Match Thread Villarreal v Rangers - 17:55 Thursday - BT Sports

As somebody who said at halt-time I would take 1-0 with no injuries, I’m pleased to say that’s just another example of me knowing %^*& all! :)

Great point and let the haters say what they like. Had that been them tonight we would be hearing how great they are.

%^*& them all!

Different team 2nd half mate.I feared the worst on the first half display.They regrouped and played like a team 2nd half. Glad you enjoyed it.Carlsberg night now if the traitors get pumped.

I could see we were growing in to it - I thought I'd leave a reply for after the game because I knew we'd get something from the game. Great result all in all.

Fingers crossed! Maybe a few injuries too.

Absolutely over the moon at that result and the second half performance. Both of our goals were superb moves. Brilliant skill by Dorans to set up Arfield. I think GD could be a big player for us now that he has proper team mates around him.

So much better 2nd half, closer together, pressed with a bit of bite & attacked with real belief.

Well done Rangers !!!

Absolutely over the moon with that. Never seen us getting a result there and thought a draw would have been a great result. It is, but if it was happening it would be 0-0. Took bottle to take the game to them, twice, and we're quickly gathering a winning mentality in this team. That'll be a massive lift to them as well.

Much better in the second half tonight and two very good goals.

Absolutely buzzing with that result to be honest:D

I could see we were growing in to it - I thought I'd leave a reply for after the game because I knew we'd get something from the game. Great result all in all.

Fingers crossed! Maybe a few injuries too.
Bud I should have stopped typing.The first half I was raging and the red mist got the better of me again.Happy (Glad)to admit I was wrong.Ye a right good few injuries.Nothing minor!

After the start you sensed this could be a bad night given our lack of experience at this level - but once they missed a few chances we stepped up and had a really good 2nd half.

Team put in a hell of a shift especially the big man up front - he chased everything down the full game. We played pretty well on the break so that augurs well for the rest of this european campaign.

The brilliant thing is I think we will only get stronger as a team from here on in ...

Well done Rangers - players, managers, backroom staff & fans - what a performance all told

Can anyone even begin to imagine this happening less than a year ago ?

Thank you DK, SG & everyone backing them up

I was extremely proud of our team tonight, The supporting bears were brilliant and outsang the home support all night.
The team fought like lions and showed a fantastic team spirit harnessed by our brilliant manager Steven Gerrard.
Our manager made good substitutions at exactly the right time and we could have won this match.
What a turnaround.!
It's time to celebrate fellow bears. Soak up the great feeling tonight as you will need the practice. There is more to come............

Well.... that was good.
Brilliant Rangers, well done. Would have been more than happy with 2-2 after 45 seconds!

Superb result, over the moon for the 1700 supporters who made the trip over, they can have a big party tonight. Also loved the bear jumping up and down behind the goals in the Villareal end when the big man scored lol.

The depth we have in our squad is great now. Good to see young Ross and GD getting a run out.

Hope Katic is not feeling too bad at not getting any game time.

Back