What position would you strengthen now

sneddon38

After the CB positions being sorted what position would you look to strengthen, I personally would like to see another RB brought in and another Striker. Hopefully will also see us strengthening our back up options also.

Got to be CF. I suspect a lot more ins and outs to come but we need more options up top. My jury is out on Jack right now so would like to see a ball winning CM too.

Striker would be my choice tho it depends on morales as I would have no problem starting season with him if he really wanted to stay otherwise let him go and bring in top draw replacement. Really want a harry Wilson type signing which we haven’t had since aluko left someone who can pick ball up 40 yards out and produce a bit of magic

Striker would be my choice tho it depends on morales as I would have no problem starting season with him if he really wanted to stay otherwise let him go and bring in top draw replacement. Really want a harry Wilson type signing which we haven’t had since aluko left someone who can pick ball up 40 yards out and produce a bit of magic
Wanted to stay? When did he sign?:D

Someone to put the ball in the net!

If you’ve got CB’s who can reliably defend and a striker who can consistently hit the net - it makes you serious title contenders.

I’d like to see Solanke or Ings brought in on loan, not sure about Mcburnie, we need a big guy up top who will bully and bulldoze defenders, Morelos looked knackered around March time. He needed a break and hopefully he will be raring to go.

Midfield and forward areas are now the priority.

For all our options in midfield I think we lack serious quality and there's only a handful of players I'm comfortable with at present. It needs addressed urgently.

Likewise we need another striker ideally a goal scorer and an all round target man with some pace.

I also can see possibly an extra wide player/number 10 to further enhance the team.

We need to replace Miller and Cummings and probably Herera to give us options in the strikers roles.

Assuming Goldson signs, we need cover at fullback and possibly a winger. After that it's just replacing anyone that leaves with better.

Strikers, no doubt about it. The full back position isn’t great but up front is far more vital, we have Morelos just now and that’s it, and I’m not sure he is the answer as first choice if we want to topple the Tims.

Not sure what formation we’ll play.

If we go 433

I’d like;

Defensive Left back. (Papac type)

Creative central midfielder.

One or Two main strikers.

———————————McGregor——————————

-Tav————Goldson————Katic————Papac II—

——————Rossiter—Davis II ——Arfield—————

—————Jelavic II—-Morelos—-JM/JW————-

Fod

Alves
Cardoso
John
(McCrorie/Jack)

Jack
McCrorie
Dorrans

Murphy/Windass
New
Candieas

I’d be fairly comfortable with that as a squad.

Don’t feel we need much more than 22/23.

I’d like to see Solanke or Ings brought in on loan, not sure about Mcburnie, we need a big guy up top who will bully and bulldoze defenders, Morelos looked knackered around March time. He needed a break and hopefully he will be raring to go.

I'd be surprised if we get anyone like Solanke or Ings on loan.

I'd like us to sign McBurnie, and I'd have liked Cummings to be signed. We have a number of players in every position aside from up front, so that will no doubt be the focus. Then it'll be about replacing what we have with better quality.

I'd still be looking at one more CB. Then move on to a couple of strikers and then enhance LB and Midfield

I think it has to be a proper box to box central midfielder. As per the old saying we build from the back. We scored more goals than anyone in Scotland last year, so goals aren't a priority. Dominating midfield battles is.

Get the second CB in whoever it may be then I would go for a couple of goalscorers. Hopefully we will play with more than one striker.
I know it’s fashionable to play one striker but we don’t need to follow suit, we are one of the power teams in the league so we should dictate play in most games and I would like to see us go back to two upfront

Midfield and forward areas are now the priority.

For all our options in midfield I think we lack serious quality and there's only a handful of players I'm comfortable with at present. It needs addressed urgently.

Likewise we need another striker ideally a goal scorer and an all round target man with some pace.

I also can see possibly an extra wide player/number 10 to further enhance the team.
This.

The right side of the team needs cover and competition for me. Tav needs to be pushed and I think he has another level if that happens.

After the CB positions being sorted what position would you look to strengthen, I personally would like to see another RB brought in and another Striker. Hopefully will also see us strengthening our back up options also.
Right back?
Probably way down the list.
Central midfield is the answer here.

Someone to put the ball in the net!

If you’ve got CB’s who can reliably defend and a striker who can consistently hit the net - it makes you serious title contenders.
You don’t think you need a midfield to protect us unproven defence?
Despite our failings and that we still need better, we scored plenty last season.
It’s our defensive set up that need addressed.

Despite our failings and that we still need better, we scored plenty last season.

It definitely is. However, I feel we have midfielders at the club good enough to provide this.

We just have to keep them fit this time around!

Assuming Alves leaves, we still need another centre half.

Pinning everything on a guy who’s had heart issues that’s hardly kicked a ball in the last year and a 21 year-old Croatian would be foolish - we need competition for places at the back.

Additionally, even though it looks like we have an abundance of midfielders, I still think we lack real quality in that area and would like to see us push the boat out for someone of that calibre.

And lastly, even if we hold on to Morelos, we’re still lacking a real goal threat up front.

So to sum: centre half cover; a quality playmaker; a top striker.

Striker must be the #1 priority. We need another guy who can bang in goals up top along with Morelos. I think he'll do a lot better now that he's gotten a proper rest but there's not even a guarantee he'll be here by the time the window closes.

No taking punts on guys who haven't even scored 10 career goals or players around 30 who struggle to get 10 in a season. If you're going to spend 5.5 million on two centre halves there needs to be a bit in there for a proven striker too. Heber dos Santos was a teammate of the big croatian lad we just signed and scored 16 goals in 23 league matches. There's plenty of strikers out there that can bang in goals that would come for the same price or even cheaper than what people wanted to spend on a guy who's done nothing outside the Scottish championship.

The defence is being addressed!

Every position is important but scoring goals and keeping clean sheets is the most important part. Whilst the midfield help with all of this, it’s the strikers and CB’s who see it through!

We still need three new defenders. Two full backs and another centre half. We need a wide player hopefully that can play both wings and we promote Middleton, we also need two strikers and one quality striker to go straight into the team. Even if we keep Morelos he needs to improve big style and break that old firm hoodoo.

We desperately need at least one striker. Other than Morelos where are our goals coming from as it stands? I get that we scored lots last season, but we need a clinical, lethal goal scorer who would turn last seasons draws into 3 points by burying the sitters missed in vital games.

In this order
Striker
Full back
then Winger/No 10 (preferably someone that can play across the front 3)

A ball winning midfielder who will protect the back 4, and ultimately dictate our play. I know it's unpopular to mention him on here, but Brown does it tremendously for them, and we need someone to do that role for us.

People are pointing to Jack, McCrorie and Rossiter. Whilst the 3rd in this list spent the majority of the season injured, the other two featured a fair few times, and for the full of the season sides were cutting through the middle of the pitch like a knife through hot butter.

No matter how good our CB's are, if the players in front don't offer them protection, we will continue to conceed a barrel load of goals.

Striker all day long we currently have Morelos, Herrera and Hardie as strikers

One that wants away, the other we’re trying to give away and a young lad who hasn’t played at this level and is out of contract

If we keep Morelos then 2 more minimum required unless he sees Murphy and windass as strikers this season?

A quality forward is priority for me.

We only really have Windass and Morelos, so that clearly is an area that needs strengthened.

The defence is being addressed!

Every position is important but scoring goals and keeping clean sheets is the most important part. Whilst the midfield help with all of this, it’s the strikers and CB’s who see it through!
I’m not going to disagree too much here.
However, I’m thinking more of the defensive set up as opposed to the defence itself.
Defensive midfield I suppose.
I rate Rossiter and McCrorie highly but are yet to fully prove themselves.
Jack, I probably more ready and I don’t think him good enough going forward.
If Rossiter and McCrorie improve and achieve what we think they will there won’t be a problem.
I’m just looking for ready made.

It definitely is. However, I feel we have midfielders at the club good enough to provide this.

We just have to keep them fit this time around!
Once again, I don’t disagree.
As per a previous reply, I’m just concerned about the inexperience and injury status of our potentially excellent youngsters and looking to guard against something going wrong here again.

Back