Gordon Smith - bigging up the Gers on Radio 4

Well done Gordon. Now we need all the other ex-gers on TV and Radio to follow suit.

It's easy to praise a team that are playing well and a manager who knows what he's doing - so do it.

I just caught the chat on the game tonight and he was reserved and a bit negative to say the least, when contrasted against Brazil hail hail positive Tim shit it’s like a times he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder. He may have been more positive earlier on a bit I missed, but listening I thought fucks sake Ally at least be a bit enthusiastic.

I just caught the chat on the game tonight and he was reserved and a bit negative to say the least, when contrasted against Brazil hail hail positive Tim shit it’s like a times he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder. He may have been more positive earlier on a bit I missed, but listening I thought fucks sake Ally at least be a bit enthusiastic.

Ally’s an Ally man.

Ally just likes to play the “cuddly cheeky, get on with everyone, chappie”

Maybe he’s just thinking “ unlike septic apologists, I’m not going to put out total and complete nonsense that most normal people fall off there chairs laughing at like the wee Martians in the old Smash adverts”.
Under promise, over deliver.

So he said fùck all , but you'll have a dig at him anyway :confused:

Heard Smith on Radio 4 this morning.

He spoke very well about our club and the progress made under Gerrard.

Also had a nice wee dig at the mentally challengeds.

Always speaks like a well educated protestant, unlike the barely literate Gordon on RC.

So in short, he's said fùck all wrong but gets a kicking on FF anyway.

Basically, he's repeated almost word for word what Gerrard said last Thursday.

Not really and doesn't deserve a thread of its own, it was more of a contrast to Smith on R4. They also talked about the league betting to win and the odds etc and Ally was just very stand offish. He rarely has anything to say positive and again is a complete contrast to the likes of Brazil enthusing poetdom. When ex high profile players come on they go out the way to promote the tims at every corner, McCoist used to do this but now hes different.

Not really and doesn't deserve a thread of its own, it was more of a contrast to Smith on R4. They also talked about the league betting to win and the odds etc and Ally was just very stand offish. He rarely has anything to say positive and again is a complete contrast to the likes of Brazil enthusing poetdom. When ex high profile players come on they go out the way to promote the tims at every corner, McCoist used to do this but now hes different.
Your biggest mistake is comparing him to Brazil.
A guy who still supports the organisation that facilitated his abuse, and helped keep his abuser out of jail?

I'm glad Ally is nothing like him.

To me I thought Brazil was trying to set him up for a fall but Ally just showed cautious optimism rather than getting carried away at this early stage. I’d prefer that to him shouting that we’re going to beat Celtic and win the league. Brazil’s hail hail shit is annoying though.

The bit I heard Ally was asked if the tie was already over and he basically said no, not at all, work to be done, Maribor a good team etc.

Well, these are also my thoughts on tonight's game, not for one moment do I think the tie is in anyway finished, and to be honest I have not spoken to a fellow Bear who thinks differently.

So in summing up I would say that Ally's comments on tonight's game probably chime with the vast majority of fans but hey, lets all ignore that fact and have another round of Ally-bashing instead.

Last edited:
Good for Gordon it’s going to be tough tonight but we’re a different animal under Steven Gerrard and I’m expecting a good performance from us hopefully a night to remember just hope a few more former players etc would start telling it like it is instead of the usual Uncle Tom Shite

Always speaks like a well educated protestant, unlike the barely literate Gordon on RC.

I've met him a few times, and he really is a proper gent.

Compared to the trash that now pollute the offices at Hampden, Gordon Smith just oozes class and decency and integrity.

Shocking the way he was booted out by tims, so they could throw their own lickspittles into place as they booted the games most illustrious and important club from pillar to post.

Never forget. Never forgive.

I've met him a few times, and he really is a proper gent.

Compared to the trash that now pollute the offices at Hampden, Gordon Smith just oozes class and decency and integrity.

Shocking the way he was booted out by tims, so they could throw their own lickspittles into place as they booted the games most illustrious and important club from pillar to post.

Never forget. Never forgive.

Met him a few times myself mate and I'd agree with everything you say.

Don't think I have ever heard Gordon Smith saying anything bad about our great club.

A true Ranger!

When GS first started in the journalism side of football, he tried too hard to be seen as unbiased. So much so that he came across like many of ex Rangers men writing today, it appeared he was putting the boot into to us.

Then one game he done the half time draw, and he received a rather frosty reception. The penny dropped and he has been excellent ever since.

Decent, honest guy.

When gordon smith is working round Ibrox always has time for a chat,really nice guy,comes over as a gentleman,not worth the comparison to acne Brazil.

To me I thought Brazil was trying to set him up for a fall but Ally just showed cautious optimism rather than getting carried away at this early stage. I’d prefer that to him shouting that we’re going to beat Celtic and win the league. Brazil’s hail hail shit is annoying though.

Brazil is one strange Tim. Big unionist big Tory outed the scum in his book close to Barclays hierarchy yet still gives it the hail hail pish. One mixed up guy. If he actually drinks to the levels he portrays on his program he’s living on borrowed time.

What sort of dig?

Back