Lovenkrands new role

BrownBrogues

Peter Lovenkrands‏Verified account @lovenkrands11 1m1 minute ago

Very happy to have signed a full time contract at @RangersFC @RFC_Youth as coach for the Reserve team, really looking forward to getting started
1f1ec-1f1e7.png
1f499.png

Obviously more than enthusiasm is required to ensure success, but it's notable the number of times during commentaries on Rangers TV he can be heard to exhort our attacking players when faced with a defender to "Run at him!"
It'll also be good to have someone who can hopefully impart both the standards and consistency needed to play for us.

Development side of things being done away with hence the reason we took a full season playing against English and European teams youth set ups.

Obviously more than enthusiasm is required to ensure success, but it's notable the number of times during commentaries on Rangers TV he can be heard to exhort our attacking players when faced with a defender to "Run at him!"
It'll also be good to have someone who can hopefully impart both the standards and consistency needed to play for us.
Agree wi this mate, Lovenkrands loves the Rangers, you can tell that just by listening to him.

So it's a reserve league now rather than the u20s? How does it work, no age restrictions?

I like Lovenkrands. Comes across well anytime you hear him talk. Not someone i'd have had down as a future coach during his playing days, but good luck to him.

Pleased for him, and for us of course. We’re building an impressive set-up at the Hummel Training Centre.

Wasn't there something about the reserves coming back next season, and as for the youths ... a colt team was to be inserted into League 2 for us and them?
Or did I imagine that?

EDIT : Think I also read that the colt teams couldn't progress higher than League 1, even if they did win the league?

So it's a reserve league now rather than the u20s? How does it work, no age restrictions?

I like Lovenkrands. Comes across well anytime you hear him talk. Not someone i'd have had down as a future coach during his playing days, but good luck to him.

Reserve League will be a open age group youths , fringe first team and players returning from injury etc.Games will be played on a Monday with a 2pm ko.

Back