Match Thread Rangers v Hearts - 15:00 Sunday - Premier Sports

It’s a great result in the end but if we are being honest we don’t look any better than the teams we are playing in the SPFL at the minute. Hearts finishing was awful and our keeper saved us again or that’s a very uncomfortable last ten minutes.

Pluses were Butland - looked like being back to the Butland we’ve seen most of the season, Balogun - it’s either him and Goldson or him and Souttar, but it should be him and somebody, Diomande - good to see him back, he looked solid and Dessers back scoring again, hopefully he goes on another run to finish out the season. And of course Cantwell - one piece of magic that really won us the game in a good overall performance from him.

Last edited:
- desire from the off
- Butland as usual, outstanding
- Tav much better defesnively
- Balogun outstanding and needs to stay in for the duration
- Huge credit to Dessers, match winner and if he keeps the shooting boots on til the cup final we will push all the way
- Cantwell brilliant, keeps that level of creativity and drive up he will add a good few numbers to his tally for G/A
- Overall delighted and we aim for at least a double now. Reset and treat it as a small season where every win matters

Just as a side note, Celtic consistently drop points in the split fixtures and have done since 17/18 season. This is not over yet.

17/18: 8 points dropped

18/19: 5 points dropped

19/20: no split

20/21: 7 points dropped

21/22: 4 points dropped

22/23: 7 points dropped

What a strange game that was. The victory is all that matters of course ultimately
CD9…..I’ll be kind and say “clumsy”
Silva…..THAT miss
We created enough chances to win 5 games, final ball and some comedy striker play on another day would have cost us

No idea what he was doing but a great result nonetheless
I think he was shocked Dessers passed and it was a bit caught under him....and his go to response is to fall on his arse.
Thank f*ck he's on loan so we don't have to try and punt him in the summer.

Like when teams scored 7 (Seven) or more and the vidiprinter on Grandstand would have to spell the number in case noone believed it.

I may be showing my age (Forty-five).
I know buddy, I’m even older.
I thought I’d posted another post stating I was looking forward to the replies.

If Silva is a £35m footballer then there's hope for me yet at 40 years old.

Dessers, Butland, Balogun & Cantwell good. The rest average but enough for job to be done.

Goldson stays out please. Lundstram dropped next match too.

I would play Goldson with Balogun. Souter can't get through a game without a couple of fk ups
Souttar had been performing far better than Goldson.

Goldson, playing well, is by far the better of the two.

But I will admit, I do feel charitable towards Souttar. Raw, limited, honest.

There's two things I'll never forgive Goldson for, so I'd rather Souttar won if the two battled it out for one place.

Did you try refreshing when you logged back in? Sometimes you have to do that about 3 times?
Yeah. Loaded it in Edge and it worked eventually. Cheers for your help. Missed about the first 30 minutes. Will be sending an email to Rangers, there's been a few things recently that have annoyed me and not just on the park.

Well done, Rangers.
Injuries are brutal though. Sima seem to be hamstring and Matondo had an ice pack on right away.

MOTM Big Leon.
Given the bombscare we’ve been at the back it shows that Goldson has been massively out of form.

- desire from the off
- Huge credit to Dessers, match winner and if he keeps the shooting boots on til the cup final we will push all the way
- Cantwell brilliant, keeps that level of creativity and drive up he will add a good few numbers to his tally for G/A
- Overall delighted and we aim for at least a double now. Reset and treat it as a small season where every win matters

Just as a side note, Celtic consistently drop points in the split fixtures and have done since 17/18 season. This is not over yet.

I love this and I'm happy to take any stat for confidence but does this not overlook the fact that they had the title wrapped up early in most of these seasons and were playing the likes of Mikey Johnston for shits and giggles?

Hearts clearly came with a gameplan to target Goldson (to the surprise of nobody).

Long balls over the top, put Shankland right on top of Goldson and press him immediately with another runner when the ball gets near him.

First few times they had the ball? Long balls over the top which Balogun dealt with quickly with a ball forwards to Diomande or across to Souttar. Completely nullified their gameplan until stoppage time when we were 2-0 up.

Just on way home from game now. Much better performance all round although we will need to be better again to beat that lot in the final. Cantwell my mom by a mile although nice to see big Cyriel putting away 2 of his 5 chances. Defence was better although Sterling is no left back. He was great going forward though. Balogun was immense at the back. Diomande was very good at times but gave the ball away a lot as well. Lundstram was poor at times, he gets caught in possession too often and constantly passes to teammates who are marked. McCausland did well when he came on. Hoping Sima is okay as we missed him after he went off. Roll on the final. The treble is still on.

Thought after Sima went off we were a bit wasteful out wide and through Lundstram in midfield. Big Balogun had a good game and apart from the first 15 of the second half so did Souttar. Diomande inclusion was very noticeable in the middle of the park. Better service to Dessers would have produced more goals I think. Nice one Cyriel.

It’s a great result in the end but if we are being honest we don’t look any better than the teams we are playing in the SPFL at the minute. Hearts finishing was awful and our keepers saved us again or that’s a very uncomfortable last ten minutes.

Pluses were Butland - looked like being back to the Butland we’ve seen most of the season, Balogun - it’s either him and Goldson or him and Souttar, but it should be him and somebody, Diomande - good to see him back, he looked solid and Dessers back scoring again, hopefully he goes on another run to finish out the season. And of course Cantwell - one piece of magic that really won us the game in a good overall performance from him.

Sums up my feelings. Well done to the players. First half was a tough watch at times but, we got it done.

Also well done to The Bears in attendance today. I had a feeling it was going to be a bit flat but, everyone stuck with them.

Bring on the mutants.

Listening to the post match interview - Big Phil's went back to normality again.

THANK GOD! :D

Well done the Rangers!

All credit to big Cyril with a double when it mattered.

Cantwell was outstanding today. The difference between the sides

Big Leon was a rock. I dont care who his partner is but Balogun must stay in at centre back for the remainder of the season

Only downer was Sima's injury, which didnt look good

WATP!

Another flawless display from Butland.

Quiet most of the game but came up with a top save near the end.

Had as good a game as anyone.

- desire from the off

Any coincidence that he had Balogun alongside him? I’ve thought for a few games that Goldson’s form was beginning to affect Tav defensively, maybe he was taking more confidence from having someone next to him who was playing an excellent game.

Rangers MOTM - Balogun.

Hearts MOTM - the hobby wearing the xxs sized SFA tap. Awful refereeing that cost us a 1v1, same shite every week, they’re not scared enough of us.

Fine performances by Butland Tavernier Balogun Cantwell Diomande and Dessers.

Good performance all round against a hearts team who bottled it.

Now for the hard bit to get back on top in the next 5 Games.

Far far better
On it from minute 1

Diomande was exceptional
Balogun a colossus
Cantwell showing his class and fight in equal measure
Lundstram not top form but better
Raskin gave an interesting cameo, food for thought

Referee was a damned disgrace
Gave them everything he could

Well done the Rangers!

All credit to big Cyril with a double when it mattered.

Cantwell was outstanding today. The difference between the sides

Big Leon was a rock. I dont care who his partner is but Balogun must stay in at centre back for the remainder of the season

Only downer was Sima's injury, which didnt look good

WATP!

Agree on Cantwell. Motm easily for me. Brilliant work rate and drove us forward.

Just an overall better performance and Balogun was immense in defence.

Some very good performances from Sterling, Cantwell and Butland as well. Dessers did well on both of his goals.

Shame we lost Sima so early and I hope that's nothing serious, can be a big player. McCausland did well though.

- desire from the off

Given those numbers, interestingly, thats an AVG of 6 points per season over 5 seasons dropped after the split. It would suggest there could be room to win the league before the last game provided we win all of ours till then.

Up the road and pretty confident again that it's not over and we can still win this league. Would be unreal if we managed a treble with this team that'd be proper battle fever type stuff with a depleted and tired squad. Would easily be up there as the best one.

If Silva is a £35m footballer then there's hope for me yet at 40 years old.

Dessers, Butland, Balogun & Cantwell good. The rest average but enough for job to be done.

Goldson stays out please. Lundstram dropped next match too.
No plaudits for Diomande? I thought he made a real difference.

Back