Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

It's my pleasure mate. Here's that beam-back at Ibrox. There were almost as many at this as at the actual game (43,000 to just over 50,000). By the look of the images here the picture quality wasn't too bad for 1968!:

wmm4jt.jpg
such a strange photo to see! thanks

Reactions: ao2
Rangers 2-1 Celtic, League Cup Final, 24th October 1964. Jim Baxter and Eric Caldow come out onto the field to lead the lap of honour:

o8xxj9.jpg
I sense another proper lap of honour is about to start. A point I had never really picked up on before was Eric Caldow always had a fantastic smile on his face after he had got hold of another trophy. A good Bluenose. Thanks again to all the guys who regularly post photos on this thread.

Davie Wilson in the 1963 Scottish Cup Final. Rangers won 3-0 after a 1-1 draw, with Wilson scoring the second in the replay:

1hdzdg.jpg
We have been very lucky to have had so many great wingers play for us throughout the years. In view of the sad news about Johnny Hubbard today we were fortunate to have such a great winger as Davie Wilson to replace Johnny Hubbard within a couple of seasons of his retirement.

Also good to see the Union Flag draped over the area where the trophy was presented. Changed days.

Last edited:
Rangers v Celtic, 11th September 1971. Willie Johnston has just scored:

4tuih4.jpg
We were robbed in this game. We were the better team when Colin Stein scored a perfectly good goal in the second half by lobbing Evan Williams. The ball was up and over Williams before Colin Stein’s momentum took him into the keeper. Williams pretended he was injured and the referee (JW Patterson of Bothwell) ? chalked the goal off for feet up by Colin Stein.

We lost 3-2 to a headed winner by Jimmy Johnstone.

We were robbed in this game. We were the better team when Colin Stein scored a perfectly good goal in the second half by lobbing Evan Williams. The ball was up and over Williams before Colin Stein’s momentum took him into the keeper. Williams pretended he was injured and the referee (JW Patterson of Bothwell) ? chalked the goal off for feet up by Colin Stein.

We lost 3-2 to a headed winner by Jimmy Johnstone.

Yep, robbed we were!

16th Sept 1967: Davie Provan a Rangers stalwart is carried off after suffering a broken leg in a challenge with Auld four minutes in.

not20.png

Willie Johnston replaced him. Final score Rangers 1 Celtic 0 Orjan Persson the scorer.
See '50 Years Attending Ibrox Thread - post #96.
No matter what you think of him, McNeil sees a fellow pro in trouble and is helping him off the park.

Last edited:
And the bastard who did it Auld is nowhere in sight :mad:

My old dad hated Auld more than any other Celtic player. He maintained that tackle on Davie Provan was every bit as bad as the one at Aberdeen that badly injured Ian Durrant.

My old dad hated Auld more than any other Celtic player. He maintained that tackle on Davie Provan was every bit as bad as the one at Aberdeen that badly injured Ian Durrant.

So did mine mate. Auld was and still is a bitter old bastard and when he breathes his last I won't shed a tear.

Love this thread,keep them coming.
That one in the dunes is a cracker,like an army stretcher race only with real bodies lol

Back