Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
Years ago when I was in the family stand I’m sure the adult ticket holder only never got a ticket for 1 home old firm and the other game you were allocated somewhere else normally the corner of the govan west , is my memory playing tricks on me ??

Over time, hopefully finer details like that are ironed out.

To start, getting the ball rolling and adults getting together and figuring out a concept that works for all, that’s a win for me.

We could spend all day in the weeds. This is the first step - hopefully in due course your suggestion plays out.

Either way, it’s better than the 700/800 we both have right now, which I don’t believe is percentage allocated?

Last time I looked bud, we were on a zero allocation with the filth trampling over the League's own rules.

The bottom line is, the first game at yahooville next season, lays down a marker. Our club HAS to play them at their own game.

And that's a fair comment and not one I would dispute. My upset is that the club have failed to back up all of the rhetoric they've spouted in recent times.

If allocations were up for discussions, the club should have been fighting for us at all other grounds. Maybe they have and we haven't heard yet...

This change, though, has come about because of Celtic. Not us.
I honestly don’t think there would’ve been any change on the status quo unless sky and sponsors stepped in. Of course the optics look like Celtic have got their way but they were adamant it was 7500 or 0

I bet you can't,more smoke bombs more trouble for the club,I went away with my team years before you were born and we never brought the club bad media news ,changed days.
My first game was in 1969 and spent many years going to away games and got to know a lot of good Rangers people from all over who I would bump into at away games. Even friends were made in my own town by getting to know lads who travelled.

One of my favourite times was a couple of years on the stormin Norman combat squad from Linwood, that would pick us up in Renfrew. Good set of lads and fine days out. As for smoke bombs, that's absolutely nothing. Had many mad travels and there wasn't a smoke bomb in sight and was never a thing anyway.

So 5% = 2500 for them and 3000 for us.
Am late to the news but surely “around” means they can give us 2,500 ie the same amount.

Surely there’s no way we would get a bigger allocation in numerical terms - their fans would see it as a “win” for us, so would never accept it.

You're going around in circles here mate.

You know fine well I move for European games and you know my issue isn't being moved.

I'll stand by my fellow supporters whilst a lot stand over them and laugh on here.

A different tune being played from your anti-Bisgrove days.
I’m for the increased allocation but I agree with you re season ticket holders being locked out. They should’ve given Celtic the maximum available to ensure all season ticket holders are catered for

I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
They are very confident of offering a seat move to all those that want one.

That's good news.

But given that confidence, why have the club offered no assurances and decided instead to offer a discount and talk of tickets on a first-come basis - are they assuming there won't be a 100% pick-up?

There’s valid for and against points

In one way you don’t want them anywhere near our ground.

In same breath though the games worse for it both can be right.

Something needed to give but some folk will get shafted by it given the way our grounds set up

Because it's not about the numbers.

It's about the impact on our own supporters. There are no STs for Europe. We are now offering discounted STs for the League and failing to guarantee those ST holders seats for the two biggest games of the season - and this is to accommodate the away support of our only domestic rival.
if every season ticket holder ticks the box " All Home Games " it is about the numbers

also for @Bknowe

Not comparable in the slighest

One was a friendly match half way around the world. The other is to do with competitive matches where we can’t select our opponents

We can select how many of them we let into Ibrox as much as we can select how many friendly competitions we sign up to.

The comparison is dancing to the scum's tune.

We can select how many of them we let into Ibrox as much as we can select how many friendly competitions we sign up to.

The comparison is dancing to the scum's tune.
It’s quite clear that today’s decision has resulted due to external pressures. It’s not as if the club have just decided to do it off their own backs

You say dancing to the scums tune when in truth they wanted the full stand and they’ve not got it. It’s better described as dancing to sky/sponsors tune

How many years have we been told we can’t segregate supporters in the Broomie no way can we segregate supporters in the Broomie,Now we can segregate supporters in the Broomie,They have to get the Broomie 1+2 front and rear one line of segregation.

Our average ( and theirs) in the 60s/70s was 25k.
All seated stadiums changed the dynamic because fans who only attended bigger matches were worried they wouldn’t get in
I take your main point and agree that having the smaller stadium is what drives people to buy season tickets to make sure they can get in.

Would expect the 25k figure is wrong for us and them. I remember flicking through the average attendance figures in a Glasgow book shop one day and Rangers were always way ahead of them in terms of average attendance.

You're going around in circles here mate.

You know fine well I move for European games and you know my issue isn't being moved.

I'll stand by my fellow supporters whilst a lot stand over them and laugh on here.

A different tune being played from your anti-Bisgrove days.

So you get moved for a European game and Rangers are saying they will try and make sure you all also get a seat for when Celtic come.

Until we know for sure that some will miss out when they want to go then it’s all just people catastrophising at the moment. There’s going to be a lot of organised chaos this summer with seat moves and the UB’s moving to the Copland and people in the Copland wanting to move elsewhere. Renewals aren’t even in yet either.

We currently have 45k season ticket holders in a stadium which holds just over 50k. The club have until the end of the year to work this out. The first OF game at Ibrox with this new allocation won’t be until the end of 2024.

And your Bisgrove line is utterly pathetic like I said earlier. You and others want to keep chucking that in like it’s some sort of hand grenade. Why does everything need to be so black and white? I’m not looking at him giving me the opportunity to go and support my team at the ground of our biggest rivals as if it’s him that’s personally done me a favour. And by the way, there’s no guarantee I’ll have a ticket for the piggery either but at least I’ll have a chance now.

He screwed over a mate of mine and had to pay for it.

I have and always will be a fan of Rangers. The fact I dislike our CEO or whatever his new title is doesn’t mean I need to be miserable with anything the club do. James Bisgrove isn’t Rangers Football Club and I’ll still be supporting our club long after he’s moved on.

Upside…
1.Adds a bit more edge to the atmosphere..Something that’s been missing.
2. Gives a chance for our supporters to get tickets for their place..

Downside…
1. Some fans may miss out in future games against them at Ibrox.
2. Tv viewing wise their fans will have more coverage at Ibrox but when we go there we’ll be stuck in a corner with hardly no coverage.

I just hope Rangers don’t let those season ticket holders down who will be affected by this decision today.

That's good news.

But given that confidence, why have the club offered no assurances and decided instead to offer a discount and talk of tickets on a first-come basis - are they assuming there won't be a 100% pick-up?
The club don’t know for certain how many of the 1800 will prefer to opt out of the old firm games. More than 50% of them previously had season tickets excl old firm games.

They also don’t know which seats won’t be renewed next season in the other stands and how that will free up 2/3/4 seats together.

I guess because of the above they cannot be 100% certain but highly likely everyone can be relocated.

It’s quite clear that today’s decision has resulted due to external pressures. It’s not as if the club have just decided to do it off their own backs

You say dancing to the scums tune when in truth they wanted the full stand and they’ve not got it. It’s better described as dancing to sky/sponsors tune
You say it like they're going to stop with the 2500. Mark my words they will be complaining about everything and anything whether it's the internal segregation or things being flung from above and demanding the full stand again. Sky did not start the push for this, they did.

You could always ring the club and tell them you would like them to give your Old Firm ticket to a Celtic fan.

Or do you mean you would like a different Rangers fan to you be locked out so Celtic can get more fans in?
Well fought with the attempted straw man sir, but seeing as I won’t get a ticket regardless due to the club selling tickets destined for MyGers to offsite hospitality.

However, in the future if I do garner enough points for a ST, I’d like to be able to watch my team win at Parkhead.

As a committed Rangers supporter yourself, I’m sure you’ll have had the privilege of this before, should I not get this chance at some point in my life?

With so much chit chat about stadium expansion, surely we could expand the stadium and give them these tickets AND have even more of our own supporters in th stadium?

Admittedly, this is somewhat irrelevant to the current circumstances. In the same vain as me pointing out that 8k wouldn’t work with current ST levels, not that you bothered to read that part regardless.

The tramps see this as the first step in getting the full stand back. Folk can say it will never happen. I’m not so sure, a few years ahead and they will be moaning again, saying segregation isn’t good enough and the best solution is back to what it used to be. We should have stuck to the 800 max allocation.

The club don’t know for certain how many of the 1800 will prefer to opt out of the old firm games. More than 50% of them previously had season tickets excl old firm games.

They also don’t know which seats won’t be renewed next season in the other stands and how that will free up 2/3/4 seats together.

I guess because of the above they cannot be 100% certain but highly likely everyone can be relocated.

Thanks for that and let's hope so. I guess the biggest issue will be finding seats together.

The tramps see this as the first step in getting the full stand back. Folk can say it will never happen. I’m not so sure, a few years ahead and they will be moaning again, saying segregation isn’t good enough and the best solution is back to what it used to be. We should have stuck to the 800 max allocation.
Exactly.

But the likes of Bisgrove have opted to give special treatment to that mob. Give them the same as the other clubs who come to Ibrox. But no.

Why should Bisgrove care, though? He’s not one of us, and Rangers is just a job to him in his wider career path.

The tramps are playing the long game here, something they are very adept at. However as long as a few more people get their jolly at Parkhead that’s fine.

Personally I'm all for it (I'd imagine the overwhelming majority of supporters below 30 likely myself who haven't had regular aways at Parkhead are), there obvious issues with fans being moved etc. but unfortunately the only viable route out of that situation is stadium expansion. Really looking forward to hopefully getting a ticket for one of the games next year, just hope it's done top-down in My Gers.

In a more general sense, I think it's a really positive outcome for Scottish football as a whole. The initial cut has set a trend of diminishing away supports throughout the league, and hopefully that 5% figure is eventually enforced league-wide. The game is better with away fans in it and they should be protected as attendees by clubs, but given the supporter culture that's emerged throughout the SPFL in the past decade or so, that's especially true in Scotland IMO as it's something that differentiates us in a positive light from the prem etc.

Long-term both clubs need to make this compromised position work and have a line drawn over the whole thing. Ultimately there are large chunks in both supports who haven't got their ideal outcome, but this is the most common-sense agreement that could be reached and I think it makes sense until such times as Ibrox is expanded. Hopefully, neither party throws their toys out the pram in the next couple years and decent away supports continue in the derby from here on out.

You say it like they're going to stop with the 2500. Mark my words they will be complaining about everything and anything whether it's the internal segregation or things being flung from above and demanding the full stand again. Sky did not start the push for this, they did.
They can cry all they want for the full stand, it won’t happen. It’s more likely to go back to 0 fans than them ever getting the full stand for a league game

They’d get a full stand if it was a Scottish cup fixture and that’s their lot

So you get moved for a European game and Rangers are saying they will try and make sure you all also get a seat for when Celtic come.

Until we know for sure that some will miss out when they want to go then it’s all just people catastrophising at the moment. There’s going to be a lot of organised chaos this summer with seat moves and the UB’s moving to the Copland and people in the Copland wanting to move elsewhere. Renewals aren’t even in yet either.

We currently have 45k season ticket holders in a stadium which holds just over 50k. The club have until the end of the year to work this out. The first OF game at Ibrox with this new allocation won’t be until the end of 2024.

And your Bisgrove line is utterly pathetic like I said earlier. You and others want to keep chucking that in like it’s some sort of hand grenade. Why does everything need to be so black and white? I’m not looking at him giving me the opportunity to go and support my team at the ground of our biggest rivals as if it’s him that’s personally done me a favour. And by the way, there’s no guarantee I’ll have a ticket for the piggery either but at least I’ll have a chance now.

He screwed over a mate of mine and had to pay for it.

I have and always will be a fan of Rangers. The fact I dislike our CEO or whatever his new title is doesn’t mean I need to be miserable with anything the club do. James Bisgrove isn’t Rangers Football Club and I’ll still be supporting our club long after he’s moved on.
It's first come first serve. There's absolutely nothing in that to suggest everyone will get a seat as they wouldn't need to say that.

If the current allocation is 800 being be then that's 1700 being displaced for this match next season and there arent that many spare seats kicking about.

I don't expect any support coming from here or fan media as you will all get a chance to visit the chamber of secrets next season by pure luck no doubt.

We didn't discriminate against them, they got the same allocation as every other league opponent and more importantly, all our fans were taken care of.

And now the club is writing to fans that they'll be losing their seats to accommodate even more Beggars?

Yeah, however Rangers or many on here spin it, that sounds nothing like a win for us.

A sad day.

Back