Open Goal

The comment about Carter-Vickers at the end perfectly encapsulates their attitude. The wind moved the ball more than Johnston did, but they argue on and when that fails it’s “CV had it anyway”. There has to be something, anything they can point at and say we’ve been cheated.

Any bear giving time to this Rangers hating mob need to have a word with themselves if it wasn’t for Halliday it literally would be a mentally challenged podcast.

Reactions: VGM
In the full video Halliday is bang on as usual. Even Slaney admits it's a penalty in the end.

Kyle is letting his emotions take over, as most Celtic fans have, they're gutted they threw that away.
Surely that can't be right? I read on here Halliday is a poet sympathiser.

Yet more ridiculous analysis. We've had Michael Stewart claim it can't be a foul if you don't know someone is there and now Kyle is saying it's not Johnston's fault that he's been done by Silva's footwork and what is he meant to do with his leg?? Deary me.

Mental. He was at the table beside me on Friday night in a restaurant.

I’m the type that would never interrupt someone having dinner with their family but if it was tonight i seen him then I think I’d struggle not to make a comment:

Not aimed at you mate but the many on here who always fall over themselves to tell us how much they hate it and have a go at Halliday for not singing #1 Platoon on every episode.
I’m quite surprised at the Halliday stuff on the thread, as in my opinion I think he’s absolutely spot on. He needs to be fair also it’s easy for myself or other to say we’d say this or that but he’s a media career on OG and Clyde the now along with his new coaching project to look after.

For all those making out like it's only tims who don't think it was a pen. We've got plenty of ex players who still think it's the 90s when it comes to tackles.

Kenny Miller didn't think it was a red when the lady's front bottom smashed into McCausland for Motherwell.

Neil McCann didn't think it was a penalty against Hibs when Souttar got elbowed in the dish.

He should not have commented then, he's supposed to be one of us. He knows there's enough out there against us without our own going down that route too.
So unless hes biased towards us he shouldnt comment and because he did hes becoming bheast minded? mental logic.

Don't normally watch it but i did watch the recent one where they went to Italy with Derek Ferguson to watch Lewis playing for Bologna.
If you watch this episode in full its utterly cringeworthy watching Ferry and his sidekick making an utter erse of themselves constantly throughout. They really are a couple of phannies.

For all those making out like it's only tims who don't think it was a pen. We've got plenty of ex players who still think it's the 90s when it comes to tackles.

Kenny Miller didn't think it was a red when the lady's front bottom smashed into McCausland for Motherwell.

Neil McCann didn't think it was a penalty against Hibs when Souttar got elbowed in the dish.
Ex-celt Kenny Miller makes my ears bleed.

Not aimed at you mate but the many on here who always fall over themselves to tell us how much they hate it and have a go at Halliday for not singing #1 Platoon on every episode.
Halliday done well in that clip in defense of the correct penalty call, but I do feel he tries too hard to appease the tims generally

Halliday more than holds his own , not too difficult, and Kyle ends up grudgingly agreeing with him.

For the last month he’s been calling Paul Slane a Celtic cheerleader and that he plays up to their fans all the time.

Surprised all the people in this thread telling us how he’s not fighting our corner who I presume watch it most weeks are not talking about this.

Is it only pricks that go on that thing?
McCoist, Durrant, Numan and McLeish have all been interviewed for it, and an additional raft of other ex-Rangers players.

The mentally challenged IRA loving pricks that they apparently are.

I enjoy open goal, it’s a good laugh not to be taken too seriously.

But anyone who doesn’t admit it’s heavily slanted towards Celtic analysis wise (despite Halliday) is kidding themselves on. That clip of Kyle shows his brains but the whole analysis of the game from the weekend is slanted towards them as it always is because of those involved - 3 out of 4 of them Celtic fans.

Kevin Kyle will just be remembered for being one of the biggest wastes of space to ever wear a Rangers shirt. Turned up that fat and out of shape that custom shorts had to be made for him. Big f#ckin parachute efforts in order to fit him. Guy was a disgrace.
Along with Francis Jeffers and James Beattie

Ferry is generally balanced enough when speaking about us I always find, it’s never just the apparent hate filled nonsense some are making out.

It probably has an occasional Celtic edge but he supports them.

It’s alright to actually speak to people who support or listen to people who support Celtic by the way, the apparent standards some hold themselves to on here is just strange to read.

The show with a poster from this forum in the last week or so was pretty decent.

Last edited:
Which means they must watch it every week!!

It’s alright to actually speak to people who support or listen to people who support Celtic by the way, the apparent standards some hold themselves to on here is just strange to read.

Why anyone would willingly listen to Open Goal in its current format, irrespective of their leanings, is beyond me. It is for imbeciles.

When it was just Ferry interviewing folk it was more than tolerable, it was actually quite interesting and insightful.

Even if it was quality content and worthwhile analysis, why would you choose to listen to that over the likes of H&H or any other Rangers fan produced independent media?

Why anyone would willingly listen to Open Goal in its current format, irrespective of their leanings, is beyond me. It is for imbeciles.

When it was just Ferry interviewing folk it was more than tolerable, it was actually quite interesting and insightful.

Even if it was quality content and worthwhile analysis, why would you choose to listen to that over the likes of H&H or any other Rangers fan produced independent media?

Because loads of people work from home these days and have about 40 hours a week worth of content to fill, before even considering time spent at the gym, walking etc. They aren’t limited to 2 hours of content per week.

I’d also always listen to more than just Rangers fan media personally as I’d start to find it boring, repetitive and create a form of tunnel vision. I enjoy H and H but I don’t see myself as hostage to fan media channels just because it’s Rangers content I still enjoy content I enjoy and expand that beyond just listening to other Rangers fans.

I quite enjoy watching North Korean propaganda films on youtube also.

I enjoy open goal, it’s a good laugh not to be taken too seriously.

But anyone who doesn’t admit it’s heavily slanted towards Celtic analysis wise (despite Halliday) is kidding themselves on. That clip of Kyle shows his brains but the whole analysis of the game from the weekend is slanted towards them as it always is because of those involved - 3 out of 4 of them Celtic fans.

I never listen to it so I can't really comment on it but from the few minutes of clips Ive seen, it's absolutely not for me.

The Halliday thing appears to me just like Derek Johnston being the useful idiot Rangers fan on Clyde for years. I don't really understand Rangers fans listening to something so slanted against us.

By coincidence, someone told me tonight that Kyle is so bright he was apparently talking about tapping up a 10 year old opponent at Grassroots football.where he coaches.

Why anyone would rare care for the opinions of these guys on any subject is beyond me.

Back