Vienna Away - Info and Updates in this thread

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
...easiest all round and a wonderful city. The issue is that Rapid are a traditional old team like us and will sell their tickets. How small will our allocation be? I'm tempted but just can't see lots of home tickets on sale etc. What do we reckon?

That's why I think a German team would have been the best away trip. Bigger stadiums with the best chance of a higher allocation. Shame central European countries don't have crappy home support like some southern and eastern European countries.

Of the 3 its easily the best trip.

Shame tickets will be like gold dust for it and Villareal. Not that i would be going to either mind you.

Suppose it depends on the qualification situation for both teams as it is the last game.

Could be a meaningless fixture.

Hopefully not.

...easiest all round and a wonderful city. The issue is that Rapid are a traditional old team like us and will sell their tickets. How small will our allocation be? I'm tempted but just can't see lots of home tickets on sale etc. What do we reckon?

tempted to go as well for the reasons you mentioned and plus the game being near xmas so can extend the trip and do the markets.

Moscow is the pick for me.

Always wanted to visit as a city and now have the perfect excuse.

Will be going into the home end, hopefully safely I’m sure with hundreds of other bears.
I was in Moscow and st Petersburg in March for 5 days each.... honestly one of the best places I've ever visited. Bust a gut to get there mate you won't be disappointed.
I'm off to new York for a week in 3 weeks time so won't be able to afford Moscow again for the game.... pretty gutted tbh.

it's 24k for euro games, safe standing removed

if you want to guarantee a ticket, you can become a Rapid member for EUR100 for the season , that guarantees you first refusal on all tickets before a public sale.

I think we will get around 2000 official tickets for both Vienna and Villarreal, will hopefully go to both of them

Was in vienna in july amazing city watched the shkupi game in the vienna true blues place also where liverpool fans meet think it was the red lion nice wee pub with lots of rangers and liverpool memorabilia

4 of us are going. Going to chance it and try and get home end seats whilst over there, otherwise just watch it in a pub.

7 of us going over from the Wednesday until Friday. Can’t wait for this one it’s been a long time since I had a trip abroad watching the famous.

This is the only one I can do. Signed up to the travel club yesterday but will just watch it in the boozer over there with the bears if a ticket isn't available.

Looking forward to the trip. Short drive for me, (subject to snow in the Alps!). Vienna well worth the visit especially as Christmas markets likely to be in full working mode.

As it will be last group game, we will know if either them or us are in contention to qualify for knockouts. If they struggling or out then might make it easier for Bears to get tickets.
On the other hand if it is a decider, will be very difficult.

On 4 points with travel club and booked up for villareal and Moscow with Vienna getting booked soon, hoping for tickets for them all tbh.

Signed up for the travel club today, Vienna is the only one I can manage. Be great to get a ticket but if not i’ll find a pub over there to enjoy it.

Last edited:
Hopefully for travelling bears Vienna have no chance and are playing shite by the time we get them and the locals sell on there tickets.

On 4 points with travel club and booked up for villareal and Moscow with Vienna getting booked soon, hoping for tickets for them all tbh.

I’m in the exact same position mate apart from Moscow. Sitting on 4 points and hoping that will be enough to get a ticket a ticket for Villarreal and Vienna but not 100% sure if 4 will be enough. Hopefully we will get a little bit more than the 5% allocation we are entitled to, apparently the Rapid Vienna away section holds 1800, we are only entitled to about 1200 so it would be slight improvement.

Was in vienna in july amazing city watched the shkupi game in the vienna true blues place also where liverpool fans meet think it was the red lion nice wee pub with lots of rangers and liverpool memorabilia
Went there when I stayed in Vienna before the Maribor game.

Speaking to a bear in there who said the prices were normal in the early afternoon & they hiked them up when more bears arrived. When I got there it was 12 euro a vodka and tiny wee measures. :eek: Shall avoid this time round.

About 30 of us going over in different durations and routes.

I’m flying from Glas to Vienna with a 1hr stopover in Frankfurt on the Wednesday and back to Glasgow on the Friday.

I’m in the exact same position mate apart from Moscow. Sitting on 4 points and hoping that will be enough to get a ticket a ticket for Villarreal and Vienna but not 100% sure if 4 will be enough. Hopefully we will get a little bit more than the 5% allocation we are entitled to, apparently the Rapid Vienna away section holds 1800, we are only entitled to about 1200 so it would be slight improvement.
Should be fine with 4 mate, I’m confident for getting tickets for all 3 of the games to be honest.

Should be fine with 4 mate, I’m confident for getting tickets for all 3 of the games to be honest.

I’m not sure mate to be honest. I started a thread asking the question about the breakdown of members and how many points they have. The poster Boumsong used to post a lot of info about stuff like that, I don’t think he posts anymore though.

Speaking to a bear in there who said the prices were normal in the early afternoon & they hiked them up when more bears arrived. When I got there it was 12 euro a vodka and tiny wee measures. :eek: Shall avoid this time round.

Yeah found it quite an expensive city when we were there but just went off main part and was a lot cheaper the red lion pub were we watched the game was decent me and missus were only 2 there:D.id imagine will b a lot busier this time round;)

Spoke to them on the Thursday of the Maribor game and the Vienna guys said they'd maybe look into shutting down the street next to the pub if we got Rapid in the groups. Saves the polis coming out but clearly the pub owner is there to only make money. Unfortunate. I speak a bit of German but got given different prices for the same thing depending on who was serving me.

Spoke to them on the Thursday of the Maribor game and the Vienna guys said they'd maybe look into shutting down the street next to the pub if we got Rapid in the groups. Saves the polis coming out but clearly the pub owner is there to only make money. Unfortunate. I speak a bit of German but got given different prices for the same thing depending on who was serving me.
Aye polis ruined it too saying there wasn’t to be a single bit of noiss.

Was in the Red Lion during the World Cup. Watched England/Belgium game. Was charged different prices for the same drinks dependent on who served me

Booked tonight. Edinburgh to Vienna via Seville on the Wed.

Vienna to Edinburgh via Eindhoven on Friday.

I’ll worry about a hotel and match tickets later.

Back