Croatia vs England

You would be absolutely fucking raging with that. They will never ever have a better chance of winning it. Completely bottled it. Struggled against the only 2 decent teams they played against. Let's face it Scotland nearly beat them at hampden as well which says it all.
Scotland were outplayed for 92 of the 94 minutes though. We got a draw from 2 belting free kicks out of nothing, 1 of which wasn't even a foul, and even then couldn't hold on to a lead in the 94th minute.

I wish I could be absilutely fckin raging under the reverse circumstances rather than be sitting at home for the 10th tournament in succession watching other teams make the semi finals.

You’re either English or you’re not. They’re not representing Britain so that point is null and void.

Anyway it’s only a bit of fun, as mucb as someone clearly haven’t taken that well.

Generally I'm indifferent to England playing. Like to see them win but don't bother too much if they don't. I was right behind them before a ball was kicked in this world cup. British and indeed English national identity is under attack and the feel good factor which football brings was a good bit of opposition to all that sh*te.

Might be a bit of fun with you mate and if so i get it. It's more the bitter, bitter b*stards who hate England more than they like Scotland which get me.

3 players I think could have made a bit of a difference tonight. 2 of them unlucky with injuries this past season and that cost then their place in the team. Ox Chamberlain and Lallana, as well as Wilshere.

People are too bothered about laughing down their noses at England losing in extra time in the semi final rather than focus on the fact we weren't at the party. Yet again.

We're too small minded as a nation to progress.

Sturgeon’s Scotland to a tee.

There are two types of people in life - those who celebrate success and those who celebrate failure.

Scotland is full of the latter and that’s why we are where we are.

God, that was magnificent. It’s the hope they all had. The hope! :D

As suspected, Southgate’s pathetic, Murtyesque subs cost them dearly. It took him until extra time to bring Rose on despite them being tortured down that flank. And the Rashford sub was even weirder

England weren’t even that good throughout this tournament. Croatia were the first truly class side they came up against and they deserved the victory despite being knackered

What a brilliant way to live.

Bitter, angry Scotsman cliche coming to life here.
I'm in no way bitter or angry. I have made my opinion known on what i think of England. I want them to lose the way i want other Scottish teams to lose in Europe... How can i be a bitter, angry Scotsman?

36925719_1965125793545781_1207038852745658368_n.jpg

3 players I think could have made a bit of a difference tonight. 2 of them unlucky with injuries this past season and that cost then their place in the team. Ox Chamberlain and Lallana, as well as Wilshere.
Loftus cheek was their only midfielder who got on the ball and pressed the opposition back all tournament. He spent the majority of it getting splinters up his arse.

Said before the tournament if England got to the quarters they'll have done well. Fair play for getting that far, but christ that's the easiest draw they will get in a tournament ever again.

I'm in no way bitter or angry. I have made my opinion known on what i think of England. I want them to lose the way i want other Scottish teams to lose in Europe... How can i be a bitter, angry Scotsman?

36925719_1965125793545781_1207038852745658368_n.jpg

Why do you want them to lose? What benefit is there to you? That's the bitterness

I want Celtic to lose in Europe. Them doing well adversely affects Rangers. That's not bitter that's logical.

England lost this second half when they didn't come out and go for it they sat back and let Croatia come at them and they did.
Good game to watch but both teams seemed to lack real composure in front of goal.

The Croats couldn't believe their luck that England were sitting in after half-time with only a 1-0 lead. England committed football suicide tonight.

Walker didn’t go for a diving header. He merely put his head down. Perisic’s foot was clearly dangerously high and the goal should not have stood in a million years. It was a clear foul.

Was clearly dangerous. Could have burst the net.

What happened to subbing Trippier who was toiling well before 90 mins and well before subbing Walker. It looks like Gareth had a plan and didn't want to deter from that no matter.

Kane was Englands Xfactor he was the difference and he didn't turn up, thats what cost them ultimately.

Abominable defending, totally switched off. That's mental fatigue I reckon, because England generally can't retain the ball and over 3 weeks it'll catch up with you against better teams.
Trippier caused it imo. If he didn’t push the croat, there was no way the ball was going there.

There are two types of people in life - those who celebrate success and those who celebrate failure.

My take on it too mate, we are a sad wee nation nowadays thanks to the SNP and its deluded followers.

WHIT?
So are we failures for celebrating when the Dhims get beat?

We have always laughed at England losing be it Tory,Labour or SNP governments.
You get anti national staunch bonus points though.

Get a grip lol.

Played for 1 - 0 the whole of the second half instead of trying for the second that would have killed the game, and the failure to change to try and stop the Croatian full backs especially the right back was indefensible
Harry kane is imo the best no 9 in the world why was he playing so deep?

Why do you want them to lose? What benefit is there to you? That's the bitterness

I want Celtic to lose in Europe. Them doing well adversely affects Rangers. That's not bitter that's logical.

There has always been a rivalry between Scotland and England at anything.. The rivalry is different from the one we have with the scum and the rest of Scottish football.. But the outcome is the same. We want them to lose.. It is not Anti-English, or being bitter. It is a way of life. I do have many English relations and friends that i am gloating to on social media and text the now but most are very quiet. It is the same vice versa, so as you would imagine i get a lot of stick bar when the football team gets beat as they all know of my dislike towards them at the moment.

England’s World Cup:

Beat Tunisia 2-1
Pumped a pub team - still conceded
Lost a friendly to Belgium

Went through on penalties against a Columbia side missing their best player
Beat a poor Sweden side
Created very very little against Croatia

The commentator said he looks forward to seeing what England do going forward.

I’m sorry, all the “it’s coming home stuff” has been fun, but masks that the team are pretty poor overall.

Very accurate summary.
After honest scrutiny they have failed to deliver when it really matters.

Scotland were outplayed for 92 of the 94 minutes though. We got a draw from 2 belting free kicks out of nothing, 1 of which wasn't even a foul, and even then couldn't hold on to a lead in the 94th minute.

I wish I could be absilutely fckin raging under the reverse circumstances rather than be sitting at home for the 10th tournament in succession watching other teams make the semi finals.

Still nearly beat them though. Honestly if that was Rangers in a semi against a team you know they are capable of beating I would be genuinely raging. They will never have a better chance.

Tell us this, what team of genuine quality have England beaten, thay were expected to beat a mediocre Tunisia, a very poor Panama and got through on penalties against a weakened and uninspiring Colombia and then beat a Sweden side starved of genuine quality. When they came up against a team of real quality they were found wanting. they got to the semi-final with a very easy route, fair enough that they got there but let's not go overboard about them, they couldn't hack it when the real games came on.
The world cup is a contest where the best 32 football nations in the world qualified to take part. England reached the semi final. The last 4 out of 32 teams. You can try to do down their achievement with tribal, ill informed snipes at nations they played to get there. But such comments are only made by angry, jealous, bitter Scots incapable of recognising the hard work and skill of our brilliant neighbours. England earned respect and admiration in this world cup. Not from people of your mindset, but that's because you are all anti English, rather than giving any kind of fair assessment of England's performance.

Loftus cheek was their only midfielder who got on the ball and pressed the opposition back all tournament. He spent the majority of it getting splinters up his arse.

Ive been calling for the past 3 games for him to come on for Alli at the hour mark, but Southgate for some reason decided otherwise.

Of course it is. But where's the enjoyment when we haven't qualified for twenty years. It's a bit f'n sad.
I've enjoyed the whole tournament. That's got fuck all to do with Scotland. In fact under a certain age of Rangers fans you'd be hard pushed to find many who give a damn about Scotland.

So forgive them if they enjoy this World Cup and tonight's game despite of Scottish football's deficiencies.

Still nearly beat them though. Honestly if that was Rangers in a semi against a team you know they are capable of beating I would be genuinely raging. They will never have a better chance.
You've completely missed my point. You're telling England fans to be raging and going 'Aye but we nearly beat them' when we should be going 'Why didn't we beat them and why the fck haven't we qualified for a tournament again.' Given how pish most of the teams were Scotland will never have a better chance to progress from the groups at a WC. Pity we've been sitting on our couches for 20 years watching other fans enjoying themselves.

Im jealous of England and Croatia fans, I'd give my left nut to be in with a chance of making a WC final.

Should of started with Rashford and used Sterling as an impact sub with 20 mins to go.

But hindsight is a wonderful thing, and if my mum had a cock she'd be my
Dad.

Someone said Scotland could have beat them

If Sterling continues to improve and Wiltshire and the Ox stay fit they will be a stronger side going forward.
With material like that, you should have your own HBO Special!

They must have some manager then with all those average players to get to the semi then.......
Tunisia? Panama? Columbia(No Rodriguez)?, Sweden?!
Don’t make me laugh!

Should of started with Rashford and used Sterling as an impact sub with 20 mins to go.

But hindsight is a wonderful thing, and if my mum had a cock she'd be my
Dad.
It's not hindsight. Sterling hasn't played well since March. Surely after 5 poor WC games with a place in the final at stake you try something else?

Wanted England to win but as always it only took 5 minutes to brush it off.
Now Rangers losing a big match ?...…...feck off and leave me alone for a week.

Think for England to really progress they need the likes of Ox (who was unlucky with injury), Loftus-Cheek, Harry Winks, Lewis Baker, plus the present guys like Lingard, Alli and Sterling to keep playing and establish themselves or stay established in their respective teams. I'm not sure the pathway at big clubs and the pressure to win and to sign the next big name allow this though.
Did you mean Lewis Cook? If so I think he is a couple of years away from England class yet ( if he continues progressing) he still has a few mistakes to get out of his game. I think they should have taken Wilshere, having seen him up close, he can create but, more importantly, he is very hard to dispossess without fouling. But it's all opinions.

I've enjoyed the whole tournament. That's got fuck all to do with Scotland. In fact under a certain age of Rangers fans you'd be hard pushed to find many who give a damn about Scotland.

So forgive them if they enjoy this World Cup and tonight's game despite of Scottish football's deficiencies.

I haven't said anything to the contrary - it's been a great tournament and tonight's game was tense and enjoyable.

At the same time, it's unavoidable to watch and not be disappointed that Scotland haven't qualified. After all, it's football not political. So why aren't our team there?

I'm generally indifferent to England. I just find it hard to understand the pleasure in seeing them defeated when we're so dire.

During the first half Hoddle commented that Croatia were “scared” . These guys play for Barcelona, Real Madrid, Spurs, Dynamo Kiev to name but a few what were they scared of?

The world cup is a contest where the best 32 football nations in the world qualified to take part. England reached the semi final. The last 4 out of 32 teams. You can try to do down their achievement with tribal, ill informed snipes at nations they played to get there. But such comments are only made by angry, jealous, bitter Scots incapable of recognising the hard work and skill of our brilliant neighbours. England earned respect and admiration in this world cup. Not from people of your mindset, but that's because you are all anti English, rather than giving any kind of fair assessment of England's performance.
One word ... haaaaaaaaaa.
What a fud.
You criticise a whole country on a football game?
You need yer whole sir...seriously.

My take on it too mate, we are a sad wee nation nowadays thanks to the SNP and its deluded followers.

I honestly think the internet has ruined football.

20 years ago no one would have batted an eyelid at Scottish football fans having a laugh at the expense of their neighbours, yet as we can see from threads like this it has to become bizarrely politicised these days. I seriously doubt anyone here, on a Rangers forum, wants England to lose because of the SNP or Nicola Sturgeon or any other nonsense reason.

Its a game of football ffs.

It's not hindsight. Sterling hasn't played well since March. Surely after 5 poor WC games with a place in the final at stake you try something else?

Unfortunately Sterling pulls defenders and ties them in knots,which is great team play.
But in front of goal he's like bambi on ice and ties himself in knots.

He's a 6 and 2 3's kind of player.,

Back