Match Thread NK Maribor v Rangers - 19:15 Thursday - Premier Sports

Pretty sure the manager said yesterday that if he missed out, it was down to fatigue.

“He has posted some very big numbers in the last couple of games, in terms of distances and high speed, so I think it is just is body letting him know that he might need a little bit of a break at some point."

Surprised at Stevie dressing it up like that

We played injury time with 9 men. He went off after the injury

Definitely

I hope I'm wrong....I'd deff have started mcCrorie over ejaria on a defensive night like this.

I'm nervous now.

Gerrard said we aren’t going to be defensive. And rightly so. We have the ability to go out and dominate this game. I just hope we pull it off

I was surprised how little was said about Coulibaly after he was clearly done on Sunday. Guess we’ve kept this up our sleeve.

Can't believe we are going into a crucial European qualifier with Halliday at LB. Hopefully he's solid tonight.

Coulibaly out is a massive loss.

Come on Rangers, big performance needed.

A few weeks into the season and already we've been unlucky with injuries.

Coulibaly being out could be the difference between going thru or not tonight will be a big miss, Have we even managed to get Arfield, Coulibaly and Jack in midfield together in a competitive match yet

The loss of a recognised left back and Coulibally missing is a big worry for me.
I still hope we've got enough to see us through.
As I'm typing this I'm listening to Stevie G's interview on RC...…..feeling a lot more confident now!
:)

Coulibaly has been excellent in defensive mid but lets not act as if Ryan Jack and Scott Arfield are push overs.

Both are accomplished tacklers.

C'mon Rangers.

Well we scudded them without Ryan Jack last time and he has came back now so in reality we are not really weaker as RJ has been our best player this season so far imo, Halliday on the other hand.....

Not got a lot of confidence in that bench. Hopefully we can get the job done with the starting eleven.

Huge blow with Coulibaly being out.

Remember though Ejaria and Arfield started last week.

Hopefully the injury hasn't knocked the good form Jack was in out of him.

This is going to be a nervous one.

Even after seeing the line up and subs bench, I feel strangely confident that we are going to get an early goal and get through

Sure that wee cùnt is happy with himself, the st midden number 4. Will do absolutely %^*& all in football but he volleyed a rangers player out of a european game.

He should have of courase already been on a yellow for his foul on the 46th minute but was brazen enough to take a yellow in a lost game in the last minute cos the ref failed yet a fkn gain

Coulibaly has done well but on Sunday I personally thought he wasn't that impressive-our big youngster was having a much better game before the sending off.....This omission will not make the difference-we were always requiring a solid team performance to progress-nothing's changed.

Kent not at LB no?

Pretty sure the manager said yesterday that if he missed out, it was down to fatigue.

“He has posted some very big numbers in the last couple of games, in terms of distances and high speed, so I think it is just is body letting him know that he might need a little bit of a break at some point."

Aye but that's not contentious enough for here :D

Coulibaly has done well but on Sunday I personally thought he wasn't that impressive-our big youngster was having a much better game before the sending off.....This omission will not make the difference-we were always requiring a solid team performance to progress-nothing's changed.

Kent not at LB no?

The big man was tremendous again at the weekend.

And no of course Kent isn't at LB

Is anything playing on rtv? I’m in Germany and only have the splash screen showing the teams playing and a still picture of the stadium.

Can understand some comments on the bench, but middleton and kent are good pacey players if we need to stretch legs and push for an important goal. Make no mistake, Lassana is a blow.

tenor.gif

Nervous, but looking forward to the game. Makes a difference from the last few years where I'd be nervous and dreading the game.

Mon the Rangers.

Still confident of getting a result although a look at our bench brings a reality check of where we are particularly over a season trying to compete for the league.

Get the job done tonight and two more signings will set us up better for the challenge.

The big man was tremendous again at the weekend.

And no of course Kent isn't at LB

You sure about Kent?

It's about opinions Coulibaly has ranged from settling in to very good I thought last game he went back a bit but hey ho.

Can't believe we are going into a crucial European qualifier with Halliday at LB. Hopefully he's solid tonight.

Coulibaly out is a massive loss.

Come on Rangers, big performance needed.

A few weeks into the season and already we've been unlucky with injuries.

Our first choice 11 is strong but once we see injuries and suspensions occurring the replacements are not at the same level.

If we qualify for the group stages the welcome challenge of midweek games may be a stretch.

Although we have done some great business in the transfer market so far, we still need a few more quality additions. Hopefully a few more to come in this window and maybe strengthen another couple of positions in the January window.

Bench is fine considering Flanagan Barisic and Coulibaly are not there

We all know we need about 2-3 players , SG and team have done a great job so far in that department. Lafferty will be here soon so that leaves a central defender and an poss attacking mid. If we get them we will be delighted.

McCrorie and Kent will play their part tonight and possibly Middleton cameo to run down clock

We need to have a go at them from the off not defending our two goal advantage for the 90, heart in mouth stuff.
Lets go!

Back