BT Sport & Virgin Tv agree new deal including 4k UHD

rangeral

From 30 July Virgin Media will be adding the BT Sport 4K UHD channel to its top TV bundles at no extra cost.

This comes as Virgin Media has reached a new multi-year agreement to continue bringing all of the sporting action from BT Sport to Virgin TV. This includes all 351 UEFA Champions League & UEFA Europa League games alongside 42 live Premier League matches, the FA Cup, European Rugby Champions Cup, Boxing, MotoGP and much more.

Now, for the first time on Virgin TV, many of these major sporting events will also be shown in stunning 4K Ultra High Definition – which is four times the detail of High Definition (HD).

BT Sport 4K UHD will be included in Virgin TV Full House and VIP bundles, while Virgin TV customers already taking BT Sport will get the channel automatically added at no extra cost. To enjoy this selection of sport in stunning quality, a Virgin TV V6 box and compatible 4K UHD television will be required.

New and existing Virgin TV customers taking Player or Mix bundles will be able to add all BT Sport channels, including 4K UHD, to their package for £18 per month.

The BT Sport pack features four core channels – BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, BT Sport 3 and BT Sport ESPN. The BT Sport 4K UHD channel will be available on channel 531. HD versions of all BT Sport channels will continue to be available alongside access to BT Sport on the move through the Virgin TV Go mobile app.

David Bouchier, Chief Digital Entertainment Officer said: “Virgin TV is all about offering the best sporting action in one place. We’re now taking the experience one step further. We’re bringing our customers even closer to the action by showing top sporting events in the very best 4K Ultra HD picture quality. It’s the next best thing to actually being in the stadium - so the grass is quite literally getting greener for Virgin TV customers.”

Tony Singh, Content and Business Development Director, Consumer at BT said: "We are delighted to be building on our successful partnership with Virgin Media, extending our carriage deal and adding great new features like UHD. BT Sport was the first broadcaster in Europe to launch a live UHD sport channel and we are thrilled that Virgin customers will now be able to enjoy our best coverage of our best events."

The Virgin TV V6 is half the size of the previous TiVo box with 10 times the power and supports 4K UHD and High Dynamic Range (HDR) programming. More than 1.6 million Virgin TV customers already have the V6 box with this number continuing to increase. All current broadband, TV and phone bundles for new Virgin Media customers come with a V6 box included.

[ENDS]

Notes to editors

BT Sport channels/ EPG numbers from 30 July 2018

• 527 - BT Sport 1 HD
  • 528 - BT Sport 2 HD
  • 529 - BT Sport 3 HD
  • 530- BT Sport ESPN HD
  • 531 - BT Sport UHD
  • 532 - BT Sport 1
  • 533 - BT Sport 2
  • 534 - BT Sport 3
  • 548 - BT Sport ESPN

From 30 July Virgin Media will be adding the BT Sport 4K UHD channel to its top TV bundles at no extra cost.

This comes as Virgin Media has reached a new multi-year agreement to continue bringing all of the sporting action from BT Sport to Virgin TV. This includes all 351 UEFA Champions League & UEFA Europa League games alongside 42 live Premier League matches, the FA Cup, European Rugby Champions Cup, Boxing, MotoGP and much more.

Now, for the first time on Virgin TV, many of these major sporting events will also be shown in stunning 4K Ultra High Definition – which is four times the detail of High Definition (HD).

BT Sport 4K UHD will be included in Virgin TV Full House and VIP bundles, while Virgin TV customers already taking BT Sport will get the channel automatically added at no extra cost. To enjoy this selection of sport in stunning quality, a Virgin TV V6 box and compatible 4K UHD television will be required.

New and existing Virgin TV customers taking Player or Mix bundles will be able to add all BT Sport channels, including 4K UHD, to their package for £18 per month.

The BT Sport pack features four core channels – BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, BT Sport 3 and BT Sport ESPN. The BT Sport 4K UHD channel will be available on channel 531. HD versions of all BT Sport channels will continue to be available alongside access to BT Sport on the move through the Virgin TV Go mobile app.

David Bouchier, Chief Digital Entertainment Officer said: “Virgin TV is all about offering the best sporting action in one place. We’re now taking the experience one step further. We’re bringing our customers even closer to the action by showing top sporting events in the very best 4K Ultra HD picture quality. It’s the next best thing to actually being in the stadium - so the grass is quite literally getting greener for Virgin TV customers.”

Tony Singh, Content and Business Development Director, Consumer at BT said: "We are delighted to be building on our successful partnership with Virgin Media, extending our carriage deal and adding great new features like UHD. BT Sport was the first broadcaster in Europe to launch a live UHD sport channel and we are thrilled that Virgin customers will now be able to enjoy our best coverage of our best events."

The Virgin TV V6 is half the size of the previous TiVo box with 10 times the power and supports 4K UHD and High Dynamic Range (HDR) programming. More than 1.6 million Virgin TV customers already have the V6 box with this number continuing to increase. All current broadband, TV and phone bundles for new Virgin Media customers come with a V6 box included.

[ENDS]

Notes to editors

BT Sport channels/ EPG numbers from 30 July 2018

• 527 - BT Sport 1 HD
  • 528 - BT Sport 2 HD
  • 529 - BT Sport 3 HD
  • 530- BT Sport ESPN HD
  • 531 - BT Sport UHD
  • 532 - BT Sport 1
  • 533 - BT Sport 2
  • 534 - BT Sport 3
  • 548 - BT Sport ESPN
Excellent news

Tomorrow's game is in 4K UHD if you are a BT TV customer

Motherwell away on August 26th is the same so if you are BT TV customer or Virgin Media customer with a V6 box plus compatible TV

Any deals on BT sport on sky?

Cancelled mine for the summer but will look to start it again at start of season

Another nail in the sky coffin?
Could see me cancelling sky sports after the open finishes next weekend . maybe less premier league on BT but far more football i'd rather watch on it than sky

Stupid question time!! I have a v6 box and a 4k TV due I have to upgrade my hdmi connection for UHD

Could see me cancelling sky sports after the open finishes next weekend . maybe less premier league on BT but far more football i'd rather watch on it than sky
Agreed. In general sky is massively fallen. Overloaded with adverts and have lost content left right and centre

My Street was cabled last year but I kept my Sky package as it was the easy, lazy thing to do.
I’m now gonna get off my arse and get onto Virgin to see what’s available as a new customer.
Sky Broadband has been pish for a while as well, so I look forward to getting the fibre optics and proper, undisrupted Broadband. Just need to change all those sky email addresses to a temporary Gmail address.

V6 box is excellent and the new bluetooth remote means you can fire it in a cupboard and it still works great.

My Street was cabled last year but I kept my Sky package as it was the easy, lazy thing to do.
I’m now gonna get off my arse and get onto Virgin to see what’s available as a new customer.
Sky Broadband has been pish for a while as well, so I look forward to getting the fibre optics and proper, undisrupted Broadband. Just need to change all those sky email addresses to a temporary Gmail address.

Sky do something called lifetime email. Even when you are no longer with them, you still keep your sky email addresses mate.

Does BT do 4K on Sky Q? Moved to a new build and all other streets around me have Virgin but the cables haven’t been installed yet and won’t be for a while

Does anyone’s BT box shutdown when they change the channel

Got a replacement box and it’s doing it again and is hotter than the sun when you pick it up

I actually at first though it was to do with the universal remote thing but after changing back to the by remote and then a new box it’s still does it

Only reason I have BT is because I moved house so made sense for a year but will now go back to virgin as I think it’s fibre right into The house

Stupid question time!! I have a v6 box and a 4k TV due I have to upgrade my hdmi connection for UHD

You would only need a better quality HDMI cable if you were using a long one. If it's just short from your box to the telly it should be fine.

W.A.T.P.

Think I'm under contract with sky and bt sport till October. Both going then, unless they give me it for free basically.

Unless your hdmi is ancient you will be fine.

You can test it now. If you can access bbc i player through your tv(not your v6 box) you can watch the world cup in uhd

Sky do something called lifetime email. Even when you are no longer with them, you still keep your sky email addresses mate.
Thanks wc06. That makes it even easier. I’ll be onto Virgin this week to see what they can do for me.
I can slowly change my emails at my leisure once I’ve got Virgin up and running.

I have the previous Tivo box. Wonder if they will want cash if I upgrade to the new box.
I also had TiVo Mrs phoned to say sky where offering a better deal they changed all TiVo boxes I had too the v6 and put the TiVo boxes in kids rooms so I have v6 in living room and my bedroom and the TiVo where fitted in kids room it cost me nothing and they reduced my monthly bill by £22 not bad to have a crab it wife

Got a 75mb fibre connection speed and 4k uhd tv and just not getting this 4k stuff at all,picture looks duller and not as colourful,looks totally different when you watch a 4k trailer on youtube compared to what you get watching it through the BBC.

From this post I went to my Virgin account to check and there was an upgrade offer which I perused and thought was allright. We could feature quite a lot on BT this season, so Im in.

Got a 75mb fibre connection speed and 4k uhd tv and just not getting this 4k stuff at all,picture looks duller and not as colourful,looks totally different when you watch a 4k trailer on youtube compared to what you get watching it through the BBC.

I tried the Iplayer offering and preferred the HD on Sky for similar reasons, just looked 'meh'.

Yeah mine was the same, I changed the picture setting to 'dynamic' and it made it look a lot better. Not quite 'go out and splash £500+ on a tv' quality, but it did look pretty good

Tomorrow's game is in 4K UHD if you are a BT TV customer

Motherwell away on August 26th is the same so if you are BT TV customer or Virgin Media customer with a V6 box plus compatible TV
Question do they have any other 4K UHD content other than the occasional game?

Question do they have any other 4K UHD content other than the occasional game?

I don't know. In terms all EPL games are 4k HD while FA Cup and some CL & EL games are covered plus I think other live sports that they cover

I don't know. In terms all EPL games are 4k HD while FA Cup and some CL & EL games are covered plus I think other live sports that they cover
Thanks was tempted to go back to Virgin, got sky q at the moment. Given me some food for thought thanks.

Back