What position would you strengthen now

It has to be a left back , having two weak defensive full back who bomb forward leaves us exposed too many times.
Three centre halves with two wing backs or one wing back and a more defensive minded full back.

It has to be a striker

Defence is now almost sorted, midfield has more than enough to choose from, but up front we only really have Morelos and he can blow hot and cold.

Absolutely

Incredible that anyone who watched us last season cant see the glaringly obvious weak point of our team in the bigger games was being outplayed in the middle of the park.

Especially against the scum but given the run around by Hivs on many occasions too.

Arfield will be a good addition but id like to see a ball winner and a more creative player in beside him.

Good post.

We need to compete. This position is vital, because the Katic / Goldson combination will be under serious pressure, like others have been, if we don’t protect them & defend as a whole unit.

I’m sure SG will know this better than us.

Hi All,
Been following for a while but obviously my first post. Glad to be here!
I like the earlier comment about not being able to do everything in one window (as much as I'd love to). SG needs to really see the squad and how it plays under his standards and systems.
We clearly have areas of weakness (like our CB situation and Strikers) that is why I am open to some good loan signings.
If we have a bit of money left-say (5 million)-I'd like us to buy a good striker (maybe around the 3-4 million mark) and the the rest made up of a loan or two of good quality.
I am not a huge fan on loans but I think it ups the quality of the squad while allowing the coaching staff to get a great overview of our squad. I also think that with his current signings (and a few more more) we should be clearly second place and much more competitive-then over the next 18th months SG/MA and the staff really fill out the team with the quality we need.

Fûck 2nd Place.

Those bead rattling bastards are there for the taking

I would love to see another midfielder-more so attacking/play-maker type and another two strikers coming in-would like one permanent striker (who has the ability to start and really compete and push Morelos. I would be okay with a good quality loan as the third striker.

Yes the last two games vs them were awful viewing and it was defence and midfield that were the problem. I don't know if that's down to personnel or something bigger like attitude but it needs changed.

My hunch is that with more structure a few players will improve that are already here. McLeish turned around a lost dressing room quickly on arrival so it might be something similar.

After the CB positions being sorted what position would you look to strengthen, I personally would like to see another RB brought in and another Striker. Hopefully will also see us strengthening our back up options also.

I know this might seem ludicrous, but i would like to see S.G.bring in James Milner.My reason for saying that, is that he can play various positions.ie.both full back slots and further forward if need be.
And he'a fit and a very hard worker, the type our gaffer likes.Can we get him i don't know, but i think he would be a great addition to the team or the squad.omo.

With the signings we've made so far the priority now has to be centre midfield and striker.

A big bully in both positions please.

Good rule of thumb is to look at the deadwood in order of uselessness.

1. Replace Herrera - a striker that can play/score
2. Replace Hodson - decent utility full back cover
3. Replace mentally challenged Mick and Harry Boy - creative attacking cover

Fûck 2nd Place.

Those bead rattling bastards are there for the taking

Don't get me wrong-I want to win the league as much as the next person-but as far as building a team and having patience in the process, we need to at least firmly establish that we are a class above Hibs and Aberdeen-we haven't been able to do that yet.
Also-If we are seriously challenging the mentally challengeds-which needs to be our expectation-then my comment above will be inevitable I guess!

Definitely up front. Either a solid target man as an option or a proper finisher. I love Morelos as a player but he is not a natural finisher and needs to work on that side of his game along with his composure.

Probably a CAM but definitely another striker. We need a midfielder that can unlock the defence with a through ball, something that has defo been missing from the side. This might not be the most popular of opinions, but I would like to see Simon Murray get signed tbh. I know we can look to spend more on a striker rather than a cheap option like Murray could be, but he is a real nuisance to the opposition who can finish which he proved against us at the first home game of the season at Ibrox last year! Also can give us an option if we play 3 upfront maybe

At least one striker of a very high quality and if that doesn't blow the budget then we need to look at bringing in at least one midfielder who is of better quality than we currently have. We would then need hope the defensive options SG has brought in are up to the job.

A big strong athletic striker like Hateley - would give Gers more options up front, something we’ve been sadly lacking for years.

A couple of strikers,full back and a winger would do for me. Qualification to the group stages of the Europa should see a couple more come in.

Once Goldson has signed today - we must strengthen our forward line. I think we need at least 2 strikers - maybe even 3 as IMO Morelos will be away.

We are in dire need of a poacher.

We must start playing two up front this season. This one man up front at home to Partick Thistle, Hamilton etc is shite. It is also a thankless task asking someone to play up front themselves. Can massively dent a players confidence and morale.
2 strikers I think.

Anyone who believes RB is a priority need examined

Tav is more than good enough, in a good team, in a good defence, he’ll excel

We have far more pressing issues still to address than RB

Striker (s)

Real creative player, player who can dictate play and control games

Arguably a proper defensive midfielder
Tav will flourish next season.

Another striker I also think some of our current players from last season will improve so much they will be like new signings. I expect morelos, docherty,John, Windass to really excel next season

Got to be the strikers.

Miller Herrara away don’t think Cummings will sign
Windass and Morelos hopefully sold for good money.

Probably a CAM but definitely another striker. We need a midfielder that can unlock the defence with a through ball, something that has defo been missing from the side. This might not be the most popular of opinions, but I would like to see Simon Murray get signed tbh. I know we can look to spend more on a striker rather than a cheap option like Murray could be, but he is a real nuisance to the opposition who can finish which he proved against us at the first home game of the season at Ibrox last year! Also can give us an option if we play 3 upfront maybe

You've got to be at it hibs deemed him good enough for them and punted him to Dundee on loan he's an average spl player

Wouldn't mind John McGinn

Can drive forward from middle of the park and also fill in at left wing back

Tin hat on now o_O

I think we will see some of the deadwood shipped out for free or for low incoming fees. The next 'major' moves will, I think, be dependant upon who Gerrard sees as 'certain starters' next season. If he wants Windass and Morelos to stay - and expects them to stay - then we may only see some tinkering at the edges in both areas.

If, however, either wants to go, or Gerrard thinks he can bring in better, then we will look for bidders and top-up any incoming fees in order to replace them.

Those two areas are the next to address for me in all honesty - but we may have to wait a while for it to materialise.

I think we will see some of the deadwood shipped out for free or for low incoming fees. The next 'major' moves will, I think, be dependant upon who Gerrard sees as 'certain starters' next season. If he wants Windass and Morelos to stay - and expects them to stay - then we may only see some tinkering at the edges in both areas.

If, however, either wants to go, or Gerrard thinks he can bring in better, then we will look for bidders and top-up any incoming fees in order to replace them.

Those two areas are the next to address for me in all honesty - but we may have to wait a while for it to materialise.
Im a bit apprehensive about a massive whole sale change. We probably need it but :
Would players improve under SG ? Windass for example.
Would massive changes mean longer to gel ?

Im a bit apprehensive about a massive whole sale change. We probably need it but :

There's going to be massive changes mate, whether we like it or not. To date, its 6 in and 9 out - that's before we get to Halliday, Holt, Herrera, Hodson, Forrester, O'Halloran and then start to think of Alves, Cardoso, and maybe Windass and Morelos. We're going to be well into double figures by the time we're done - even if we keep the latter two.

I agree with you. As well, I think a stronger defensive left back would be a good addition.

Midfield I think we are good to go
We most definitely are not good to go in midfield no where near good enough to challenge scum

Striker and creative midfielder but of real quality

I'd agree for sure. Must be higher quality than what we have. I'd be willing to get a few loans to beef up the squad if needed but I would want to spend significantly (for us) in each of those two areas. Gotta be adding quality like we have been doing so far.

Also someone who can actually score a goal from outside the box.
Oh I do miss you albertz

No point in sorting one area of the team and hanging fire with another

I wouldn't stop with the defence. I still hope we are on the look out for a left and right back, preferably better than we already have. I also think we'll bring in another centre half.
I suppose it all depends what formation the manager has in mind.

I wouldn't stop with the defence. I still hope we are on the look out for a left and right back, preferably better than we already have. I also think we'll bring in another centre half.
I suppose it all depends what formation the manager has in mind.
I notice that quite a few posters are looking for cover signings. Why? Imo most that were playing last season, will be the cover. Last seasons "efforts" are still fresh in my mind.
We need better players in every position than what we had last year. I'm not expecting 11 new first team players but we need a few more who are better than what we had last season.

need two full backs (depending if we keep Wallace & Beerman gets another chance) or at least 1 full back that can play on either side.

Need at least two strikers if we don't re-sign Cummings and we can get Herrera off the books.

This is 55 material Jaws. If we can afford it.

I don’t think slowly building to try and tackle them will work as financially the gap will just keep growing and growing.
I know it’s asking a lot but we need to do something similar to what the scum did when O Neill went to them. They spent big on about 4 players, a few smaller signings and they off course inherited the martian.

We need to break this cycle of them winning the league as soon as possible. If SG gets the budget ( close to 20m) I think he has a chance.

I don’t think slowly building to try and tackle them will work as financially the gap will just keep growing and growing.
I know it’s asking a lot but we need to do something similar to what the scum did when O Neill went to them. They spent big on about 4 players, a few smaller signings and they off course inherited the martian.

We need to break this cycle of them winning the league as soon as possible. If SG gets the budget ( close to 20m) I think he has a chance.

The only way he is spending £20m is if you include incoming fees for the likes of Foderingham, Windass, Morelos etc. To think otherwise is, in my view, delusional.

I agree another striker should be a priority. Haven't been paying attention since the transfer thread got binned so apologies if this is "Elvis is dead" stuff but did anyone hear anything about interest in Jack Marriot? Apparently we want him but they've slapped a £5m fee on him according to The Peterborough Telegraph. Seriously doubt we'll be dropping £5m on one player but if we can get some wiggle room on the fee then I think he'd be a great signing: 33 goals for a Peterbrough team that missed out on promotion and seems to be real natural finisher.

I would be looking for another cb depending on Alves situation. I reckon Cardoso will likley move on.

Left back as John is no where near good enough for where we need to be imo.

Striker and a quality centre mid..perhaps another winger if being greedy.

Would be more than happy with that.

Back