Match Thread Rangers v NK Osijek - Thursday 19:45 - Premier Sports/RangersTV.tv

I remember when the qualifying rounds were routine 3-0 home and away wins!

That was scary, shows what can happen if you don't tske your chances.

Poor subs made that more fraught than it should have been I'm afraid. 100% improvement from last year, onwards.

Tough game, glad we got through it.

Good performance but we need to start putting away more of those chances.

Now time to watch the Sheep play another half an hour before going out.

“Watching” this on your phone is bloody murder. Well done Rangers. Not one team we’ve had in the last 6 years would’ve made it through 2 Euro qualifiers. One to go!

That ref was a warmer.

Job done but we need more threat going forward imo and hopefully we get that.

Felt sick at the end there.

The goal is really the only criticism in terms of not seeing games out though. Full backs perhaps a bit too compact at times and Kent needs to learn how to draw a man in but not just run into him. But I actually thought we played very well tonight. Promising signs for the season on the whole. Things to learn but the most excited I’ve been about a Rangers 11 in a long long time!

Well done the Famous!

Should have been put out of their reach much earlier but we're through. Reckon the team will get stronger with each game. Onwards and upwards :)

That was an experience that will take a day or two to recover from, then we do it all again. Brilliant just the way it should be. Lets effin Go.

You guys have a lot of new followers from Liverpool lately, including me, following the rise of our hero Stevie G. Boss support from you mad bastards tonight and i have to say a brilliant 2nd half , really promising for the coming season but don't forget to send him back when old kloppo hangs up his magic wand..

welcome aboard mate, big Liverpool fan myself, hope both our teams win the titles this season

Thank %^*& man. Way too nervy at the end there but we're through, bring on Maribor.

Lots of positives obviously and lots to address. But that's a very decent side we've just put out of Europe.

Aged thirty years in those last five minutes! Rangers i love you but don't do that to my heart.

Best we've played all summer possibly and would've been a much more relaxing end if we'd buried those second-half chances, particularly Kents. Seems the players got a bit too cavalier when we had the advantage and didn't capitalise when possible.

Onto the next round teddy bears!

Loved Gerard’s reaction at the end. Loved Jack’s lack of reaction. Loved Katic’s Defence of his team mate.

I though Katic was absolutely outstanding tonight.

Another hurdle crossed in a decent side beaten. Maribor will be tough but I think we have a decent chance.

We deserved to win tonight. Good 2nd half performance that merited a 2nd goal. The main thing is we progress of course though.

Well, I enjoyed the first 88 minutes of that...

Some brilliant performances, we are so much better than the last 2 years, we just still have no luck in front of goal.

I also want to apologise for thinking McGregor was a step back...he'll be worth points this year.

Definitely still needing quality in the final third, we were the better team there and should have been comfortable but didn't create enough clear cut chances or take the ones we did get.

Some really good performances and some mixed ones from the young loan players.

So about those wasted chances early in the 2nd half.

Didn't cost us thanks to a solid defensive performance for much of the game but that Osijek goal certainly made injury time a difficult watch.

That is a great result st this stage of the season against a very decent team.
Defending really well and I think we will only get much better.

Relieved, that's all, relief. We really need to take our chances if we're going to move forward in this competition.

Great result and performance - no passenger out there tonight.

Impressed that Kent can take decent corners with either foot. Defence formidable again, their equaliser could have gone anywhere.

disappointed with the late goal but we where always in control of the game so happy, all we need is the sheep shaggers out and im happy :)

What a difference Gerrard has made and only 4 competitive games played. The Croats were a very good side but we deserved to go through.

No failures for us tonight.

Some positives in our play tonight. Thought Morelos was outstanding and has become very unselfish in his build-up play. Brilliant work rate from Candeias too.

Would like to see us cut out some of the flicks in the middle of the park - it doesn't work a lot of the time (unfortunately) and allows teams to counter.

Overall chuffed to get through the tie. Undoubtedly a huge difference in the player's mentality since SG has come in. WATP

Back