Match Thread Rangers v FC Ufa - 19:45 Thursday - RangersTV.tv - UK & Abroad

Well done lads another clean sheet. That UFA are fuckin awfull can't even take a proper throw in. We will need to score over there and kill the tie hopefully in the first 15 mins. Defence looked solid as usual.

Their heads will still be burlin from tonights game when we play them next week...we went through the gears in the second half and with a better ref we would have scored...we'll score over there.

Will be a tough call to go over to Russia with a 1 goal lead and go through, they are no mugs, we will need to score and hopefully our defence is solid. Could have done with those penalties being given as the last thing we needed was a high pressure match away from home, with all the trzvel etc and then playing the vermin.

A wasted opportunity tonight. They're one of the worst European sides ever to appear at Ibrox and we tried to walk the ball into the net with too many touches. The last thing we need before the Piggery is needing to win over there, which I reckon we'll need to do.

Advantage us clean sheet no away goal for them and a goal to the good they need to come out to get there goal and I think we can pick them off

Going to be a tough trip over there. Need to have all focus on that. Was hoping we would make it more comfortable and get some rest in before the Celtic game.

Jack was class tonight.

I honesty didn’t think we were that good tonight.

Lacklustre at times and then kicking on and having a decent 5 minute spell.

We never used our width much. Kent loves to cut in and Candieas was quiet IMO.

Ejaria strolled it and looked to have stepped up from recent performances.

As much as I love Flanagan’s warrior mentality the lack of a left foot hinders us when we get u the park.

Totally controlled the game but thought we lacked that cutting edge in the final third. I’ve no real fears going there but with only a 1 goal advantage we still have it all to do.

Overall it’s a positive night again though, well done lads.

i really thought we looked a we bit flat.its going to be a tough shift over there.the two wide men never really created much.

We will struggle against alot of teams if they sit in. Crying out for a creative midfielder.

Kept a clean sheet which was the important thing as well as a lead. Would of been nicer to take a more comfortable lead to far reaches of Russia before the Piggery but think fitness shouldn't be an issue.

We still march on.

It will be a real backs to the wall performance next week, Im not taking anything for granted. I thought that was probably the least inspiring performance so far, not even a half time rollicking seemed to change it. Still unbeaten and it lies in out own hands. The opposition were quite strong and will definitely think the can go through.. Nail biter next week.

I thought that was a really solid performance by us. We had a 30second wobble after we scored and that was it.

On another night with a bit more luck we would’ve got five. Some of the early chances we were really unlucky with. I thought that was some great performances tonight but we still need a top quality midfield player as we are desperately lacking someone who can really control games.
What about Young Middleton by the way.....

A win in Europe is a big plus. We kept a clean sheet. We did ok. Not brilliant, and I thought we were a bit nervy. The Russians were neat and tidy. Saying that, I expected more from the midfield in the second half. It didn't happen. I would have liked to see Ejaria and Arfield with more guile in and around the penalty box. No lethal passes, so we have to be happy with 1-0. I still think we will go through.

I honesty didn’t think we were that good tonight.

Lacklustre at times and then kicking on and having a decent 5 minute spell.

We never used our width much. Kent loves to cut in and Candieas was quiet IMO.

Ejaria strolled it and looked to have stepped up from recent performances.

As much as I love Flanagan’s warrior mentality the lack of a left foot hinders us when we get u the park.

I'm with you mate. I thought it was poor with no creativity middle to front.

Could've done with another goal, but on a night when not much went out way we still managed to win our home game, keep a clean sheet, and finish with (apparently) no new injury problems.
Reasonably confident of getting a positive result in the second leg.

Are we having to put up with that ref again? FFS it Thompson on Sunday , it’s never ending. We will score away. The crucial part of tonight is not losing an away goal.

We lacked penetration in the final third and Ufa defended very well (surprised a few I think). It will be tough next week but we have the lead and a clean sheet. If we can grab an away goal they will need three. We face a tricky tie no doubt but it’s not beyond us

They were organised and up to the usual tricks which the ref fell for every time.

Ejaria was our best player albeit he faded in the last 15mins or so. Middleton also impressed after replacing Kent who again was ineffectual despite working hard.

We lack a number 10 and someone to make runs beyond morelos. I said at half time that morelos was too isolated. We got closer in the 2nd half however we miss Murphy's movement (as Kent just doesn't carry the same threat).

Anyway, we should easily have enough to come through this as they are not as good as either of our last 2 opponents

A wasted opportunity tonight. They're one of the worst European sides ever to appear at Ibrox and we tried to walk the ball into the net with too many touches. The last thing we need before the Piggery is needing to win over there, which I reckon we'll need to do.
Not a wasted opportunity at all
This team just met, We’ve made massive strides forward since last season

so you are saying we were good in the final third, if thats your point why is it only a one goal advantage, awaiting your response, dont suspect it will have any insight but open to being surprised

We weren't bad.

Up against a side that sat in with no interest in going forward, completely controlled the game.

If the referee had found his cards for persistent fouls and given at least one (possibly a second penalty too) we'd have been out of sight.

But I suspect a score line of 3 or 4 nil would have upset you even further.

Thankfully then we only need a draw ,

The real positive as far as I am concerned was that we did not lose an away goal. I always think the first leg at home is a very nervous occasion as an away goal can kill you.

Back