VAR Trial Starting in the EPL 15th Sept

Superrangers

Initially a non-live trial, with no link to the ground, merely a technical test of capabilities to handle multiple games at the VAR centre.

Good or bad?

I say good. You cannot put a price on correct decisions.

By the way

Imagine we had Var on Sunday

Minus the shagger incident because he would have been off!

What is the thoughts on what would have happened with the free kick?

Hmmmmm good
They will live to regret it.
There is enough time wasted during a game
without adding something that can be wrong
a good percentage of the time.
Had it over here (North America) for years
so we do have a good handle on what to expect.:confused:

By the way

Mcgregor would’ve been booked as would Ajer .

Mcgregor would then have saved the subsequent penalty .

The foul on jack wouldn’t have been challenged by VAR as it’s only used for certain decisions .

Nobody actually knows what the score would’ve been .

The foul on jack wouldn’t have been challenged by VAR as it’s only used for certain decisions .

Yes, I think you might be right on the McGregor decision. Once seeing the initial foul, I suspect a yellow would be the outcome.

In America if a decision leads to a
Goal such as a free kick then it’s challenged

They might as well stop play for adverts too and get it over with.:D If they could, they would.

Mcgregor would have been off.

We’d still have been beat.

They might as well stop play for adverts too and get it over with.:D If they could, they would.
Perhaps but correct decisions are required.

Look at the Samaras dive a few years ago. Was never a penalty but could have cost us the title.

Equally the 2008 game at the piggery would have resulted in a draw, not a win for them.

Again// Why would he have been sent off? It would have been a foul to us with both players getting yellow cards...

I'm not sure why so many people think this was a red card offence.. Even two mentally challengeds in work today admitted it was not a red as they understand the new laws...

Again// Why would he have been sent off? It would have been a foul to us with both players getting yellow cards...

I'm not sure why so many people think this was a red card offence.. Even two mentally challengeds in work today admitted it was not a red as they understand the new laws...
How long do inmates get on the Internet?

By the way

I would be sceptical about who was behind the screens. We would need to employ foreign refs in order to try and achieve some sort of unbiased decision making.

Maybe I need to see it again. But he kicked out. Do you have the clip?

Laws of the game state it was not a red card.. If it had went to VAR it would have been dealt with as in my previous post.
I tend to agree (even given the ability but of refereeing in Scotland to surprise). I am a fan of VAR. It gives shit or biased refs nowhere to hide.

How long do inmates get on the Internet?
:D:D

I'm not a prison guard mate.. It is amazing that i work with two of them.. As bitter as you will get hence i go to the pub at dinner.. But the two of them did say they did not believe it was a sending off (to which i was completely shocked, and it was not me asking the question, it was a St Mirren fan)

:D:D

I'm not a prison guard mate.. It is amazing that i work with two of them.. As bitter as you will get hence i go to the pub at dinner.. But the two of them did say they did not believe it was a sending off (to which i was completely shocked, and it was not me asking the question, it was a St Mirren fan)
Job centre?
Methadone clinic?

Be careful what you wish for. Alfredo would be banned for Bout 12 games by now with off the ball lashouts. Who's to say the VAR decision is any better? Does the reff not have to ask for VAR opinion in the first place?

Maybe I need to see it again. But he kicked out. Do you have the clip?
Everyone has seen the clip... The laws now state it has to be violent conduct.. Cannot be bothered googling but i'm sure it is law 12.... What he done was the same as Alfredo and Naismith.. Not red card offences.. VAR would have looked at it and either done nothing or what i said, but i do not believe VAR is used for such incidents...

Be careful what you wish for. Alfredo would be banned for Bout 12 games by now with off the ball lashouts. Who's to say the VAR decision is any better? Does the reff not have to ask for VAR opinion in the first place?
VAR will evolve and will gradually cover more and work more quickly. Players will also adapt to it.

Lucky you having sensible mentally challengeds at your work.

Couple at mine are decent but there’s one and he’s an absolute moonhowler.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s an account on here

Lucky you having sensible mentally challengeds at your work.

Couple at mine are decent but there’s one and he’s an absolute moonhowler.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s an account on here
Most of them are mental and Rangers obsessed.

He is probably outside your house right now.

How would he have been? Every single kick out this season has been given as a yellow or nothing . Morelos the prime example . Then Naismith.

It’s non violent conduct .

Nobody can assume mcgregor would have been off.

Last edited:
All goals are challenged.

Nonsense .

So if there’s a disputed throw in given, then a passage of play going from one end of the field to the other involving several players/attempts at blocks , saves and so on , a goal is scored , The VAR will go back and look at the disputed throw in ?

What new laws are you talking about, if its the double jepordy with the downgraded red to a yellow then they clearly don't understand the new rule at all.

I think the game should be 60 minutes long worth the clock stopped when ball out of play and when fouls are given. Stops time wasting.

What "lashouts" would they be? Folk slaver some pish on here when it comes to Morelos.

Everyone has seen the clip... The laws now state it has to be violent conduct.. Cannot be bothered googling but i'm sure it is law 12.... What he done was the same as Alfredo and Naismith.. Not red card offences.. VAR would have looked at it and either done nothing or what i said, but i do not believe VAR is used for such incidents...
You really need to take the blue tinted specs off.

McGregor deliberately kicked out and it was a red card all day long, if the referee had seen that he would have been off, if there had been VAR, he would have been off. I'm very surprised he has got away with it, i was expecting a immediate 3 match ban.
The rule is a joke now, anyone kicking out violent (how you describe a level of violence on a football field beats me) or not should be given a straight red.

He was an idiot, we have been very lucky.

I don't like VAR; the reason I do so is probably too abstract, but it seemed to contribute to more controversy at times than take it away if I remember correctly. The strategic use of it can't be dismissed either; in tennis the challenge system has been used to that effect.

VAR is badly needed in Scotland. I still worry about the refs making the correct decision even when it is on a 34" TV but it will at least cut out the crazy stuff happening every match.

VAR is badly needed in Scotland. I still worry about the refs making the correct decision even when it is on a 34" TV but it will at least cut out the crazy stuff happening every match.
In what way would it have had an effect in our last match?

Is this your contribution, to deride those you oppose without actually contributing anything of substance yourself?

VAR got 99.95% of decisions correct in the World Cup. Refs got 93%.

I don’t oppose people but I stand on the side of facts and progress. I embrace change.

The weighing up of the pros and cons of VAR and how it will inpact games as a whole will hopefully be carefully considered before the EPL impliment it, if that's what they get round to doing so.

Last edited:
You really need to take the blue tinted specs off.

McGregor deliberately kicked out and it was a red card all day long, if the referee had seen that he would have been off, if there had been VAR, he would have been off. I'm very surprised he has got away with it, i was expecting a immediate 3 match ban.
The rule is a joke now, anyone kicking out violent (how you describe a level of violence on a football field beats me) or not should be given a straight red.

He was an idiot, we have been very lucky.

Someone posted the other day that FIFA have changed the rules regarding kicking out at an opponent - unless done with excessive force then its a yellow card rather than a red so you could be wrong.

Back