these famous games like Newcastle away, 1960s and 70s matches against the mentally challengeds.
All games I've heard about so many times from the older bears in my family and they were all at.

I've heard them talking about going down to Elland Rd in the late 60s, probably around the same time as Newcastle.

Any photos from that @ao2?

Reactions: ao2
It's absolutely terrific seeing the photos from all these famous games like Newcastle away, 1960s and 70s matches against the mentally challengeds.
All games I've heard about so many times from the older bears in my family and they were all at.

I've heard them talking about going down to Elland Rd in the late 60s, probably around the same time as Newcastle.

I do mate. Standby while I scan :)

Last edited:
I do mate. Standby why I scan :)

Brilliant mate cheers.

Was there a screening at Ibrox of the away leg?

A couple of relatives say they went to the screening and 4 went down to Leeds.

Was suprised there was a live screening back then.

Brilliant mate cheers.

Was there a screening at Ibrox of the away leg?

A couple of relatives say they went to the screening and 4 went down to Leeds.

Was suprised there was a live screening back then.

There was mate, and there were 43,000 there to watch it. I'm not sure how good the technology was in terms of the picture quality but that was some turnout! I've got a photo somewhere of that too, so bear with me :)

There was mate, and there were 43,000 there to watch it. I'm not sure how good the technology was in terms of the picture quality but that was some turnout! I've got a photo somewhere of that too, so bear with me :)

Much appreciated mate cheers.

Will be showing them to my dad and uncle later on.

They'll love them.

It's my pleasure mate. Here's that beam-back at Ibrox. There were almost as many at this as at the actual game (43,000 to just over 50,000). By the look of the images here the picture quality wasn't too bad for 1968!:

wmm4jt.jpg
It's my pleasure mate. Here's that beam-back at Ibrox. There were almost as many at this as at the actual game (43,000 to just over 50,000). By the look of the images here the picture quality wasn't too bad for 1968!:

wmm4jt.jpg
Stood at the Broomloan road end that night, amazing pictures
Thanks

Elland Rd was 1968. There was 43,000 at Ibrox for the beam back.

Hibernian 1-1 Rangers, 29th March 1975. Colin Stein has just scored the goal which has won Gers the League for the first time since 1964 and the emotion of the moment could hardly be captured better:

4voa45.jpg

My first and most vivid memory of that era.

[
Stood at the Broomloan road end that night, amazing pictures
Thanks
I was in the covered enclosure, I can remember the bottles blootering off the screens. I never or anyone I knew never called it The Broomloan end until the stand erected.

wmm4jt.jpg
The quality got better the darker it got that night

Back