Match Thread Rangers v Hearts - 15:00 Sunday - Premier Sports

Definitely an improvement but still far from the level we're capable of.

Some really good individual displays but Cantwell and Balogun were the picks for me. It's never easy for a player to come in from the cold, let alone someone of his age, but Balogun was sensational for us.

Hopefully the injuries aren't too bad and fingers crossed Ridvan can get back to availability asap too.

We must play Cantwell at 10. No argument that he’s miles ahead of Lawrence.
Clement is almost always going to sub that position each game so we need at least 2 "starters".

Lawrence was pretty good when he came on but I think he needs space. Cantwell has the quicker feet so I agree he's a better option to start when the midfield is more congested.

Happy with the result, Cantwell did excellent and was very impressed with Sterling. Not a huge difference between this and the LC semifinal v Hearts - shows we are hopefully improving again from our slump. Diomande added so much dynamism to our midfield which has been sorely lacking

Hopefully Sima and Matondo are okay

Big Balogun’s tackling was superb today, don’t see Goldson sliding in like him and getting his shorts dirty. Take the win but at times we were poor. Especially up front. Bring on the bheggars.

Take that result but that performance was not a good one. A win is a win and hopefully it can get a bit of confidence into those players. Our passing was way too slack again today. We are so imbalanced on the left just now and its a big problem. McCausland's effort is there but he just needs to be a bit quicker in his thinking. Diomande, bar a couple of slack passes was a major plus today, along with Balogun. Butland, couple of excellent saves again. Sterling put the shift in and but looks a bit uncomfortable on the left.

Dessers just drives me mental. He has me pulling my hair out and driving up to Hampden to get him to Glasgow Airport to get tae %^*&, then a minute later he has me jumping for joy. Its a really love/hate relationship just now.

Great result some decent individual performances,thankfully something to build on

Well done the Rangers.

We've won well despite that utter wanker McLean's best efforts.

An utter fraud of a referee.
Well said mate.

Was just about to post similar. Well done to everyone. They tried like fcuk. Tried ma patience right enough, but at least they tried and put a shift in and looked like it meant something.

The same effort must be shown henceforth.

P.S. Naeshame can get it right fcukin round him.

Happy with that, performance wasn’t brilliant, but a massive improvement on Ross County or Dundee.

Difficult for me to pick between Balogun or Cantwell for MotM, I thought both were excellent.

Last edited:
Dessers excellent! He is like a Ted McMinn striker either excellent when dribbling and awkward when simple! Get behind him!

Special mention for Butland what a save!
Is that him one off 20 for the season? Seems to be better when he doesn’t have time to think, Miller was a bit like that also imo

A lot of positives to take from that today!

Tav and the defence turned back up!

midfield was as a drastic change finding the gaps and pushing forward ! Cantwell had a fantastic game.

Well in big CD9.

Onward!

Silva is so poor here.

MOTM is super easy. Hope enjoyable to watch someone who can defend?

Balogun
It's worthwhile asking who was the best defender on show for us here?
Balogun.

Our defence was up against Shankland and for the first game for a while we had no really obvious where-the-feck-is-the-ball calamities in the box, and kept a clean sheet.
Balogun.

The school of thought that suggests keeping Balogun for another year and getting a replacement in for Souttar was reinforced today.

Some good, solid performances in our team today, with players actually trying to get to a ball first.

Silva had a quite awful but ridiculously hilarious moment when he decided to dive in the box, for no reason at all.

tbf to Lundstram he had some good moments, especially in defence, but needs to keep it simpler when possible.

We were much more solid today and had much better shape in and out of possession.

Diomande makes a difference to us and Balogun played better than I remember Goldson playing this season.

Thought Matondo and Silva were both very poor. Can only hope Sima is back very quickly.

A better performance all round, with good showings from Balogun, Cantwell Diomande and Dessers. Tavernier, McCausland and Sterling did pretty well too.

Dessers is a weird one.

Absolutely terrible most of the time, still has a decent scoring rate for the season.

Annoys me when he makes a mess of things and moans at everyone else, then talks so well to the press and makes you think she's a great guy.

Back