Martin Skrtel’s Rangers transfer could be back On

That the deal back on as we've just signed Katic and Goldson so when we don't sign Skrtel we can have Admin3 or is it 4, or are we onto Admin5 noo?

There just might be something in this given how Goldson has said he’d been talking for a while with SG about his move. Skrtel and SG are mates so it’s possible they’ve been discussing how to make a move possible. Definitely happy to keep Morelos but maybe he’s not happy after being unsettled with the Chinese interest in the last window. Just saying it’s a possibility.

A big no from me. We have one striker on our books who imo after his first rest in almost 2years will get us 30 goals next year and get his value back to where it was at xmas to swap him for a CB after we have just signed two would be mad.

Morelos will only be allowed to go if we get circa £8m+ IMHO we do need to balance the books and if it’s gets us another 3 to 4 in then it’s a good deal for all.

A big no from me. We have one striker on our books who imo after his first rest in almost 2years will get us 30 goals next year and get his value back to where it was at xmas to swap him for a CB after we have just signed two would be mad.

Does he want to be here though?

I'd want at least 7 million plus Skrtel for Morelos! I'm happier with the two CBs we're bringing in anyway so I'd pass!
Spot on - and we’d need to give Skrtel a big chunk of the £7 to offset his drop in wages. Hope Gers don’t entertain this.

I suspect Skrtel arrival may depend on Alves departure,in order to free up wages.
Morelos plus at least 5m would be worth consideration,hopefully with a replacement lined up.
I say that as a fan of Morelos.

Unless it was a big fee it would be mental to conaider this, an aging defender for a young striker with plenty of potential. No thanks

The man has deserved that title and then some.

Folk saying Mr Gerrard in every thread must think it earns them extra staunch points just because Jimmy Bell said it.

Riddy.

Maybe in your opinion, and I’m sure all would agree with you!

But if others would like to show a bit of respect by referring to him as Mr (which he is) then that is their prerogative!

I might be totally wrong but I think Alfie really does not want to be here. His body language the last half of last season said either %^*& sake I’m knackered or I’m turning up and hope to gtf away from this place.

Still think if his attitude is right he’d do us a turn though but sg won’t suffer any passengers.

The evaluations for Morelos are over the top (Chinese bids not withstanding), but a straight swap still doesn’t sound like a good deal for us.

It’d either need to include some money or a big sell on percentage and either way we’re still left needing to look for another striker.

A 1 year swap loan with everything as is.
Would do me.
Otherwise, terrible looking deal for us.

I might be totally wrong but I think Alfie really does not want to be here. His body language the last half of last season said either %^*& sake I’m knackered or I’m turning up and hope to gtf away from this place.

Still think if his attitude is right he’d do us a turn though but sg won’t suffer any passengers.

He needs to learn to convert easy chances

I'd rather keep a young promising player with value than take on an older lad with very expensive wages who may play a season or two and leave for free.

Swap a 21 yo for a guy that's 34 soon and pay the fuker 60k a week for 2 years??????
Away and throw shit at the moon!!

What if it was £7m plus Skrtel?

The OP only talks about a straight swap - which is a nonsense. Other sources talk of Skrtel plus cash.

I don't think we need Skrtel now, I think we've moved on.

Back