Match Thread FK Shkupi v Rangers - 16:55 Tuesday 17th - Premier Sports/RangersTV.tv

The best you can say about that was that it does the job. The poor standard of even the basics in passing and shooting today leave a lot to be desired. Hopefully we'll have at least one addition before the next round (on top of Sadiq and Coulibaly)

The lack of creativity is worrying and as stated by about three million posters we need strikers to challenge Morelos.

However in what was a tricky match, we looked solid defensively but needing some sparks brought to the midfield.

Another game next week and the two lads can be included which is a godsend.

Job done but we need to improve massively from that level of technical performance going forward. I'd love to think that will come with more games together, but sadly it looks more and more like certain players are simply not good enough.

• Is there a subway in Skopje? I'm only asking as the Plymouth True Blues banner disappeared before the final whistle. :p Seriously, huge respect to all the Bears over there, Follow, Following in numbers as always. And another round to look forward to too. Safe journey home guys, WATP.

I didn't get to see the game I just kept up to date on the match thread,Skipping through it very few players escaped criticism so I am just glad we got through.

I think you're right mate, Davis is an absolute no brainer for me after seeing us this season so far. We need to move away from what went on before and look at the current needs of the team and the club. IF there is any chance of getting him, we must absolutely grab the opportunity.
I agree, we need an injection of known quality, this project stuff rarely works.

The majority of last season's players will never be good enough.

McGregor, Goldson, Flanagan, Tavernier and Katić strolled through that.

The rest, muck.

We missed at least nine very good scoring opportunities over both legs. If we'd scored a third of them we'd be raving about the result.
The goals will come . . . I'm confident of that.

over the two legs there are far more negatives than positives
Expecting last seasons team to 'step up' is a delusion
too many of this squad are simply not good enough and never will be.
The "get it into your heads" line seems to have bounced off too many players.
Unless there is a significant increase in quality players its going to be a long season

Most definitely.

Next round and were in it seems folk wanted a 20 nil victory so they could toss over Stevie G more and more. Give the guy a chance to build a team don't throw hissy fits after 2 games.

The job was to get through and we did that. And it's only our second competitive game, which must be taken into account to at least some extent.
Well done, Rangers.

Just like last week when people seemed to have forgotten what a defensive fullback looks like (Flannegan), tonight people seem to have forgotten what professionally managing a tie looks like.

That was never in doubt and th manager and players were spot on. The team isn’t firing on all cylinders yet and there was no need to go hunting anything and expose ourselves.

Well done

over the two legs there are far more negatives than positives
Expecting last seasons team to 'step up' is a delusion
too many of this squad are simply not good enough and never will be.
The "get it into your heads" line seems to have bounced off too many players.
Unless there is a significant increase in quality players its going to be a long season
Agree, a whole host of players from last season who featured tonight, even this early just don’t look like they can turn it around under Gerrard and unless he has a few quality signings up his sleeve this as you say has the makings of a long season.

Not sure we're any better than last season , morelos is dross , i was hoping we'd see a different player this season.
That was one boring game.

I'm happy with that.

+Defensively solid
+Ejaria and Flannigan showing their worth
+Another game for Middleton
+Alan McGregor showing the difference in quality goalkeeping-wise
+ Jack growing as the game went on

- Worst game I've seen Morelos play
- Windass only got fired up when he got elbowed in the face
- Quite dull

Got the result. That's good for now.
Ejaria will be an asset.

Good defensive performance. Keeper MOTM by a mile.

Worst games for Murphy, Windass and Morelos. Worryingly bad for Murphy as he couldnt even control a pass. Morelos needs to get his finger out or he will be out the team.

Last week trying to be the cool head 1st game of the season etc, etc, now in their camp.
McCrorie has a helluva lot to do to convince me he is a midfielder, Jack brings nothing to the Party and Morelos and Windass the sands of time are sadly slipping away.
The two subs brought a ray of hope for the season to come look pretty decent but now slightly worried.

Job done, but by god do we need a striker.

First half we had 4 or 5 near things, so not a complete disaster, but we need someone who can put the ball in the net.

Positives are that shagger had a few good saves and Ejaria looked good when he came on. Goldson was solid enough at the back.

Much like Thursday, we should have been several goals up at half time, and it's not the first time I've said that.

Did you not read the thing, ipads are not supported it comes up with a wee message saying we detect you are using an ipad we wil, happily take your money but you wont be able to view :mad::D
Haha, I didn't I'm afraid, it worked perfectly fine though

Into the next round, so job done, that's the best you can say about that performance.

The thing I'm most impressed with is Rangers TV, first game I've watched since joining the other day, well worth it,great quality picture.

Got the job done. Generally speaking I thought we pressed and defended quite well but we are lacking quality going forward.

Morelos is now not contributing anything, I seriously hope we step our interest in bringing a striker in. Sadiq should get a start the next game
I thought we did what we had to do well, don’t know what folk want at times.

We're through!

I think a lot of the moaning has accumulated after 6 years of turgid shite. Folk are getting fed up with it.

That said, Gerrard's signings have been good thus far. He's even brought in Middleton. Looks promising going ahead.

The good news is we have a few players in who haven’t played yet and hopefully a few others to be signed that adds quality to the team, because it needs it. It’s very early days , but if this is the players trying to impress the new boss, so far they haven’t done a very good job.

Job done but far from impressed just hopefully it will come together over time but I was shocked at our lack of technical ability and basic passing.

Tav will cost us defensively.

Forget what you see with your own eyes, have you seen the stats? Go and look at the numbers written down.

Do they tell the story of how many times players have gotten in behind him and fluffed their chance? No, but still, stare at the numbers you’ll see that it’s all hunky dory.

Positives, through to the next round and a clean sheet.

If we start the league like this we will be at least 3 points behind the mentally challengeds after we play them. Absolutely f()ck all going forward

Back