Patrice Evra has upset some people

Jacrispy

Got hordes of people complaining and accusing him of being a patronising sexist because he applauded Eni Aluko’s breakdown of the Costa Rica side :D

Aluko may eventually relax but at the moment she’s Fucking horrendous and is proving why she’s seen as a box ticking appointment. Her delivery is like a 12 yr old kid on stage for the first time. I’d imagine itv have spent a bit on preparing her, well it’s failing badly

Didn’t see it today but Aluko has been one of the best pundits so far.

And for balance, the burd on the highlights last night would get it :p

I think she’s been largely useless. The other lassie has been very good though.

Aluko may eventually relax but at the moment she’s Fucking horrendous and is proving why she’s seen as a box ticking appointment. Her delivery is like a 12 yr old kid on stage for the first time. I’d imagine itv have spent a bit on preparing her, well it’s failing badly
I agree, she’s like a deer in the headlights and at times just nervously rambles.

The way the world's going you run the risk of being labelled sexist / racist / sectarian if you do anything that she embody who's different from you doesn't like.

It was clear she had been reading Wiki for her info but was it any worse than what those two idiots served up ?

Yesterday, the lassie Alex Scott was the best pundit on the France/Australia game by a mile. Drogba could barely string a sentence together and Neville was a complete arsehole who was wanting an argument with anyone who didn't think his thoughts.

Evra does seem like a bit of a tadger and I knew that the usuals would be upset about his comments towards Aluko.

Yesterday, the lassie Alex Scott was the best pundit on the France/Australia game by a mile. Drogba could barely string a sentence together and Neville was a complete arsehole who was wanting an argument with anyone who didn't think his thoughts.

Didn't see Aluko but this is spot on. Alex Scott was giving decent, insightful analysis while Drogba was trotting out shite and Neville had his face tripping him, picking fights that no one cared about. They can tick all the boxes they want if it gets us past the usual cliched, lazy pish most male pundits come out with and actually improve the quality of analysis.

Plus: absolutely wuid.

I presume you micro-analyse male pundits on TV too? To do so, you'd conclude 90% appear nervous and actually aren't very insightful at all.

Aluko, I think, has come across well and sounds pretty knowledgable.
Nah just the impression I get when watching her and others like yourself can disagree. I never seen her analysis today right enough. I’ve also not seen any evra’s analysis either but I always thought he did seem like a prick of a guy.

Watch and judge for yourselves. Evra and Larsson are absolutely patronising her IMO.

Okay it’s worse than I imagined. I’m not sure he’s meant it maliciously but it is all about cringy.

Did the presenter not kick it all off though.

So far out of all the pundits only 2 have gotten pass marks from me.

Evra, because he at least has a personality.

and that bird on BBC1, simply cause she would get it.

The lassie Alex Scott has been pretty good so far, and a fresh perpsective from the usual monotone pish. Or is it Aluko? The one on the BBC.I am getting them mixed up.

Seriously, I'm far from sexist, but if things like this raise these kind of concerns then just keep women out of it.

Some of the stuff that the male pundits say to each other makes this looks childsplay.

He's always been a bit of a tosser in my book.

preview_WA690024.jpg

The lassie Alex Scott has been pretty good so far, and a fresh perpsective from the usual monotone pish. Or is it Aluko? The one on the BBC.I am getting them mixed up.

Aluko is fucking hopeless

The one who would get it is the one you are thinking of.

Back