Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 13:00 Sunday 5th - Sky Sports

Absolute joke of a decision has cost us big time. Hopefully Gerrard calls the officials out on the decision in his post match interview. I thought the team was excellent after going down to 10 men and were unlucky not to get the victory.

We needed to take one of our chances on the bteak in the 2nd half.

Other than that we showed we are superior to Aberdeen......by the way, how shit are their fans? Did no one tell them the league was starting today? Hope that new stadium has a 10k capacity or it'll be a waste of seats.

2 points robbed already.

A straight red card that was actually a yellow at the very most if anything, Ryan Jack off injured and it doesn’t warrant a booking, Devlin going head to head with Arfield and grabbing his shirt and doesn’t get booked, 6 mins of injury time FFS. These officials are an embarrassment to the league.

Woeful excuses. We had the lead with minutes left. The whole second half our passing was rotten and kept giving Aberdeen the ball back which just invited the pressure on. A decent midfield would have kept possession better.
Behave yourself m8 have you ever played football. We had a hard game on Thursday played 80 mins with ten men of course the players are going to be knackered and sloppy passes will happen. Also just trying to clear the ball

will we saying anything publicly...i fucking doubt it..it will be done behind the scenes. we need to get this in the open its a clear agenda from the top ...stop Rangers winning anything

Gutted. Feels like a defeat after that late goal. Nothing to fear from that horrible mob! 10 men for 3/4 of the game and they muster up 1 shot and score!!

Gerrard will rightly be proud of his players. They gave him everything in that game. Factors outwith his control cost us 2 points.
His starting 11 were outstanding. He made the wrong subs and it cost us as we were on easy street even with the officials against us. Lets hope Stevie learns fast very fast.

As soon as Ejaria came on i knew we were in trouble. Why he got the nod ahead of McCrorie is baffling when it was backs to the wall.
Thought the same myself.
That was a sore one.
Gutted, but I tell you what... we have the makings of a good team right there. A lot more positives than negatives today.

Grow a set man ! If the rules were applied properly, he'd have had to send off two Sheepshaggers. Jack off for concussion also and no card for a player jumping right through him ???

Again, we are compromised, it's there for all to see the opponent should be down men too and it never comes. That prick on Arfield, McKay-GhayBhoy..persistent tackling and launching a ball at an opponent, the big sheep striker acting the thug for 90 minutes ?

Again, where's yer baws sw26 ?!

The refereeing is the refereeing mate, as I’ve commented in other threads it’s a disgrace and needs to change but we were 90 seconds away from a fantastic 3 points and some very poor defending threw it away. Those type of slip ups matter at the business end and right now I’m incredibly frustrated.

My baws are where they usually reside thanks.

Let’s not kid ourselves, no-one at our club is going to say a word about the officials today or any other day

Much to be impressed with. I still think we need to get rid of some dross Gerrard inherited before we can really progress much more. I was a bit concerned how many headers Aberdeen won in our box. Still, we are a couple of decent signings from being a good team.

What a fuckin shame but equally what a statement to Scottish football.

A statement that cost us points. That was more like a statement to Rangers today: This is the way the officiating is going to go when required.

Remember even after all the cheating we seen last season they still took it to another level to give a serious of big decisions against us in the final two games when trying to get over the line for European qualifying. Make no mistake they will damage us massively in terms of points this season. We are not good enough to carry that handicap.

Great performance from the Rangers. Poor refereeing decisions and a bunch of hammer throwers. Aberdeen and their fans celebrating a draw with a team that played for 80 minutes with ten men. They’re an irrelevance.

Masterclass from Ryan Jack. Don't know why he put on Ejaria rather than McCrorie. I'd have taken JW earlier. What a shift the boy put in
Our inability to take chances will cost us dear. I hope SG doesn't miss Morelos.

Good to see Tav standing by Morelos there.

At least the management and players will see what we are up against.

Feels like a defeat.

To have to play with 10 for almost 90 minutes, to defend so well, to work so hard for so long only to lose a goal at the end.

I'm gutted.

These 19th Century Terrorist bastard referees are a fecking disgrace.

McGregor. Flanagan. Katic. Goldson. Jack. Coulibally.

Thought these lads were excellent.

Really pleased with the performance, gutted with the result and disgusted (again) by the officials.

Officials making awful and ultimately game changing decisions is happening far too often for it to be accidental.

Until we start applying serious pressure and making sure that the officials know that every single decision they make against us will be scrutinised, they will continue to do it. We just cannot let this continue.

Don't forget - this league needs us for TV and sponsorship money far more than we need them. The time to keep rolling over and saying 'these things even themselves out' is over, I hope.

Agreed. Thought Kent offered absolutely nothing and Ejaria trying to flick it over peoples heads in the centre circle wasn’t what we needed at that point

That is a tough one to take, to go the whole game pretty much with 10 men, a cheating ref who then gives waaay more injury time than should have been, to lose a goal after the game should have been done is complete bullshit.

Don't get me wrong, when Morelos went off i would maybe have taken a draw, but we deserved the 3 points.

Completely agree.
Jack had kept the ball all day and was replaced with a guy who loses possession constantly .

Magnificent battling performance from the whole team. To restrict the sheep to one shot on target in the 93rd minute with 10 is remarkable. This is a learning process for Stevie and the team which he will learn form with regards to his extra time substitutions.

Ejaria was the wrong sub but I think (not 100%) he was already stripped and ready to come on for someone else. Possibly an error on the gaffers part.

The commentators were saying Ejaria was coming on just before Ryan Jack got injured.

I assume it wasn't Jack who was originally going off, maybe it was Windass?

That honestly feels as bad as a loss given the context of how dominant we were. However, far more positives than negatives. Still gutted though.

Over to you Steven. Get it called out straight away.

First game and first time we’ve been absolutely done out of three points.

Morelos red card

Coulibaly elbowed

Jack wiped out the game

Arfield booked for getting grabbed by one of their clowns

Absolutely scunnered with that today. Bossed those mutton molesters as well. Spawny cunts.

%^*& Clancy the useless c u n t

So many positives from that performance - gutting yes - but Stevie G needs to use the ‘everyone is against us and siege mentality now’ - Cheated but not defeated and I for one am proud and know we are by far a better Team and will push the filth all the way this yr.

I hope we recover well for Thursday. That was a monumental effort we put in. Haven’t seen anything like that in years from Rangers.

Hugely frustrating, but a terrific performance in difficult circumstances, Aberdeen never laid a glove on us and got a lucky break at the end. Jack, Arfield and Coulibaly must be horrible to play against in the middle of the park.

Looking on the bright side if we’d gone done to 10 men after 11 mins in the last couple of seasons we’d have collapsed, the team defended well and showed real fight, positive signs for the season ahead.

Showed great determination playing unfairly against 11 men with 10 .Team all fought for each other .If anyone had asked Me after Morelos got sent off if we could have got a draw .I would have taken it ..

We done very well today and had officials not playing with an even set of dice .

It's also worth noting that throughout the game the goal was their only real chance however a better finish from Murphy and a bit of composure from Windass and we are potentially going into the last 10 minutes 3-0 up.

We badly missed Candeias today. He should be the first choice for the right wing, and let Kent/Middleton/Murphy fight over the left.

Over to you Steven. Get it called out straight away.

First game and first time we’ve been absolutely done out of three points.

Morelos red card

Coulibaly elbowed

Jack wiped out the game

Arfield booked for getting grabbed by one of their clowns

Absolutely scunnered with that today. Bossed those mutton molesters as well. Spawny cunts.

%^*& Clancy the useless c u n t
Katic was also elbowed and had to go off for treatment yet all the officials managed to miss it.

I’m sorry but 20 Year Old Liverpool youth loanees just aren’t going to do the job for us.

Erajria loses the ball constantly. He should never of been ahead of Ross McCrorie today and sure enough Ejaria losing the ball in midfield led to the goal.

Kent i could understand as Murphy was getting tired and we needed an out ball although it didnt work.

Undoubtedly deserved the win and robbed by the officials. However there are still learning points for us in terms of game management and choice of subs. We should have seen that out. Two points dropped.

Woeful excuses. We had the lead with minutes left. The whole second half our passing was rotten and kept giving Aberdeen the ball back which just invited the pressure on. A decent midfield would have kept possession better.

Excuses? We played nearly a full game with 10 men and were cheated out of beaten the side that finished above us last season. The team did well given the circumstances.

Same old players letting us down though at the end

E
Wise up ffs
Exactly! Can't believe folk are throwing it away already after a league opener at Pittodrie where we came away with a 1-1 draw. Yes we deserved to win it but that is a league opener that avoiding a defeat is a result, not a great one but not the disaster everyone thinks. We will not drop points we did last season and it will come down to the Tim games.

I hope to God the manager calls it as we all saw it in his interview.

That's us chasing already, and entirely down to officials not applying the rules.

Going forward though, we do need to be more clinical as we had chances to kill that game.

I actually agree
Ejaria was a really weird one, coming on for Jack who was obviously injured, but Ejaria doesn’t strike me as the type of boy you’d bring on for a battle at Aberdeen when you’re a man down.

Behave yourself m8 have you ever played football. We had a hard game on Thursday played 80 mins with ten men of course the players are going to be knackered and sloppy passes will happen. Also just trying to clear the ball

We're 5 competitive games into a new season. If players are already knackered we are in big trouble. People can dress it up anyway they like, when your literally 3 mins from FT we should be seeing the game out with smart possession.

If Jack doesn’t get smashed,we hold out for 3 points.The Club need to speak out and quick cos it,s only going to get worse

A totally underserved goal from a bunch of dirty, cheating sheepshaggers. How Morelos was deemed to have had violent conduct yet Stevie May tryng to break Ryan Jack’s neck is deemed unworthy of a booking,,,, only in Scottish Football.

Nice to see it’s business as usual for Scottish referees

That was a brilliant performance. Anyone who criticises the team or the manager after that is talking out their arse. 10 men against 12 for 80 minutes is fucking brilliant. M

Bring on the Tims. We’ll smash them.

Exactly , well said , some of the criticisms of the manager are shocking

Sharper passing up front we would have won that.

I can’t be too critical of the players they had it under control despite being a man down, we go to sleep for one cross ball, Tav fails to attack it and they get a spawny goal.

Morelos sending off ruined that game and the ref not been consistent with his decision sees us yet again suffering due to dodgy officials.

We should not have dropped points , totally pissed off now.

Replacing Ejaria with McCrorie was the wrong decision. Ejaria has bags of talent, but loses the ball to often in the centre of the park.

If it wasn’t for the red card we’d have hammered them today. Great performance with 10 men but they where always likely to get a chance at some point.

Felt we made a mistake bringing on Ejaria when Jack went off.

Back 4 were excellent, especially Goldson and Flanagan. Jack excellent too. Coulibaly and Arfield both good. Murphy pretty underwhelming. Windass brutal - lightweight and lazy. Ejaria constantly gave the call away in the 15 minutes he was on - a recurring theme so far.

All in all, we look like an altogether different proposition from last season. Gutting to drop the points so late - but you don’t lose league titles because you only pick up a point in a game like that. Plenty of positives to take from that game today.

Usual corrupt officiating. It is just not right but I don’t know what we do about it other than highlight it.

Absolutely gutted for the team today
They didn't deserve this :(
Wish Morelos hadn't given the ref the excuse to red card him

Back