Match Thread FK Shkupi v Rangers - 16:55 Tuesday 17th - Premier Sports/RangersTV.tv

I hope Sadiq and possibly Davis and Solanke in later in the window will transform us going forward.
Coulibaly providing a bit more quality as well all being good.

I think you're right mate, Davis is an absolute no brainer for me after seeing us this season so far. We need to move away from what went on before and look at the current needs of the team and the club. IF there is any chance of getting him, we must absolutely grab the opportunity.

over the two legs there are far more negatives than positives
Expecting last seasons team to 'step up' is a delusion
too many of this squad are simply not good enough and never will be.
The "get it into your heads" line seems to have bounced off too many players.
Unless there is a significant increase in quality players its going to be a long season

Better hope the team next week are of a similar level to this mob or we probably won't go any further. Our attack is garbage, absolutely honking.

Job done.

That’s all there is to say about that.

I said before the game I’d accept anything that read Shkupi 0. Maybe it was hasty but I’ll stand by it

Full time. Not much of a game but the clean sheet is encouraging but that forward line needs some work. The poor final ball and decision making was constant.

Solid defensively and better game management from the players. Kept a clean sheet so job done.
Pity we didn't score from one of our many chances.
Need to be more sharper in front of goal and do a lot of practising at heading in coming weeks.
Next round will be a stiffer test so will have to start converting them.
Especially when chances will become fewer when up against better teams.

Hard to have any confidence in us reaching the group stage to be honest. All feels very much like we finished last season so far.

Still too many subpar players at the club imho. Not going to get to the next level as long as we are carrying this amount of dead weight.

Gerrard has bought a complete defence, now needs to sort out the attack. That was dreadful. Morelos playing like a donkey and we can't replace him. Hope the big man gets himself fit for the next two ties and Morelos gets benched.

Thankyou Alan McGregor for that, great performance.

Clean sheet and we're through. I'm happy at that.

As for some, well that's for another thread.

It’s a new team and a new manager, got to be pleased we are into the next round.
We will get better, that tonight was very poor, onward and upward
Still too many of last years duffers starting. Hopefully we can get replacements for Windass Tavernier, Jack and Candeias asap! They are all fine as subs, but not to start every week as first picks.

Solid but uninspiring performance.

No creativity in then midfield and the front three look as though they just met on the day. I can only see Jack maybe being a regular out of the starting mid. Right now Morelos isn’t good enough for where we want to be.

McGregor saved us some much needed coefficient points which could be vital in securing a more favourable draw in future rounds. We are definitely more solid at the back now too as well as in goals. So it's not all bad.

We are chronic going forward though. No creativity, pace, movement and horrendous finishing. We need at least 3 attacking players (between strikers, wingers and attacking midfielders) if we're going to do anything this season.

Not the best of games, Windass Morelos and Murphy for me looked awful.

Liked the look of their wee number 9 though.

Tbh, we were very comfortable in that game. Didn't need to get out of second gear to see it out. Boring, yes, but job done easily enough and really should have won by a few. Defence is solid.

Job done but far from impressed just hopefully it will come together over time but I was shocked at our lack of technical ability and basic passing.

Tav will cost us defensively.

Got the job done. Generally speaking I thought we pressed and defended quite well but we are lacking quality going forward.

Morelos is now not contributing anything, I seriously hope we step our interest in bringing a striker in. Sadiq should get a start the next game

I'm happy with that.

+Defensively solid
+Ejaria and Flannigan showing their worth
+Another game for Middleton
+Alan McGregor showing the difference in quality goalkeeping-wise
+ Jack growing as the game went on

- Worst game I've seen Morelos play
- Windass only got fired up when he got elbowed in the face
- Quite dull

Got the result. That's good for now.

Back