Match Thread Dundee v Rangers - 20:00 Wednesday - Sky Sports

Something has gone far wrong in that dressing room. We'll probably find out in a couple of years.
This is like sabotage. Disinterested, sluggish, lazy, tentative and completely lacking in passion or urgency.
Can't pass, first touch shocking, can't cross, can't shoot.
Simply not at it.

Watching that live. Thoughts:

Cantwell. Invisible.

Silva. Invisible.

Captain marvel. Invisible.

Goldson looking like he’s running in sand from minute 1. His legs have genuinely gone.

Lundstram gets paid 25k+ a week and he cannot dictate play. He’s the antithesis of a playmaker. Awful.

Sterling trying but he’s clearly not a LB can’t go on the outside.

We’re just not a very good team.
Agree with all of that.

I would also add a general lack of pace and aggression in everything we do.

Just how can we perform so well in the Europa League (Benfica at home excepted) against really good European teams and yet perform so abject against your, Motherwell, Ross County's and Dundee?

I sincerely hope it's not that the win or draw bonus is a lot higher for Europe wins or draws. However you never know these days.

McCausland for Silva
Dessers for Cantwell
Raskin for Lawrence

Need some workrate
Roofe at 10 would be more effective than Cantwell
Need a natural midfielder in beside Lawrence

Something is just missing from our play tonight, the players just do not seem to have that spark. To me it looks like Sunday is still very much on the players mind and they seem to be very wary about making a mistake so are playing safe instead.

I am scared to say this but even if we get a result here tonight, for the life of me I just can not see how those same players can get a result at the piggery.

50 minutes of aimless rubbish. You can just see the front three have never played together before. Lee McCulloch is spot on about having right footed players on the left. Stop and adjust every time. No speed of thought going forward at all. Whatever Lawrence has is not evident here. Cantwell a little shimmy for space and then gives it away.

In the managers pre match interview, he made a reference to next season, this told me he believes this season we already won all we gonna win

What in %^*&'s name is actually happening wi us looks like a corner has been turned and boom back to square one, would love to know why we are the only team up here that collectively fall to bits at the most important times.
Is the jersey too heavy for them or is our scouting terrible or is it a psychological thing as ability goes right out the window.

Anyone else getting sick of parading our ex players to talk about how big we are.

We are 2nd best in our own city and have been for 10 years.

Btw my point stands in a thread after Ross county. Cantwell should be nowhere near a rangers side next season. Brings zero to the ‘10’ position

Something has gone far wrong in that dressing room. We'll probably find out in a couple of years.
This is like sabotage. Disinterested, sluggish, lazy, tentative and completely lacking in passion or urgency.
Can't pass, first touch shocking, can't cross, can't shoot.
Simply not at it.
Look no further than your captain and vice captain.

The common denominator.

This team has no chance of winning the league.

Roofe, Cantwell, Lawrence, silva are all rotten.
Or even this game. There is no one with the appetite or the fight to win at shitholes like this. It doesn't help when the referee gives a foul against us for every tackle whether it's a foul or not. Season petering out quite embarrassingly. Roll on next season without goldson, lundstrom Silva, Dessers etc. ,. Too many losers and duds.

Strange 1st half, has more the feel of an end of season performance, some going through motions, rather than a must win to keep the league going - bypassing the midfield, Cantwell seems to be playing too far forward, whether Lawrence position is impacting on that?

I’d do this-

Borna on for either Lunny or Lawrence to allow Sterling into the middle of the park where they’ve been and Borna would at least be in a natural position

Sima switches to left and take Silva off for Matondo

Cantwell is on thin ice, offers very little and gives the ball away constantly, he’s morphing into 2024’s Josh Windass unfortunately

Reactions: dmg
Silva and Cantwell not looking suited to this pitch. I'd look at going 3 at the back, surely Davies can give us 45 minutes at left of a back 3? Tav right and Lawrence left of midfield with Lundstram, Cantwell and Sterling in the middle. Simaa and Roofe up top with Dessers on for one of them after an hour. We need to win the midfield slog or this won't end well.

That's now 140 minutes of utter shit. The league has gone. They'd be better just losing or drawing tonight and ending our misery quickly. Totally gutted. Almost right back to where I was after the Aberdeen shambles at Ibrox.

Can only assume clement thought if he picked an attacking team we would go out all guns blazing but we have absolutely nothing in midfield. Lawrence sima and even cantwel posted missing.

Just how can we perform so well in the Europa League (Benfica at home excepted) against really good European teams and yet perform so abject against your Ross County's and Dundee?

I sincerely hope it's not that the win or draw bonus is a lot higher for Europe wins or draws. However you never know these days.
Less "pressure" in Europe

Ryan Kent said so in a post match interview against Braga.

McCausland for Silva please and put Sima back to the left. Give us a bit of balance like we had when we went on a good run. Next sub would be Lawrence for someone if things continue.

They don't look like they care.

Yes there's flat baws, a shite pitch, and they're breaking down play every 5 minutes with an injury or distraction...but doesn't change the fact our players look resigned to it.

Back