Martin Skrtel’s Rangers transfer could be back On

Ian-RFC

SWAP DEAL
Martin Skrtel’s Rangers transfer could be back ON – with Alfredo Morelos ‘going to Fenerbahce’

Reports in Turkey claim a swap between the clubs may be on the cards and it comes just weeks after the deal looked to be doomed

RANGERS and Fenerbahce are in discussions about swapping Alfredo Morelos for Martin Skrtel, according to reports in Turkey.

Yeni Akit claims a delegation from the Champions League outfit will travel to Glasgow for talks with Gers chiefs.

Steven Gerrard spent eight years alongside Skrtel, 33, and is keen to be reunited with the Slovakian skipper.

But SunSport told on Saturday how Newcastle were poised to hijack his bid to sign his former Liverpool team-mate.

Newcastle representatives had jetted out to Turkey in the hope of thrashing out a deal with the Istanbul outfit.

We revealed Gers were still in the running – but couldn’t come close to matching the wages on offer at the English Premier League side.

Morelos’ future is uncertain following Gerrard’s arrival in Glasgow.

Last month he was linked with Fenerbahce’s rivals Besiktas, with reports claiming he could move to Turkey on loan with a view to a permanent transfer.

The Colombian was the subject of an £8million bid from Beijing Renhe in the January transfer window.
The mega-rich Chinese side were willing to pay him a whopping £27,000-a-week AFTER TAX.

Axed Gers boss Graeme Murty admitted the saga left the former HJK Helsinki ace “confused” and he later signed a new contract until 2021.

He was nominated for the PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year award last season.

The Sun

Straight swap? No chance. We have to believe in Morelos, not wash our hands of him to get an aging mercenary. Also if selling we need the funds for at least 2 new strikers. Story sounds bullshit tbh.

Can't see it happening, we can't afford his wages, he'll want 60k and above. even if we did get say 5m+ Skrtel, that 5m would cover 2 seasons wages. I'd rather we spent that 5m on a decent striker.

I did look for the transfer thread but didn't see it or I would have put this thread in there!, sorry,, can admin can move it?, cheers

We don’t need a centre half anymore.

I don’t think Morelos is the answer but we can sell him for a decent fee and strengthen other areas of the team.

Absolutely no benefit to a deal like this at all.

The evaluations for Morelos are over the top (Chinese bids not withstanding), but a straight swap still doesn’t sound like a good deal for us.

It’d either need to include some money or a big sell on percentage and either way we’re still left needing to look for another striker.

I like Skrtel,but 50k a week plus hefty bonuses means he ain't coming to us.Newcastle maybe if he does move.

IF Morelos doesn't want to be here then Skrtel and £6m/£7m would be a great deal.

I never want to keep a player who doesn't want to be at the club, however good or bad they are.

Skrtel's agent is trying really hard to get his client one last move by the look of it.

One thing though with that article if they revealed at the weekend we couldn't come close to what Newcastle were offering what's changed?

I'd suggest nothing and this article is bullshit.
Just posted this at literally the same time, I see no truth in it

I think that this ship has sailed, for Fenerbache. At the moment we have Nikola Katić, Alves, Cardoso, McCrorie and the impending signing fo Goldson.

Skrtel isn't required now.

Would this mean the connor goldson rumours about him not coming are true ? I'd also hate to loose Alfie

For a lot of money and Skrtel on reduced wages then sure.

McGregor
Goldson Skrtel Katic

That’s a good back 4.

I would take it and get in 2 new strikers in .. might not go down to well but I feel we could do alot better than morelos, for the team as a whole and for goals in general. He misses too many chances and they chances could be the difference at the end of the season in finishing 1st or 2nd. im not saying hes not entitled to miss anything and if he did score every chance he got we wouldnt be able to keep a hold of him anyway. I also get he is young but if we want to win the league next season I think it would make sense (if this is even a real story)

giphy.gif

Unless we're talking exceptional money, then no. Morelos will be one of our most important players next season; I really believe he will flourish under Gerrard.

Think we're just being used as a pawn by Skrtl's agent anyway, I doubt we've ever been interested.

I really hope this doesn't go through.

They want rid of him and we'd be expected to take a decent amount off the fee for Morelos to account for a defender that is way past his best.

No thanks - both on Value / Wage front it would be a poor deal from our point of view.

If they want to sign Morelos they can pay upwards of 5m ++

Back