Roofe wants a new contract

uneasydaz

He said: “My future? Who knows? You’d need to ask the gaffer and people in control of the contracts.

“I’d like to stay, of course I would. I really like playing in this squad and under this gaffer. What he’s brought to the club is massive.

“He’s built a real machine mentality — we go again, it’s like a switch we have.

“We’re disappointed just now about Europe but we’ll recover and redouble our efforts. We have a Treble to go for this season and they could do the Quadruple next season.

“I truly believe that’s when you will see the results of his work.

“Everyone’s learning his style of play and what he wants, and it’s vice-versa with him.

“Once he gets a few injuries out of the system, then next season the machine should be really firing.

“It’s a great club, the fanbase is top. Being in competitions like the Champions League and Europa League is amazing

“So, for me, right now I’m just trying to play as many games as I can, do my best and help us get as many trophies as we can.”

Weather great here in Colorado. Colorado Rapids have always lacked a goal scorer. This is the place for you Kemar.

It’s not up for discussion.

I mean he might score the winner in the next old firm and some here will clamour for a one year deal or something.

But no. That ship has sailed. He’s probably one of the biggest earners at the club and all he’s given us this season is one memorable night in Seville

Nice words,but as much as I like him when he is fully fit it would be fecking madness to give him a contract.

getting the feeling “he becomes available “ when contracts are due for renewal then he gets injured , i like the idea of a pay as you play contract but unlikely to happen so feel it is time to move on.

Never say never…

Toss him a carrot by suggesting it’s possible to see if it’ll get him fit and performing at his best for the rest of the season

55 was the only season he didn’t seem to be decimated by injuries.

He doesn’t seem to have the body for professional sport and it’s not going to get better with age.

Do these 'pay as you play ' deals even exist? Has there ever been a pro footballer on one of these contracts?

As for Roofe, it shouldn't even be a debate. Simply no.

getting the feeling “he becomes available “ when contracts are due for renewal then he gets injured , i like the idea of a pay as you play contract but unlikely to happen so feel it is time to move on.
I don't get the need to label accusations like this at our players. The guy has had terrible luck with injuries, let's not make it something its not cause you put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5.

We cannot in a million years hand any one who's out of contact a new deal, other than big John L, who I don't actually believe will sign a new deal unfortunately. I think he'll want serious money to stay and we won't be able to match his demands. Given his age, he's got one last big payday and you couldn't blame him if he does move on. The rest, Roofe, Jack, Borna etc, thanks for all your efforts over the years etc, but it's over for you here now. We can't reward half fit and continually unavailable players with new contracts.

It’s a pity as when fit he is without doubt our best striker

But his fitness issues mean he simply cannot be given a new contract

Shame for everyone tbh, but those wages can be spent better elsewhere

We'd be mad to offer him a new contract. Hasn't done anything to merit a new contract. Plus one of the main factors which is hindering us as a club is having far too many deadwood injury prone players in our squad.
I'm sure big Phil will have a much better replacement lined up in future.

The only way it would be remotely palatable is if we dropped his wages to frankly derisory levels, which wouldn't be right to do.

Fantastic finisher, horrendous fitness record. Thanks for your service but time to go.

He has been at Rangers for almost 4 seasons, and has scored some huge goals in that time. In his first 2 seasons he was a very good striker.

In the last 2 seasons he has scored 2 league goals, 4 goals overall.

He has played in 98 of the 225 games we've played since he's been here.

He is absolutely finished as a footballer at a club of our size, and I have doubts he could play at any decent level tbh.

He has offered absolutely nothing in his subs appearances since he's been fit again.

Back