Match Thread Villarreal v Rangers - 17:55 Thursday - BT Sports

Fantastic and delighted to be proved wrong , hands up I thought we had little chance with the players missing , a fantastic result !!!!!

No glorious aftermath. BT Sport cut straight to the scum. Dont think they like us that much either.

2 really lovely goals tonight. Candeias who I thought had a poor game had that bit of quality when it mattered to set up Arfield, Middleton & Barisic dome superbly for Laffertys goal.

Dorrans looked really lovely tonight as well coming off his lay off which is exciting.

We’ve got to set this in some context. From where we’ve come from over the past few seasons and everything that the club has gone through to this...

It’s an incredible turnaround. The club has made massive strides, particularly over the last couple of months. This is better than we could have hoped for. A brand new inexperienced squad draw in Spain in Europe. Well done to all the players and manager.

After that first half i didn't think we had a goal in us, this team has shades of 2008 written all over it, fantastic point, Moscow and Vienna will not win in Spain, hardest game of the group out of the way and we leave with a point. Well done Rangers

Fantastic result. We were much better in the second half and deserved the two goals. It tells me this team have a bit of something about them as a big score could have been on the cards against us. Proud again!

When we went behind in the first minute I thought we were on for a horsing.

Best away result by a Scottish team in Europe since our UEFA Cup final year.

2 really lovely goals tonight. Candeias who I thought had a poor game had that bit of quality when it mattered to set up Arfield, Middleton & Barisic dome superbly for Laffertys goal.

Dorrans looked really lovely tonight as well coming off his lay off which is exciting.

Oooh, enjoy his bum fluff did you?

Rob McLean - why are we the only support that has to listen to commentators talking us down.

First half it was all, "Villareal look like they can play as they like"

Second half, " Villareal are actually not that good"
Tomorrow's headlines will be about an excellent scum performance, no matter how bad they are

Amazing result, considering the start. Great heart and 2 great goals.

The torn faced moaners on here just love to ruin a match thread. Give it a rest lads, it's pathetic.

We couldn’t come back against Dundee last season, we came back against Villarreal away tonight.

We even could’ve snatched it at the end.

Tonight I’ll enjoy being a bear.

Well deserved point, the boys were immense tonight. love our no surrender attitude we showed.
Thankyou Steven Gerrard for giving us back a real Rangers team. Delighted.

Genuinely did not expect that, f*cking buzzing.

We were poor in the first half but i thought if we had a good delivery or final pass they were there for the taking and the second half we kicked on.

Great second half and even though he was only on for 20 mins Middleton was my MOTM (no offence to anyone else).

We might have evem nicked it.

Not only that but it's not even 8 oclock yet. :):):):)

We only drew with their B team.

We were lucky

They aren't that good

Excuses being rolled out already. ...

I'm over the moon with that result, the team really showed up in the second half. As much as they had 2 pretty clear chances at end we also could have nicked it. We play like that half against Rapid Vienna and Spartak away then we have good chance of progressing. One step at a time though.

Proud bear tonight.

Great result and 2nd half performance.

Kept myself out of this thread after their early goal as I’m sure I would have ended up banned reacting to some of the absolute nonsense posted on here by so called fans. No doubt they will be no where to be seen now.

Great stuff!

The progress we are making is phenomenal.

Only downside the despicable Scottish media. (Even McCoist - "I'm not sure Rangers deserved that equaliser. " - Prick.)

Think of the confidence this will give our players.

Hopefully they have learned what is required to compete against a top side. That first 30 mins was way too passive. Didn't lay a glove on them. That second half was superb after a bollocking from the gaffer i expect.

Great result. Strong second half after a nervous, error riddled first half. Ironically, our midfield 3 probably had their worst game of the season outside of the mhanks game. Middleton changed the dynamic of the game, that through ball for Barisic was sublime. The lad has a great future ahead of him, hopefully with us.

Fantastic and delighted to be proved wrong , hands up I thought we had little chance with the players missing , a fantastic result !!!!!
Maybe the lesson is that games last 90 mins. Surrendering after 20 mins makes you look Italian (maybe you are)

Great result. Better second half performance when we started to press them. Middleton changed the game again, a player that attacks space and for the first time had their players were on the back foot. Not that impressed with them. They made 9 changes from their team on Saturday and it showed.

Wow, bring on Spaniards by the score! We fought like the lion on our crest tonight. So proud of Mr Gerrard and our team. I hope all our magnificent fans over there enjoy the evening and return to us safe and sound. Well played the Rangers, Scotland's Gallant Few!

We only beat their B team.

We were lucky

They aren't that good

Excuses being rolled out already. ...

I'm over the moon with that result, the team really showed up in the second half. As much as they had 2 pretty clear chances at end we also could have nicked it. We play like that half against Rapid Vienna and Spartak away then we have good chance of progressing. One step at a time though.

Proud bear tonight.

We didn’t win bud, although it did feel like it.

The narrative changed quickly there. 5th in La Liga, not that good, still had a glorious chance to win it though.
Name the other Scottish team who could score twice and draw with Spain's fifth best team. That other mob would struggle to get one

That's a fucking magical result that I dared to dream of especially after that first half

This squad is the real deal

Back