Thoughts on Cammy Bell as a keeper?

I was sure i read somewhere he was injured for the playoff game ,think it was his knee and couldnt move properly.still dont think he was very good but he was nowhere like as bad as simonsen or robinson.

Was in goal when we smashed Killie to win league! Never forgive him for the Motherwell away play off! Just push i am afraid to say. His career after Rangers sounds like the early eighties tv shoe was ‘The Littlest Hobo’

He was terrible, he barely saved a thing.

He was signed off the back of a freak wonder game against Celtic for Killie IMO.

A perfect example of a player doing well at a lesser club does not mean that will transfer over to us in the same vein.

Fell well short unfortunately.

I actually thought when he signed we where signing a very good keeper. He was hopeless. Motherwell away play off game was one of the worst I have ever seen at any level

He was ok initially and then I seem to remember him being injured and he was 'below ok' after that. He'll always be remembered for that calamitous moment against Motherwell.

Not the worst keeper ever but was around at the time when the club had elected to employ 3 of it's worst ever; him, Simonsen, and Robinson.
Would've given Alexander the extra year on his contract ahead of signing they 3.

To be fair to Bell, at least he played week in week out. Bad certainly, but our worst ever keeper? For me that would be a shitebag like Snelders or Myhre that hid when the going got tough. Granted Simoneson was bloody awful. Can’t even remember Robinson.

Just one of those Bears that couldn’t handle playing for us,wish him well.
But man he was just fucking terrible.

Not very good I'm afraid.

However he will be remembered by me for having the game of his career on Jobbie Keanes debut when Killie beat the mentally challengeds :p

No idea why I remember that. Was during the Mowbray saga when much hilarity was being had on the Real Radio phone in.

Absolute dug shite, got a move to us based on one good game against the fhilth!

Rubbish. The only thing worse than his performance at Motherwell that day was the fact he didn't even give a sh!t that his team mate was surrounded by Motherwell players trying to get a dig in and he just continued to stroll about as if nothing was happening.

Thats about his level, in general a decent enough shotstopper but poor at coming off his line and shirt was a bit big for him in the bigger games culminating in that playoff howler

Never the same keeper after the shoulder injury which McCoist mismanaged horribly.

McCoist was told Bell could get the op or he could play on but Bell's shoulder could go anytime.

McCoist kept playing him and it went within days
This...I thought he'd be a decent signing but injuries and mismanagement (confidence was shot) conspired against him. All that being said he turned out to be a poor signing albeit sue to the aforementioned issues.

Poor poor keeper for Rangers, I thought leteizi was worse, simonsen was bad

That mistake at fir park was a fuckin howler , don’t think ally maxwell is anywhere near as bad as these duds

Back