Gordon Parks in the Sunday Mail dishes out a lecture to us

SDF

The usual pish from the usual sort of suspects. Apparently we're getting ahead of ourselves on the the back of nothing. Here's the 'highlights'

"Talk of toppling Celtic is premature because so few Rangers players would get in their team, argues Gordon."

"Frederick Douglass, a leader of the campaign to abolish slavery in America, famously said: “If there’s
no struggle, there’s no progress.” And that phrase is spot on when it comes to the current state of Rangers."

Our result against Osijek and Maribor were against "European makeweights"

Our results against Aberdeen and St Mirren were "Premiership competence"

"A mood change in a matter of weeks is always a worry."

"Only in Scottish football can Brendan Rodgers now be a figure for ridicule and finger-pointing for perceived failings and Rangers boss Steven Gerrard hailed as a messiah before a ball has barely been kicked."

"Talking of “keeping heroes” after wins over the mediocre is premature in the extreme."

"Here comes the reality biter - Now Europe’s makeweights have been despatched, the real tests are arriving and there’s also the matter of Celtic"

"Despite all of the recent talk of reclaiming the title, it still holds true in this quarter that only a couple of current Rangers “heroes” would get a sniff of being handed a starting slot with the champions and that remains a generous assessment."

"Rangers should tread with a touch more caution because they haven’t done anything yet."

:D:D:D I can almost taste the bitterness from here.

Just read that myself and was in laughter tears

Best bit - European makeweights have been despatched and we've now got Celtic to worry about

Sorry, but weren't Celtic just despatched by a European makeweight in aek who are below Maribor in uefa rankings?

Really can't weight to be back on top, the excuses will be legendary

The same makeweights who rated above AEK Athens?

Quite clear to see that Waddell has an interest in the Celtc status quo here and will seek to retain his privileges through half baked lies and twisted logic.

Just read that in Suck’s back page thread. Ridiculous article. It’s a negative Rangers article just for the sake of it.

Comparing our situation to slavery is a belter.

This country won’t be able to cope with a strong Rangers. Looking forward to this first round of fixtures continually proving people wrong alongside our involvement in the Europa League Group stages.

They really don't like it when Brenda and c**tic get a bit of a ribbing.
The mediocre sides may have been despatched, true, but not by c**ltic, they were despatched by one.
And as for undeserved Messianic praise ? Don't make me laugh, the fawning Brenda got and still receives ?, well it's beyond man-love.

The vast majority of bears I've spoken to over the past couple of weeks have said they're not getting ahead of themselves. It's pretty clear the management team and players are also not getting ahead of themselves.

I love it when people who know nothing about us tell us how we are feeling, then tell us why we're wrong to feel that way.

Was howling at the European makeweights jibe myself. Here's some facts Gordon

Celtic lost 5 of their six group games last season - Conceding 18 in the process and picking up 3 points. Lost 1-7, 0-5, 0-3, 1-2, 0-1

Maribor lost 3, drew the other 3 - Conceding 16 in the process and picking up 3 points. Lost 0-7, 0--3, 0-3.

Who's the European makeweight again ?

This is the stuff that I like to read,simply because they are still burying their heads in the sand. They don't want to believe we could possibly be on the cusp of something special. If we get a result at the piggery the meltdown will be glorious.

Laughable. Three of our back 5 get into the best combined 11 for starters.

Tav- Goldson-Katic

Barisic could literally score a hat trick every week and never have a goal come from his side and he wouldn’t get past wonderboy in their minds so no point arguing that. I’d have McGregor but it’s less clear cut as Gordon is decent too.

I very much doubt any of our players would get in the celic team.

They signed for Rangers. Why the %^*& would they be happy about anyone saying they could get in the celic team?

I stopped reading at ''so few Rangers players would get in their team.''

Straight away we have McGregor Katic Goldson Tav who would get in their team.

And on current form you could argue Jack, Coulibaly and Morelos.

Utter horseshit from another mentally challenged with a typewriter.

Worried? You bet he is.

As for only a couple of our players getting into Celtics side, they would kill for our full back 5 at the moment.

I don’t like Parks but I’m putting my massive tin hat on here, I agree with a lot of what he says, the hysteria on here in particular is mental, it’s August for feck sake, we have made a solid start and things are progressing really well, however we are still up against a side who have easily won 2 trebles on the trot. You would think all we have to do is roll up to the Piggery on the 2nd and win comfortably, 55 will be inevitable after that.

We are on the right tracks but we need to calm down a touch.

I'm sure his reasons for this article is a hatred of Rangers however we have won nothing yet. I'd rather wait til we have a trophy in the cabinet and a good result at the cesspit before we start to pat ourselves on the back.

Here's a wee bit of free advice.

Enjoy our progress,enjoy the ride,revel in the fact that you're not a Tim.

It makes life worth living.

I don’t like Parks but I’m putting my massive tin hat on here, I agree with a lot of what he says, the hysteria on here in particular is mental, it’s August for feck sake, we have made a solid start and things are progressing really well, however we are still up against a side who have easily won 2 trebles on the trot. You would think all we have to do is roll up to the Piggery on the 2nd and win comfortably, 55 will be inevitable after that.

We are on the right tracks but we need to calm down a touch.
Nobody is making bold predictions that we will destroy them and win the league.

We are just happy we have a proper team again and believe we can compete.

Haha these guys who get paid for scrawling this garbage know absolutely nothing about the sport they are supposedly ‘experts’ on do they?

Easiest job in the world.

The fear is real in this one. We’ve got two Centre half’s Rodgers would give his left arm for.

They are an aging tired looking team and even their wonder kid Tierney got schooled on Tuesday.

The press should be delighted there is a title challenge but no, not in Scotland. Pathetic.

The more of this schtick the better. They're burying their heads in the sand, refusing to even contemplate a Rangers revival.

Some friendly advice reciprocated Gordon...

Quoting some 'famous' dialogue that you probably learned from a Spike Lee film you flicked past when channel hopping Sky Movies, does not alter the fact you are a tabloid hack writing in the most downmarket redtop arsewipe on the shelf.

Best not get ahead of yourself.

You're welcome.

Last edited:
Imagine the ridicule Stevie G. would have got if we'd got knocked out of Europe after starting the game with 9 players he hadn't signed, I don't buy papers at all but it seems to me that Rodgers has got off lightly!! Hopefully the knives will be properly out for him a week on Monday.

The usual pish from the usual sort of suspects. Apparently we're getting ahead of ourselves on the the back of nothing. Here's the 'highlights'

"Talk of toppling Celtic is premature because so few Rangers players would get in their team, argues Gordon."

"Frederick Douglass, a leader of the campaign to abolish slavery in America, famously said: “If there’s
no struggle, there’s no progress.” And that phrase is spot on when it comes to the current state of Rangers."

Our result against Osijek and Maribor were against "European makeweights"

Our results against Aberdeen and St Mirren were "Premiership competence"

"A mood change in a matter of weeks is always a worry."

"Only in Scottish football can Brendan Rodgers now be a figure for ridicule and finger-pointing for perceived failings and Rangers boss Steven Gerrard hailed as a messiah before a ball has barely been kicked."

"Talking of “keeping heroes” after wins over the mediocre is premature in the extreme."

"Here comes the reality biter - Now Europe’s makeweights have been despatched, the real tests are arriving and there’s also the matter of Celtic"

"Despite all of the recent talk of reclaiming the title, it still holds true in this quarter that only a couple of current Rangers “heroes” would get a sniff of being handed a starting slot with the champions and that remains a generous assessment."

"Rangers should tread with a touch more caution because they haven’t done anything yet."

:D:D:D I can almost taste the bitterness from here.

When he talks of rangers being more cautious, who is he talking to?
Does he honestly think Gerrard and the team are getting ahead of themselves? Of course they won't be. This is an article directed at us, the fans.
Secondly he has no clue who rodgers would put in his team, and all that stops their fans from seeing the quality we've brought in, is their dislike of us. This I assume is the reason he can write such an article, we annoy him, and the excitement and buzz is frustrating for him.

It's a no mark article worthy of an online football forum, unbelievable that even made the tabloids, actually, no, it is believable.

Is it any wonder hardly anyone buys that rag anymore.

A mentally challenged fanzine with journalists who embarrass the very profession they're meant to represent.

NS.

Latest posts

Back