Match Thread Rangers v FC Ufa - 19:45 Thursday - RangersTV.tv - UK & Abroad

What i will take from tonight its no just Scottish refs that are utter fucking imbeciles.
Good result for us against a rear guard action from those cunts. We can expect the same scenario on Sunday from the best hurling team in Lanarkshire.

Happy with the clean sheet, we seemed to run out of steam late doors. Promising spell from Middleton. If we can get a goal over there we should be ok.

A g00d professional performance from us. We ARE a much better team than them. Easily a better team.

One of the worst refereeing performances ever though. A disgrace from start to finish.

Great performance from Ejaria. Great save by McGregor. Lafferty looks like he'll be a great compliment to Morelos.

Agree with this, based on what I've seen, we are capable of scoring in the away leg. Must be a decent sign that we are annoyed to only be winning 1-0 in a european game.

Clean sheet is a huge plus.

They sat in and tried to block us, they can't do that over there and I have no doubt we have what it takes to punish them when they open out.

Definitely a good sign.

I'm feeling positive.

I don’t think there’s too much to be worried about but we’ll need a strong ref against these dirty bar stewards next week.

Professional win but a frustrating game.

That & my bets got fucked :(

Ref was one of the worst I've seen in terms of constant poor decisions.

Well we played well, but we really should have walked away with a 2 or 3 goal lead there. Some slackness in the final third and a fucking shit referee have prevented that.

A little disappointing in the end.

We still lack a bit of quality in the final third and miss too many chances. We also struggle to get goals from our wide men and midfielders which means we rely too heavily on Morelos.

i wouldn't be overtly concerned with only a 1-0 lead,, we will comfortably go through, only downside is not being able to rest any players which we may have done if we had won by a few tonight,, I think we wil score early over there and kill the tie off

So you're following a betting feed as opposed to watching (or even listening to) the game?

I was busy and kept checking the score on bet365 as they're usually pretty good for updates as they show all the stats and you can usually rely on them to have the score correct

Can’t believe the amount of foul throws and times Morelos was deemed to be fouling their defenders who were just falling over. Atrocious refereeing.

He seemed to totally miss the guy just picking up the ball in the first half too.

Just to put the record straight because of geopolitics the Pols will always favour the Ruskies. Hope we don't have Pols in the second leg otherwise we are in trouble.

what happened to to 5-0 result so many on here said we would get, and dont blame the ref, we have been distinctly lacking in the final third
Some getting carries away. They weren’t great but were no mugs. Work to be done before we get to the groups I think

Would have liked to be going over there with more than a one goal cushion but they never really troubled us, think we will win again over there.

The ref and linesmen were really bad, not even saying that with a perspective of them being biased against us - just some really baffling decisions. Couple of times there were free kicks given and the players didn't even know where to hit them from as they didn't actually know what the foul was given for or where it happened. The throw in where it was given to us, then them, then back to us etc. Amateur stuff.

Good result and see us going through as they didn’t offer much.
Our front three need improving. Only Morelos is of the quality required.
Kent shows in glimpses but doesn’t show it consistently. Middleton looks more direct but is too young to play consistently. Right side needs a quality signing if we are serious about winning trophies.

It is a clean sheet but 1 nil isn't great for taking away from home.

Felt we were lacking in final third and Russians contained us with relative ease tbh.

Might not be a popular opinion on this negative thread but I thought we played very well.

They came to stifle the game. Let's see what they do next week chasing a goal. My hunch is hee fecking haw. Bring them on!!

We won, we dominated. Our defence was solid and organised. Kent played well, Ojaria is getting better each game.

Decision making in the final third is a concern and we need to improve on that.
Flanagan had a good game but he kind of makes our back 4 imbalanced because we are trying to play with 2 attacking fullbacks who can create and cause problems going forward. He doesn't really do that, defends well, rarely gives the ball away but not creative going forward.

Middleton needs more game time, he is constant threat when on. Just runs at players and they hate it plus he has the pace to do it.

Back