Ian McCall - It is a totally sacrilegious thing in Scotland, ‘oh don’t slag Kieran Tierney

Tin hat on, but if Scotland continue to play with a back three I would rather have Tierney in there than Mulgrew.

Tierney, McKenna and Souttar with Robertson as a left wing back and looks like O’Donnell is favourite for the right wing back.
Who's O'Donnell? Legitimate question, I pay no attention to anyone other than us.

Tierney is a good spl player, he has had 3 really good games against us in the last 3 games against us,, but the fact is he has been found out in Europe, I would also say that European teams target him,, he's not slow but he is not blessed with fast pace and he is not great in the air,, in England he would be bullied,, what mccall said was 100 % spot on, , but he is better than anton rogan

James Tavernier's a better full back than Tierney.

Tbh I don't see it with the wee queerhawk at all. He has a bit of pace and a good engine and that's it. He's competent enough but nothing more than that.

If he had Tav's numbers in terms of goals and assists the scum would have him down as the second coming of Roberto Carlos.

I reckon Barisic is better than Tierney too btw. I'm hoping he can get fully fit and prove that.
I agree. I think Barisic will prove to be better than him too.

Wonder boy won’t be dropped the reaction from the scum press players and liewell would be outrageous

Drop the lady's front bottom

I reckon Brenda would be quite happy not to have any of his players playing for Scotland. From a sell on perspective yes Liewell would probably set the wheels in motion for McLeish to be on the dole within 24 hours.

Tierney shat it from Jason Holt in an Old Firm game, and was a key player of the Celtic team that got regularly pummelled in Europe. Robertson has his flaws defensively, but he's a much better player than Tierney and someone who rises to big occasions.

Crichton is getting a bit of stick for her comments. Tims seem too thick to realise they're proving her point.

Last edited:
Tierney is no better than Tony Shepherd or Anton Rogan.Hugh Burns was better as was Muscat .

If you polled the Rangers Support on who Cellic's best left back of all time was, there's only 1 winner.

2a977fb.jpg

mu8qwh.jpg

And this is why Tavernier will never win Player of the Year. No matter how good he is this season.

To do so would be publicly stating he's a better full-back than Tierney. God forbid, there would be a complete meltdown.......

"how can a £3.5m full-back (The Sun) be better than a £25m full-back (The Sun).
[heads explode]

WATP

Crichton is getting a bit of stick for her comments. Tims seem too thick to realise they're proving her point.

Was in the car and heard her comment. She sounded more like a fan having a wee moan over loss of form.

Didn't hear McCall comment but he will clearly now be forever defined as an orange bassa by our non sectarian friends across the city

If picking a Scotland XI

McGregor Rangers

Tierney. Scum
Robertson. Liverpool
McKenna. Sheep
Cooper. Leeds U

McGinn. Villa
Armstrong. Southampton
McGregor. Scum

Fraser. Bournemouth
Naismith. Hearts
Forrest. Scum

I expect the likes of McCrorie, Bates, Middleton and the big striker from Everton who is scoring for u21’s to break into the squad and even Gilmour.
I hope Rangers consider a loan for Gilmour soon.

No, he doesn't. He actually lacks genuine pace.

That's why he has no chance of playing at the level Robertson does.
I dont agree mate the boys quick thats what he has going for him but Robertson is much better technically and playing at a higher level hence he is better

If picking a Scotland XI

McGregor Rangers

Tierney. Scum
Robertson. Liverpool
McKenna. Sheep
Cooper. Leeds U

McGinn. Villa
Armstrong. Southampton
McGregor. Scum

Fraser. Bournemouth
Naismith. Hearts
Forrest. Scum

I expect the likes of McCrorie, Bates, Middleton and the big striker from Everton who is scoring for u21’s to break into the squad and even Gilmour.
I hope Rangers consider a loan for Gilmour soon.

McKenna's honking.

Like literally rotten.

He looks like he eats food with his bare hands too.

Was in the car and heard her comment. She sounded more like a fan having a wee moan over loss of form.

Didn't hear McCall comment but he will clearly now be forever defined as an orange bassa by our non sectarian friends across the city

Aye, she didn't exactly slaughter Tierney, but she's getting the predictable response. Seems you're only supposed to be objective if you once played for Rangers or grew up supporting us.

Robertson is miles ahead of Tierney.

That’s not because he is a mentally challenged it’s just stating a simple fact.

You would like that Scotland would stop playing players out of position just like Rangers.
They are both mentally challengeds, but Roberson is a far superior player, however Tierney will get squeezed in somehow, otherwise his value might drop.

Never mind Tierney, what about Armstrong?

You would have been excused if you thought he was the new Frank Lampard the way he was bummed up buy the Scottish press and it was only a matter of time till he sets the heather alight in the EPL.

5 appearances so far this season.

1 start. 4 subs appearances.

Hasn't been included in the matchday squad on 3 occasions too.

Only in Scotland can you have an opinion, and back it up, and it is considered controversial

KT is coming to a big crossroad in his career.
Stick or twist.
He’s not getting any better.
He’s not getting more valuable.
He’s on plenty money so does he just sit it out, make loads, hang about with papes and stall or go backwards.
He’s a prick anyway.

It must be Tierney I mean he is worth $1bn and Juve and Barca want him. Messi and Ronaldo are not going to sign new contracts if he doesn't sign

He made another good point in relation to playing Robertson as a wing back rather than fullback in a back 4 in that he isn’t as effective at wing back as his strengths are his ability to come from deep as the 3rd man runner. This becomes more difficult if he is playing 30 yards further forward.

Tierney is a really good player

He was a standout in the game against us at mordor

However, he has been looked at with the proverbial Tim magnifying glass and is now up there with the best the best in the world in their eyes.

McCall is bang on the money.

Robertson is genuinely one of the top Left Backs in the world. There shouldn't even be a question about who gets picked.

Tierney is a really good player

He was a standout in the game against us at mordor

However, he has been looked at with the proverbial Tim magnifying glass and is now up there with the best the best in the world in their eyes.

McCall is bang on the money.

I think he is a good player, which is obvious, however he hasn't been anywhere near as good this season from the limited amount of time I have seen him. Seen a bit of there game v Kilmarnock and he was beaten far too easily at least a couple of times.

One is a first pick playing in a top EPL team in arguably the best league in the world and he just played in the champions league final, the other guy plays in a dog shit league that’s at such an all time low the richest club which no other club comes close to matching in terms of money in the bank, size of squad and wages being paid.

With relative ease Celtic were in the most advantageous situation in the history of Scottish football to make history and win things due to the overall standard of the game being reduced to such an abject state the opposition’s challenge had became more futile than it had ever been previously and the ultimate proof of this joke situation is in Celtic’s regular spankings in European football despite their absolutely phenomenal wonderfulness in the domestic game. Sorry to be a bit of a red imp but facts are facts.

Robertson is miles ahead of Tierney.

That’s not because he is a mentally challenged it’s just stating a simple fact.

You would like that Scotland would stop playing players out of position just like Rangers.

They’re both Tims so no sectarianism at play here

The Paul Mcstay of his generation he will never leave his beloved groin brigade
he will only go if the fat Japanese needs to cover the wage bill

Tin hat on, but if Scotland continue to play with a back three I would rather have Tierney in there than Mulgrew.

Tierney, McKenna and Souttar with Robertson as a left wing back and looks like O’Donnell is favourite for the right wing back.
That’s the dilemma for me.

Looking for a left-back? It’s Robertson all day long.

Is Tierney a better option on the left of a back three than the other centre-halves? I’d probably say yes.

Is it worth playing an alien formation to most of the squad, purely to accommodate Tierney? Probably not but we did win the last game - the only important one in McLeish’s current tenure.

Tierney is a good SPL level player but anybody who thinks he is near to or on the same level as Andy Robertson, needs sectioned.

Ok this isn't easy to say but being honest I do rate the wee rat faced fkr.

He is one tenacious little bastard of a player and IMHO is one of the main reasons we have yet to score a victory over them of late. I'll go further, unless Tavernier etal can match teirneys sheer desire to win I can't see that changing.

He embodies your stereotypical poet where by the green and grey is his whole life. He gives me the impression he would die for them, truth be told I have a grudging admiration for that and I wish to fk we had that particular quality our full backs. I rate Robertson very highly as well, he obviously plays at a far higher standard every week but for me there's not much in it purely from a football point of view.

Mcall is right. Slating teirney is sacrilegious to those pricks but that's beside the point, with the blue specs off I do rate the Knut very highly. Oh fk! There I've said it.

I think Tierney is a really good player and has been their stand out player in games against up over the past few years.

I’m surprised an English side hasn’t taken a punt on him given Robertson’s success at Liverpool.

Having said all that he’s a w@nk.....

Back