Match Thread FC Ufa 1 (1) v Rangers 1 (2) - 15:00 Thursday - Rangers TV UK & Abroad

We all get the foul by Morelos was dodgy, you accept it and move on.
You don’t boot the ball away, refuse to go to the official and then mouth off.

He got a red for his behaviour.

We played them inside for their goal and we have nearly did on 2 other occasions.

Stop the mental paranoia please.

he won the ball well and i can understand his frustration but his style play will always brings shitty fouls so he needs to accept it. A total idiot.

Arfield needs to get more involved imo

I’ve never ever seen a double yellow card for that it stinks.
He’s a fanny with his petulance and it will cost us big time if he doesn’t grow up and quickly. It doesn’t matter if you’re a good player of not petulance towards the officials achieves nothing and gets you carded every time. A yellow for kicking the ball away was guaranteed.

Mate, I know it’s a boot in the baws but look back at it.
He kicked the ball away, dingied the ref, then doesn’t shut his hole about it and looks like the ref pumped his bird.
Doesn’t matter how you look at it he should just learn to shut his fucking hole.
I agree with you. But i think its not a red

Harsh red.

He has allowed that to happen, not excusing him.

Read some of the shit said about the lad, it's horrific.

The Russians need 2 without conceding.

We will do this with 10.
I hope you are right.

It’s not often you see a ref flash two card shows at once but we don’t know what was said. The yellow card for kicking the ball away was a stick on and he didn’t exactly take his medicine. He deliberately ignored the ref and then has clearly said something.

Hope we see it out.

Why do we drop down the gears when we take the lead?

Its patantly obvious that we cant see out games in a controlled manner, trying to run the clock down does not suit our style.

For all Morelos can be great he’s a liability! No need to punt the ball away, not sure what he got booked again for.

For me he got the second yellow as he was walking away and ignoring the refs repeated whistling. He’s then turned and still refused to go back to the ref and got the second for his troubles

Don’t see how anyone complain about the red card. Was getting booked for kicking the ball away and hen clearly mouthed off to the official. Criminal in such a big game.

• Flanagan is having an absolute nightmare....out there!
Difficult now to even change him ..although he mi be forced into this !!

Only one fukcin headline now whether we qualify of not !!

Stupidity!!

Seen this movie before - not hopefull at all fuckin idiotic from Alfredo you could see he was on edge from start

Need a big effort from players

Fucking nightmare, never looked under threat then bang, offside goal and Morelos spits the dummy out and now we are in deepest shite.

On my tv the lad looked about 2-3 yards offside. If tavs out of shot then fair enough but I’m not convinced.

I know what he got sent off for. It’s still never given as a red ever by any ref. I’ve seen Lennon and just about every other hot headed player get booked for dissent then unload both barrels and the ref lets them away with it. I’ve NEVER seen a red in those circumstances in 30 years watching football.
It was two yellows it was not a straight red.
one for kicking the ball away - correct
2nd for what looked to be screaming at the ref like a petulant frigging child in the nursery.

He deserved to go.

Go 4-5-0 and boot the ball out the ground at every opportunity, lie down and play act etc.

So basically play like all the foreign teams we come up against. We wouldn't get away with it referee would have the card out quicker than he could blow the whistle. Some of these Foreign teams are dirty cheating bastards and the refs are not much better.

Nonsense. That was a harsh red card.
Not really mate.. He was getting booked for booting the ball away and then stupidly refused to go to the ref and motioned for him to come to him.. (well that's the way i saw it)

It was stupid but would not be dropping him..

He was booked for kicking the ball away and then for gobbing off at the ref. 100% self inflicted wound in a game we should have been cruising. An early goal and we are in real bother. 10 men forced to sit deep and we are in real bother. We are in the box seat but this tie could get away from us if we do not play smart. Morelos was not smart.
Your full of shite buddy. I'll see you on messenger or we'll be a arguing and I'll be looking for a new username again and I'm running out of ideas.

Love you buddy, but that's pure, undiluted pish.
I'm sure you can show me 2 cases of this happening in let's say 50 years and it might change my opinion. I seriously fucking doubt it.

What if I punch the ground twice after a foul against me. Saw Suárez do it. Don't remember 2 yellows in a second and a red.
The ref is a cheating fuck.
If you don't see anything wrong with the way these games have been refereed you need to have a look at yourself mate.

Last edited:
flanagan is our main weak link and I worry for us 2nd half.

However the referee will be the reason Ufa win this game - there is no way you give a double booking like that unless you have an ulterior motive

No idea why ufa manager wants to buy a few of our players , only one team looking threatening and it’s certainly not us . A long 45 ahead .

terry+tate+office+linebacker+mind+games

Just in from work, Morelos was silly for the initial yellow but I don't believe for a second that was another yellow.

The red card was entirely avoidable as was the yellow for petulantly booting the ball away, which in the aftermath of, all he required to do was acknowledge the referee and take the card. His behaviour was brainless and ill advised, no matter what you think Morelos was totally out of order.

What I will say is that we are not a dirty team, nor are we prone to diving and cheating, but our red card count would suggest otherwise. I would just like to see a level of consistency from referees, last weeks indulged the Russians encouraging them to break up the game with impunity, there was no letter of the law applied. This one has decided to offer Alfie zero discretion or indeed advice as to his future behaviour preferring instead to dismiss him.

I think anyone who watches football knew Morelos was getting booked for blootering the ball away....you could see the ref going instantly with the notion to show a card and then he decides to mouth off?

He owes all his teammates a big apology for his attitude...

I agree with you. But i think its not a red
I know mate, but there’s a time lapse between the first yellow card offence and then what does when he walks away.
The simple fact is he just shouldn’t fuckin do it.
There’s more at stake for the club today than him and he needs to learn it’s about the team not just him.

You should be embarrassed with that post.
Why has it never happened before?
I mean as an open question, how could you ever be so sure?
That was a huge decision and is evidence of either petty officialdom, or else something more sinister.
But that is my opinion, and I am not in the lest bit embarrassed.

Back