Match Thread NK Maribor v Rangers - 19:15 Thursday - Premier Sports

Maribor are top of their league and have scored 15 goals in only 4 games. They are a strong team. We've done brilliantly to put them out. Over the two legs we've put them out with a bit to spare. Awesome stuff.
script>

So proud of that team tonight.

I know some of you are saying it was a nervy night but I can honestly say I never felt we were in any trouble whatsoever.

Confident, assured, organised and solid. Magnificent stuff Rangers, just magnificent.

Shagger & Goldson - different class.

That was every bit as excruciating a watch as I thought it was going to be.

Thank feck we're through.

Brilliant Rangers,just love how we all fight together again,really starting to look like a proper Rangers team once more,onwards & upwards we go!

The new manager's honeymoon period continues.

That's a line from the BBC match report. They hate it and want us to loose. Well done Stevie G.

So how many teams have come through all 4 qualifying rounds to reach the group stages? - CL or EL.

Three MONTHS..... it’s taken us three months to go from that mess at the end of last season to where we are now.

Just think about that.....

All the attributes of an spfl ref. Flash cards at Rangers players, don't book opposition for similar fouls, and the obligatory dubious penalty to cap it off.
Maybe they got hold of the SFA's Referee white paper on how to officiate on Rangers.

Masterclass from the team and coaching staff considering the short time they have been together
Tremendous effort

The phrase that’s branded about now is game management. Top teams can put in a display that wins games , consolidates leads and runs the clock down. Dare I say it’s not been a great Scottish trait especially with the national team. Considering the newness of our team and hardly into the new season we are managing games , dealing with set playes and more importantly working collectively as a unit. The type of manager is usually found in the big leagues i.e. premiership etc. Some with due concern questioned the experience of Gerrard and his ability to manage , but after tonight and with many more to come we have a game manager. It’s time let’s go !!

Just back from work. Bought the match this morning and will now sit down to enjoy. I normally would try and avoid the result, but I couldn’t help myself and had to have a peek at this thread :)

Brilliant performance and the penalty save topped off a great night. Had forgotten what it was like to feel that pulsing pain in my chest and tingling down my arms while watching us in europe. What a fucking feeling to have it back again as in last couple of years I had all but given up on experiencing these nights for a long time. Brilliant Rangers. Finally starting to look like Rangers again.

Aye, that's exactly what I said.

Well, see if alfie had lashed out at them then he's a target for every player to noise him up in every game he plays.

And they'll fuukin dae it. But as we've seen he'll play next week noo.

Use yer fuukin noggin.

Incredible result

Solid, organised, resolute, great team ethic, and a very good all round team performance.

McGregor in particular was sensational.

I'm loving the Gerrard era keep it going Rangers.

Well, see if alfie had lashed out at them then he's a target for every player to noise him up in every game he plays.

And they'll fuukin dae it. But as we've seen he'll play next week noo.

Use yer fuukin noggin.

I was being sarcastic. I said nothing even remotely close to that.

Slovenian polis are total scum, turned on the front of the march for no reason, batons and CS gas on old boys and at least 3 women. I tried to help one guy who couldn’t see and the cops told us to move, “you’re not safe here”. Me and another guy had to carry the boy to the game.

Scum. Shaking hands with each other, and clapping each other on the back afterwards.

Back