Juniors 6th October

Troon v Largs Thistle

Ko: 2pm

Theesel becoming the form team. Can they maintain their current run? Unbeaten for six games. Five wins in a row.

The last six games 32 goals for and 6 against!

Awa the Theesel.

:cool:

Talbot v glens for me

Tough game as glens seem to have got over the slump they started the season with. Shame it didn’t last a bit longer.

Think we are going for 13 wins on the bounce. Would be nice to win this one in the league as we follow it with 3 cup games (a cup final, a senior cup tie at Cove and then whoever we get in the draw on Tuesday [assuming we don’t draw at cove])

Talbot v glens for me

Tough game as glens seem to have got over the slump they started the season with. Shame it didn’t last a bit longer.

Think we are going for 13 wins on the bounce. Would be nice to win this one in the league as we follow it with 3 cup games (a cup final, a senior cup tie at Cove and then whoever we get in the draw on Tuesday [assuming we don’t draw at cove])
You better win today, Colin I have put them on my coupon along with the banker of the day #buffs the only 2 junior games I included in my 6 team totally Scottish accumulator

Talbot v glens for me

You were gubbed:p:D

FT Cambuslang Rangers 2 Renfrew FC 2

Renfrew robbed by a dodgy Ref. - I'm just guessing that.

You were gubbed:p:D

Cock :mad: :p

Glens won with a free-kick that was worthy of winning any game

Same guy (I think) was sent off on the 30 minute mark for his second yellow card

Very disappointing last hour from Talbot who really didn't trouble the Glens goalie.

Doubly disappointing when we found out Hurlford had come from 3 down to beat the mighty 4-3

That's an embarrassment. Strain out!
Absolutely he was terrible today arguing with the linesman and referee- ffs he even has words with the fans and challenged one to come down to the dug out if he could do better - first half had nothing in midfield and medda wanted the ball more all strain could say was press them high and don’t bother with balls over the top - second half had more of the ball but was terrible up front - got what we deserved feck all - to round it all off the buffs gave away a penalty when 4 defenders were around a sole striker and they fouled him instead of dealing with him - scunnered is an understatement

Cock :mad: :p

Glens won with a free-kick that was worthy of winning any game

Same guy (I think) was sent off on the 30 minute mark for his second yellow card

Very disappointing last hour from Talbot who really didn't trouble the Glens goalie.

Doubly disappointing when we found out Hurlford had come from 3 down to beat the mighty 4-3
It was Kyle McAusland, ex Ranger and Scumnock boy, scored a last kick free kick in Scottish last week that put Glens through!

It was Kyle McAusland, ex Ranger and Scumnock boy, scored a last kick free kick in Scottish last week that put Glens through!

Ah, thought it was the #3 who scored.

I despise Kyle - big-headed bastard. If he was half the player he thought he was he's have made more than 6 or so Rangers appearances when we were utter dross.

Ah, thought it was the #3 who scored.

I despise Kyle - big-headed bastard. If he was half the player he thought he was he's have made more than 6 or so Rangers appearances when we were utter dross.

Completely disagree mate. Play with Kyle and he’s a great lad. Played at a very good level and should still be playing senior if he wanted to. Not big headed about his early career at all.

Completely disagree mate. Play with Kyle and he’s a great lad. Played at a very good level and should still be playing senior if he wanted to. Not big headed about his early career at all.

Let me rant :D he scored the goal that beat my team today

He's a Cumnock bastard - can we agree on that? :p

Haha yes! Il agree with that. Was a great free kick today tbf and his second winner in two weeks.

Did he score a late equaliser 2 seasons ago to earn a replay which the Glens then won and went on to win the cup?

Also, he was supposed to let me know about a Bernese pup ages ago and never got back to me :mad::oops:

Did he score a late equaliser 2 seasons ago to earn a replay which the Glens then won and went on to win the cup?

Also, he was supposed to let me know about a Bernese pup ages ago and never got back to me :mad::oops:

Aye that’s right, away at Broxburn. 3-1 down and down to 10 men. Scored in the 91st and 93rd minute, and the rest is history!

We needed that today though. Lost a lot of ground with Hurlford going so well, and others, including Talbot starting the season very well.

Aye that’s right, away at Broxburn. 3-1 down and down to 10 men. Scored in the 91st and 93rd minute, and the rest is history!

We needed that today though. Lost a lot of ground with Hurlford going so well, and others, including Talbot starting the season very well.

Hurlford idle next Saturday as they were supposed to play us but we have the league cup final (no idea what they'll be calling it) so a change for other teams to reign them in a wee bit. May go to the Cumnock v Beith, or the Glens v Pollok to shout at Butch and Gormley.

Decent second half at Newlandsfield with 'Lok beating Ladeside 2-1. Decent crowd too. Glenafton up next.

Cambuslang rangers 2 v 2 Renfrew
Cambuslang 2 nothing up and cruising at half time , let in a goal direct from a corner and almost immediately had a man sent off, 2 bookings for arguing with the ref
There was about 12 bookings 2 sending offs the Cambuslang manager and one of the coaching staff sent off and there wasn't a really bad tackle all day
The ref was terrible

Troon v Largs Thistle

Ko: 2pm

Theesel becoming the form team. Can they maintain their current run? Unbeaten for six games. Five wins in a row.

The last six games 32 goals for and 6 against!

Awa the Theesel.

Troon 1-0 Largs Thistle

Largs could not maintain their good form and struggled to keep the ball on the deck in the first half.

Troon slotted home a free kick from 25 yards scored by their No 4 who was a no nonsense defender who got everything in the air.

After the break it was more of the same with Largs launching the ball into the air over their mid field. However, the last twenty minutes was a different story. After three subs Largs transformed their play. Keeping the ball on the ground they came close on a number of occasions. Christian Nade of Troon, yes, that one, got subbed after a number of “coming togethers” and a yellow card. If fact there was a handbags incident at the final whistle.

The steak pies were excellent. Very deep with a rich filling. Recommended.

Troon 1-0 Largs Thistle

Largs could not maintain their good form and struggled to keep the ball on the deck in the first half.

Troon slotted home a free kick from 25 yards scored by their No 4 who was a no nonsense defender who got everything in the air.

After the break it was more of the same with Largs launching the ball into the air over their mid field. However, the last twenty minutes was a different story. After three subs Largs transformed their play. Keeping the ball on the ground they came close on a number of occasions. Christian Nade of Troon, yes, that one, got subbed after a number of “coming togethers” and a yellow card. If fact there was a handbags incident at the final whistle.

The steak pies were excellent. Very deep with a rich filling. Recommended.

He's a guy you wouldn't get tired punching. Should be sent off most games for his fouls. And also because he's "one of them"

Cambuslang rangers 2 v 2 Renfrew
Cambuslang 2 nothing up and cruising at half time , let in a goal direct from a corner and almost immediately had a man sent off, 2 bookings for arguing with the ref
There was about 12 bookings 2 sending offs the Cambuslang manager and one of the coaching staff sent off and there wasn't a really bad tackle all day
The ref was terrible
At the first Renfrew goal the Cambuslang players claimed the ball had not crossed the line, the goal was given by the linesman and all hell broke loose. Said buck toothed linesmen had been in a running battle with the Cambuslang coaching staff all afternoon as he kept moving them back into the “technical area”. I believe his goal decision was payback after the Cambuslang bench had wondered aloud if he had found Shergar, as he was “ wearing its feckin teeth”!!

Kilsyth Rangers beat Neilson 6-1.
Hoping for a home tie in the Scottish as the Kilsyth away record is poor.

Back