Jordan Pickford

He’s much like every other gk these days in that he rarely catches a ball.

Probably doubled his value over the course of this tournament. He will be out of Everton by the end of January. Liverpool could do worse than look to him quite honestly.

He had good U21 tournament last year as well

Final year with Sunderland he saved the team from a right few good defeats when in goals

Wouldn't have been my pick as England n1, but has done himself proud and would imagine he will get a big move off his performances

Miles better than Joe Hart & he'll cost about 4m less a year in wages

Saw quite a bit of Burnley last season and I now the name isn't the most popular Nick Poe was the best keeper in the premier league, came in to cover for the team captain Tom Heaton, that never got a match after his injury and imo Nick deserved a chance, probably in the Panama match.
I liked Pickford's tackle though, that did take some bottle to do that, but his positioning at times, does need to be looked at.

Saw quite a bit of Burnley last season and I now the name isn't the most popular Nick Poe was the best keeper in the premier league, came in to cover for the team captain Tom Heaton, that never got a match after his injury and imo Nick deserved a chance, probably in the Panama match.
I liked Pickford's tackle though, that did take some bottle to do that, but his positioning at times, does need to be looked at.

Nick Pope also, by a mile, has the best WAG. Certainly in the pic I saw.
A genuine big stunner.

He was good at Sunderland, however I thought he was poor at Everton last season. I don’t think even he has been that great at the World Cup, overhyped by the English media as usual.

Reminds me of John Burrage

;)
0508_FA64-09_C2-4133-_AD3_C-64_E7_F48_A735_D.jpg

Undoubtedly a good keeper but nowhere near the standard of England greats - Banks, Stepney, Clemence, Shilton, Woods but he has got time on his side.

What do we all think of him?

I think he's had a good tournament so far and especially tonight has been top drawer.

Admittedly I haven't seen him much for Everton. Only 24 too.

Thoughts?
The English Ally Maxwell. Hyped up on a couple of every-day saves he made look ‘Hollywood’.
Very very average keeper, but the best England can muster!

Decent enough keeper.

Is he less gaff-prone than Joe Hart? Probably.

Is he a top class keeper? He's got a bit to go. He's young enough that he's still a good few years off his prime as a keeper. If he doesnt let the hype and pressure get to him and continues to develop then he could do very well.

But it's definitely "could" at this stage. Not "will".

He's decent. Only worth £30m in the marketplace that is English football.

Looks like he suffers Tourettes at times.

No dangers is he world class. Yet.

His value will have gone up with this world cup. Keepers generally sell for less than attacking players too.

There are rumours of a large bid for him coming from the continent. I'm struggling to think of a better keeper than him at this moment in history

Back