Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 13:00 Sunday 5th - Sky Sports

Never a sending off ... not even a booking. If anybody else does that it wouldn't even be noticed. So cheated right from the off this season. Now at least Stevie G and all the staff see it too ...

Now is not the time to point fingers at our players as we were brilliant for the majority of that match.

Hard to argue that the management made he wrong decisions.

And most called out the likely more suiting subs required before the changes were made.

It’s not the end of the world, a lesson learned perhaps.

Maybe the manager thought Ejaria was a good out and could take the sting out the closing stages.
It's just so easy to criticise in hindsight.

I'm happy with our performance today , we were immense , we were playing against 14 men and were far
the better team

I'm totally fired up for the rest of the season

Some really disappointing comments on the thread about the manager already , ffs if you can't see the positives from todays game outweigh the negatives , you would be better saying nothing

The criticism of Windass is pathetic. He absolutely ran himself into the ground for the team today. To a man the team deserve huge credit for their performance. Every single player will make errors here and there during 90 minutes but the application, fitness and commitment or every player was incredible. If that’s what we get every week we will be right in the thick of it. Some of our fans should be ashamed of the criticism being dished out, its absolute nonsense.

Deserved point my f ucking arse ya bearded prick

One shot on target over 96 minutes, 80 of which were against 10 men? He doesn’t believe that he is only talking for the cameras , no fucker with half a brain believes that which of course rules out the mentally challenged lurkers.

They got one lucky shot at goal from a second or was it third ball and it's went in, deep in injury time after playing for 80 minutes with 10 men.

We've still got a thread slaughtering Windass, questions about the substitutions, Tav getting questioned defensively and a thread on Goldson body position at the goal.

We were unlucky. We were cheated. It's that simple.

I think there's an argument that alfie didn't swing a kick at all
Given the difference the barge made to his balance as he was jogging along - the position of his legs & feet were bound to be affected - he obviously forceably gets impeded and is disjointed as a result - he keeps his feet & remains upright
What was he meant to do ? Fall over?
The barge is what should have been punished - can you imagine getting sent off for that in England ? I can't !

Last edited:
This result was manufactured by the referee pathetic by him Rangers were superb Aberdeen are shite to leave with a point is disappointing but we look a very good team and with 11 on the park we will be challenging on all fronts albeit with the handicap of the bias of the horrible nation that is Scotland against us

Gerrard just literally said Rangers don't get a lot of those decisions, he has already seen what we're up against.

He was waiting on a question.
"What did you think of that Steven?
Reply "you mean the game?".

Yeah needed a few more pointed questions to let him answer. Was hoping he would ask how Jack was, and about the penalty decision. The boss is media savvy enough to not start the complaints unless prompted.

Derek McInnes, "Rangers probably felt they deserved three points for spells of the game".

93 minutes isn't a spell!

Gerrard was spot on when he said that,"anyone who watched that game, saw Rangers were the better team".

On to Maribor now.

Spells is correct - that is between 1 and 45 and again between 46 and 96.

God I am so gutted and so angry !

Spells is correct - that is between 1 and 45 and again between 46 and 96.

God I am so gutted and so angry !

Mate, I'm raging. Aberdeen are lucky bastards and we've got to wait till Thursday for a win now!

How May wasn't even booked for the assault 9n Jack is beyond me.

Also, and I only saw this once, but I thought Shinnie has a wee kick out at Coulibaly which led to Coulibaly going down midway through the 2nd half. It looked like LC tackled Shinnie, who went down then in the process of turning his body 'accidentally' managed to take his studs on LC's shin which led to him on the deck.

I may be wrong though.

Anybody watching this on sky notice with Andy walker its all how bad Aberdeen have been not once said we have played well or praised our players why is this guy commentating on rangers games at all
You’re probably right there.
I guess him being out for so long makes it feel like he’s a different player.
Either way, he’s been brilliant under the expert tutelage of Gerrard, and probably McAllister as well.

Still trying to figure out how you can grab a player by the shirt and only get a yellow.

I thought lifting hands in any form was a red :confused:

Derek McInnes, "Rangers probably felt they deserved three points for spells of the game".

Gerrard was spot on when he said that,"anyone who watched that game, saw Rangers were the better team".

On to Maribor now.
Yes Derek.
The spell between the first minute and the last minute.

Never saw a replay of the Devlin/Arfield incident where both got booked but it looked like Devlin had a hold of Arfield's shirt with both hands and was pressing his head into Arfield's face while Arfield had both ha DS out, palms up. How that is deemed anything other than a display of aggression from Devlin is laughable.

Just hope this result fires the team up for Maribor rather than deflates them, I know it's the former for me!

Havent read all 52 pages here but I would have liked Kent and Candy to have started with Middleton as a sub (Middleton I know was not in the squad but don't know why)
If Freddy kicks out then its red according to the rules however if a player is brought down off the ball in the area then it is also a red. We should have been 10 men each and we would have won the game.
Need another striker though as I don't think Freddy will be able to control himself which is a pity as he was playing well for the first ten mins.
We do have a decent defence but cant rely on every game to have a clean sheet 10 or 11 men.
For the rest of the season we will be playing against 14 men ...barstewards all.

If anyone is blaming Alfredo on here your wrong.

Look at the c.unt running towards him for a second time!

F.ucking joke!
I'm blaming him so i must be wrong as well then.

He doesn't kick out he's still on the pitch,his stupid actions cost us 3pts,whether he made contact or not it's still classed as intent,so stop making excuses by blaming everyone else..Morelos is the one at fault and gave them an easy decision to make.

If that was an Aberdeen player doing the same those blaming the officials would have been screaming for the sheep player to be sent off and if he didn't send the sheep player off he'd be accused of being a cheat,pushing and shoving goes on in football every week at every level,but the minute you retaliate by aiming a kick at a player it's a red card offence.

Bright side those cunts have hearts away after first leg against AEK we have St Mirren at home. Bit of luck points balanced out early after next weekend. Hearts were impressive yesterday.

Definitely a sore one to take with plenty of controversy. However, a lot of positives to be taken from that first league game. Down to 10 men for most of the game, dominated the so called second best team in the league away from home, they only managed one shot on target the whole game and we still created enough chances to put the game to bed which is promising. We just need Gerrard to find some way to beat not only the opposing team but the officials as well as unfortunately judging by our first league game there already seems to be an officiating president set for us.

Sitting here absolutely raging. Can’t honestly believe the same shit is happening again . I can’t take another season of this.

How do the bears get over this. I feel like drinking ha

Absolutely disgusted to get the draw but I'm.starting to calm down now. We played well today. People on here criticising players and manager should catch a fucking grip.

SG make a few digs at the referee there. He knows it. Siege mentality from now on.

Aberdeen are shite.

I'm blaming him so i must be wrong as well then.

He doesn't kick out he's still on the pitch,his stupid actions cost us 3pts,whether he made contact or not it's still classed as intent,so stop making excuses by blaming everyone else..Morelos is the one at fault and gave them an easy decision to make.

If that was an Aberdeen player doing the same those blaming the officials would have been screaming for the sheep player to be sent off and if he didn't send the sheep player off he'd be accused of being a cheat,pushing and shoving goes on in football every week at every level,but the minute you retaliate by aiming a kick at a player it's a red card offence.
Pushing and shoving?

F.uck me it was a clear barg which our manager recognised and addressed in the interview.

You think that’s a red mate then we are in trouble this season.

It was a f.ucking joke!

If you want to finger point. Point at David McGeachy the mentally challenged linesman who called that Fredo S/O not one player hid today.

Was away to say the same.

He wa about to well up after he gave it when the camera zoomed in.

Nothing but a cheat.

On to Maribor now.
Massive bullet dodged re McInnes, thank god he never managed us, the sheep were rank rotten today and will not make the top four this season

Good performance, given that we were up against it for over 80 minutes with only 10 men. I accept it is always a sore one to lose a goal and two points right at the end, but that is the second game running, imo, that SG brought on the wrong player as substitute. However, we don't have all the facts like he does.
Felt the forward line showed its weakness today. Both Windass and Murphy made wrong decisions in front of goal when a pass was clearly on. With Morelos probably away for 2 matches, our resources up front are already looking a tad short of what is needed. How SG sorts that one out is going to be the one that makes or breaks our season ahead.

I hope I’m wrong but that could be a massive blow to our season. Holding on for a win would have got us off to amazing start and the confidence would have been sky high . Instead we are playing catch up already. I know I’m
Sounding dramatic but to win the league we need to win games when we’re leading in injury time
Its the first game of the season mate.

Gerrard just literally said Rangers don't get a lot of those decisions, he has already seen what we're up against.
Just fielded a text message from a tim saying this was said.
“Didn’t take him long to get on message” says tim.
“No.”says I.
He’s already watched a dozen incidents from last season and seen today’s crap for himself.

Back