LCB - Katic
RWB - Tavernier
RCM - Rossiter
LCM - McCrorie
LWB - 24/25 Year Old
CAM - Arfield
RS - 21/22 Younger High Potential Striker
LS - 25/26 Established Striker

If this most likely bullshit story is true then you’ve got to say this is a decent starting XI.

maybe gerrard wants to go to a back 3 if true.
I can’t see this.
He’ll have his own ideas, of course, but there’s nothing in his previous that’s suggest he fancies it.
Don’t think he played in this formation, I can’t recall Klopp using it and Gerrard didn’t use it with his team, although this may have been down to Kloss.

Firstly I like Morelos, I genuinely think he was knackered towards the end of the season as he had literally played a full calendar year for HJK then us. That said if a hefty bid came in again we would have to consider it, however it would only be for straight cash for me, and having bought Katic and likely Godson, I'd now see Skrtel moving here as unlikely.

I loved Morelos for most of last season, however his attitude for last part of season was disgraceful. I’d take 7-8 million rather than 5+ skrtel

I can’t see this.
He’ll have his own ideas, of course, but there’s nothing in his previous that’s suggest he fancies it.
Don’t think he played in this formation, I can’t recall Klopp using it and Gerrard didn’t use it with his team, although this may have been down to Kloss.
Gerrard played 3 at the back with his Under 18s.

Keep Morelos for another season at least. He's the type of player we need. See how he does after a well earned rest and under a different manager.

We should have taken the money for him on offer. We need a heap of cash coming in our direction to make this deal to be worth out while.

GK - McGregor
RCB - Goldson
CB - Skrtel
LCB - Katic
RWB - Tavernier
RCM - Rossiter
LCM - McCrorie
LWB - 24/25 Year Old
CAM - Arfield
RS - 21/22 Younger High Potential Striker
LS - 25/26 Established Striker

If this most likely bullshit story is true then you’ve got to say this is a decent starting XI.
You can only say it is a starting 8 though. And it may be decent, not sure.

We need a very good 15.

File this under Bull!
We can't all of a sudden stump up his wages because a player swap is involved.

The problem beforehand was Skrtel wage demands so not sure how a swap deal if true would resolve that? The sun creating a story out of nothing if you ask me.

Or Morelos agent trying to get his name back out there
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if both agents had concocted this up to drum up interest in their clients and a potential earner for them as a result.

£5m plus Skrtel.

£2m put towards Skrtel's 2 year contract and £3m used to enhance the CF position.

We have signed CF's for £2m and less who have done a great job for us.

Not sure how a swap would address the Skrtel wage issue

I never understand this viewpoint.

If he signed for Rangers he’d be on a wage that we deem affordable. The fact he’s on £70,000 a week at Fener means absolutely nothing.

I want to see Morelos play with better players around him.

And in a team not surrounded by utter negativity.

For the people being pissed at his attitude. You'd be fucking moaning as well if the team was set up not to play to your strengths, and yet you were still busting your balls up top as the loan striker without any real quality in the midfield to support you. And you were getting a raw deal from referees.

Once again our own fans are doing a tremendous job of playing down our own players. He is 21, we know he is going to improve, we know he can score goals, he works like a horse and he's got skill. What's not to like?

Can hardly think of a worse piece of business. Doubt there’s an iota of truth in it tbf but, even theoretically, that would be laughably bad.

Get Goldson in, keep Alves for his experience and ability.

Don’t need another old head hoping to be a big fish in a small pond, out for a last payday and totally underestimating the league and the club.

Genuinely think that Morelos will thrive under Gerrard and his new backing staff. New training methods, tactics, etc.
Although his form dipped at the tail end of last season, he has shown he could be a real good player for us this year.
Hopefully he can fulfill his full potential and we gain financially either in the new year window or this time next year.

Back