Rangers & SD back in court today

43698410_733853393651593_7993189568151027712_n.jpg

Is this fat fucking c u n t so fucking stupid that he can’t see that we want absolutely f u c k all to do with him and even if he is allowed to sell our tops we won’t go near his shitty shops and as we proved before we would rather not buy tops if it meant buying them from him
He doesn't want us buying them.

His whole point is to try and prevent us from making any money via merchandise.

The pertinent question is who benefits from this?

Did we use the same legal advise when we were going ahead with the JD sports deal ? The same deal that the fatman decided to take us to court and cost the club a shitload of money in paying his legal costs,good legal advise wouldn't have seen us being dragged through the courts and losing a very substantial amount of money.

The same thing is applying here where he is once again taking us to court in regards to selling our merch,someone at the club is either totally incompetent or doesn't have a clue what they are doing,If they did we wouldn't be going to court.

I think those on the board have decided they have had enough and gave him the two fingered salute and chanced their arm putting our merch on sale,simply down to the money we are losing through retail sales and tried to be cute by doing what they did and it has once again backfired on us.

A horrible fat bastard that he is but he's not stupid,It's absolutely frightening the money we have lost through retail,not including £3m the club paid him along with the hundreds of thousands of pounds in legal costs.

Whoever is giving the club advice is making a rip roaring arse of all this.

I think you will find the club have worked wonders to get to where we are right now.

I’ve clearly not seen the terms.

But.

Our previous contract was for exclusivity. Which sd had. We tried to award another exclusive deal which the fat lady's front bottom kicked up a stink about.

So we decide not to extend any exclusive deal and sell through who ever wants to inc sd.

At a very simplistic level, he can’t claim for an extension to a contract that rangers have decided not renew.

In my mind

Chess game. The release on the Friday was designed exaclty for this in my opinion.
We were 'happy' to let him match the contract and work with him.
If that match included doing x and y and this fat reptile just wont comply then he's had his chance and we can prove that now in court that his purpose is not partnership but sabotage and hamstringing us for ever and a day.

I’ve clearly not seen the terms.

But.

Our previous contract was for exclusivity. Which sd had. We tried to award another exclusive deal which the fat lady's front bottom kicked up a stink about.

So we decide not to extend any exclusive deal and sell through who ever wants to inc sd.

At a very simplistic level, he can’t claim for an extension to a contract that rangers have decided not renew.

In my mind

Cmon
You got rid of the tims

Get rid of Cashley :p

I just don't see the business reason for Ashley to keep this going on and on.

He knows if he is involved, sales plummet and he makes very little.

The only gain he can really make is by keeping winning legal fees or compensation in court cases, but he could lose and then shell out instead.

Is he a front for someone else who just wants to keep fùcking Rangers?

Why would a cockney with millions in the bank and no emotional attachment persevere like this?

Last edited:

The only gain he can really make is by keeping winning legal fees or compensation in court cases, but he could lose and then she'll out instead.

Why would a cockney with millions in the bank and no emotional attachment persevere like this?

remember the school bully?
he makes so much money, we are a small pea in a large pot of soup.

If this goes against us we must get organised and take this fat cuunt down. Every store of his targeted, protests, mass disruption, fans showing up en masse when we know where he will be, shareholder meetings, etc.
i mentiuoned something similar before. No point in a noise outside of Sports Direct. Thousands os people browsing the floors of House of Fraser as Christmas approaches would have a lot of big brands paying for premium floor space a little anxious if anything interuted their Christmas sales. Sales that I suspect define their financial year as a success or not.

I fully expect us to have to stop selling strips in the near future.
We've signed a new deal with SD. What I don't get is why aren't they selling our merch! It's a long shot, but what I hope is the judge will see the reasons for SD holding back as shenanigans and carpet them. In his scathing ruling he tells SD to get their act together, tells us to go right ahead selling through other partners, and tells SD to pay for the court costs. If he could finish up his summation with a fcuk you Mike Ashley that'd be the cherry on top.

Could it be the first release of stock and how quickly it sold strengthens our case if a judge were to be convinced SD were hampering our business, comparing a like for like sales volume?

The only gain he can really make is by keeping winning legal fees or compensation in court cases, but he could lose and then she'll out instead.

Fat Mike is your typical narcissist who we dared to take on and beat, he will try at every opportunity to get revenge in whatever way he can and will keep going no matter how much it cost him.
His treatment and behaviour towards his employees and his arrogance our the full blown traits of an narcissistic personality.
He sees us Rangers fans and Newcastle fans as beneath contempt and doesn't give a feck if either club went to the wall.
A very dangerous and evil man in my opinion but still an utter fuckin lowlife scumbag.

Thats exactly what I'm talking about, to get the retail deal to where we are now took miracles since we had literally zero leverage.
It cost the club £3m+ hundreds of thousands in legal costs and looking like we will be going through another round of court dates,worst case scenario is we're told to stop selling merch until any court case until it's resloved and that will see us with no retail income once again for maybe months and one very pissed off kit sponsor.

I would think Hummel have also been behind our reasoning to go with a non exclusive deal. They will be backing us as they know a golden egg when they see one. Also an argument could be made that as SD did not choose to engage with Rangers on a like for like deal in a timely manner will be a positive for us. Restriction of trade, for example.

We've signed a new deal with SD. What I don't get is why aren't they selling our merch! It's a long shot, but what I hope is the judge will see the reasons for SD holding back as shenanigans and carpet them. In his scathing ruling he tells SD to get their act together, tells us to go right ahead selling through other partners, and tells SD to pay for the court costs. If he could finish up his summation with a fcuk you Mike Ashley that'd be the cherry on top.

Where are you seeing we signed a new contract? Are you getting that confused with SD saying we signed a contract with this elite sports group?

Did we use the same legal advise when we were going ahead with the JD sports deal ? The same deal that the fatman decided to take us to court and cost the club a shitload of money in paying his legal costs,good legal advise wouldn't have seen us being dragged through the courts and losing a very substantial amount of money.

The same thing is applying here where he is once again taking us to court in regards to selling our merch,someone at the club is either totally incompetent or doesn't have a clue what they are doing,If they did we wouldn't be going to court.

I think those on the board have decided they have had enough and gave him the two fingered salute and chanced their arm putting our merch on sale,simply down to the money we are losing through retail sales and tried to be cute by doing what they did and it has once again backfired on us.

A horrible fat bastard that he is but he's not stupid,It's absolutely frightening the money we have lost through retail,not including £3m the club paid him along with the hundreds of thousands of pounds in legal costs.

Whoever is giving the club advice is making a rip roaring arse of all this.

I think that the club's legal advice would be strong and that they would not have embarked on selling kits without feeling that they would be on solid ground when the expected attack came from Ashley. Ashley was always going to contest the situation and following the decision on this case there should be a clear picture one way or other for all concerned.

if they haven't already, it's time the board start looking at the links between Ashley and dodgy Desmond at the scumdome
You believing this is wank material for the bheasts. They would love to think Desmond and Ashley were working hand in hand.
Ashley sees companies in trouble and snares them as he did us. We fought back, King out manoeuvered him so he wants to fight. He's like a petulant child.

Would Hummel be obliged to sell their product at the same price to SD as the deal they cut with JD? I don't think they would.

I have not been in a Sport Direct jumble sale for many years but from memory Hummel are not a brand that featured big if at all. They have nothing to lose taking on SD.

Might explain why we are with Hummel. Had it been Puma, Adidas, Nike etc then SD are a massive customer. Being a massive customer you would expect big discounts.

Looks perfect for Hummel who now have a way in to the UK market with Rangers. They offer a competitive deal to JD which makes it impossible for fatty to match without losing his shirt.

Have we worked a superb one two on the fat fucker?

Where are you seeing we signed a new contract? Are you getting that confused with SD saying we signed a contract with this elite sports group?
It's reported in the Evening Express piece. Sports Direct have taken us to court for breach of contract. They believe our arrangements with other parties to sell merch breaches the deal we agreed with them. The new deal between SD and Rangers following July's court hearing.

I think it's pretty clear the last thing the fat cùnt wants out of this is money.
He's been trying to cripple us like his pal Dermott Desmond wanted but we are wriggling free of this fat slug, hopefully for good everyone knows we won't buy from that fat count anyway.

It's reported in the Evening Express piece. Sports Direct have taken us to court for breach of contract. They believe our arrangements with other parties to sell merch breaches the deal we agreed with them. The new deal between SD and Rangers following July's court hearing.
Hopefully the club have done their homework and stitched this scumbag up good and proper.

Hopefully the club have done their homework and stitched this scumbag up good and proper.
I hope so. But I'd even happily take this as another battle in the war with SD. The main thing is winning the war. Even if it's not a quick war, ultimately getting rid of SD will be worth the pain.

alot of the preorders have been removed from the JD site now - just some of the training gear showing (including the training tshirt showing for £999.99!)

The only gain he can really make is by keeping winning legal fees or compensation in court cases, but he could lose and then shell out instead.

There is no business reason or it .we know it and he knows it .its nothing more than spite.his massive ego has been bruised and he can,t take it.also another reason could be a warning not to mess with him as he will take it as far as he wants to in the courts.

I think that the club's legal advice would be strong and that they would not have embarked on selling kits without feeling that they would be on solid ground when the expected attack came from Ashley. Ashley was always going to contest the situation and following the decision on this case there should be a clear picture one way or other for all concerned.
If you think the clubs legal advise was strong,then why are we back up in court once again ? Ashley couldn't take us to court simply because he doesn't like what we're doing,he will have legal issues with what we are doing hense why it's back into court.

I'm sticking by my own theory that those at the club have tried to get one over on him by selling through a 3rd party thinking he can't do anything about it and the club being fed up because both party's just can't come to an agreement and it's now backfired on us.

This has to be resolved one way or another otherwise we will continue to lose plenty in retail sales along with ping pong court dates which will ensue.

I also think Ashley will try and get an injunction to prevent us selling merch/strips until this is resolved,which will once again mean we have a product available which everyone wants to buy,but can't sell it.

The judge told them to match the deal but they havn,t .so how can we be in breech of contract.

If you think the clubs legal advise was strong,then why are we back up in court once again ? Ashley couldn't take us to court simply because he doesn't like what we're doing,he will have legal issues with what we are doing hense why it's back into court.

I'm sticking by my own theory that those at the club have tried to get one over on him by selling through a 3rd party thinking he can't do anything about it and the club being fed up because both party's just can't come to an agreement and it's now backfired on us.

This has to be resolved one way or another otherwise we will continue to lose plenty in retail sales along with ping pong court dates which will ensue.

I also think Ashley will try and get an injunction to prevent us selling merch/strips until this is resolved,which will once again mean we have a product available which everyone wants to buy,but can't sell it.

We are back in court as he is scrambling to find anything.

As I said a couple of posts back I think we have fucked him over by partnering with Hummel and not one of the big brands,

Hummel are not a brand stocked by SD therefore they have zero buying power. With Rangers agreeing a partnership with JD incorporating Hummel the three parties are free to negotiate till all are happy.

When Ashley has to match the deal, he has no control over the manufacturer. Hummel owe him nothing and are not in fear of losing business from him. They can only win in this deal due to massive increase in their sales.

Hummel stick to their guns and dont undercut the JD deal then Ashley is fucked. His only option is to run at a loss.

Stalling tactics - the Sondico baws burst IMHO.

this is what i was referring to when asking what new deal was signed in july.

here are the 3 references to july.
"
In a High Court hearing in London in late July, Mr Justice Phillips was told a dispute over the terms of the deal had been settled.

Mr Justice Phillips heard in July how a deal, which allows a company in the Sports Direct group to sell replica Rangers kits and other branded products, was expiring.

Lawyers for SDI said Rangers had entered into an agreement with another company, following the hearing in late July, which was a breach of contract.
"
it is this last one, that i think you are perhaps confusing a new deal with SD as a reference to a new deal with elite group

unless i have missed something else?

They’ve pulled the new shirt from JD tonight already.

i mentiuoned something similar before. No point in a noise outside of Sports Direct. Thousands os people browsing the floors of House of Fraser as Christmas approaches would have a lot of big brands paying for premium floor space a little anxious if anything interuted their Christmas sales. Sales that I suspect define their financial year as a success or not.
Theres a big fucking balcony to drape Ashley is a fat lady's front bottom from

the 1st judge told SD he didn't want to see them in court again and to get on with it. if he wasn't getting on with it (shock), then how could Rangers force his hand to either a) get on with it or b) get them back in front of a judge (again, he was told he didn't want to see it in court again)? thegersstoreonline looks the only way to get either a or b to happen.

Try and get your head around the fact that there was NO easy fix and that the board are evidently doing all they can to release our club from this scumbags grasp.

They have done remarkably well to get us to the point we are at.

Not sure of the significance of one Hummel top still being for sale at £999.99. All the rest have been removed, so why leave one ?

The sickner will be that if SD start selling them we will have supporters in the FC’s jumble sale buying them.

I really hope King has stitched him up again.

the 1st judge told SD he didn't want to see them in court again and to get on with it. if he wasn't getting on with it (shock), then how could Rangers force his hand to either a) get on with it or b) get them back in front of a judge (again, he was told he didn't want to see it in court again)? thegersstoreonline looks the only way to get either a or b to happen.

Totally agree, the fact there was no big fanfare launch and limited stocks tells me we were testing the water and either building a case or forcing the issue

I don't need to ask them. I trust they are doing the best they can. I'm asking you who seems so critical and sure they could do so much better
Sorry but are you not allowed to be critical now,We're about to go to court for the second time in a few months,It could stop the sale of strips dead in it's tracks and back to square one and according to some on this thread,merch is already being pulled from retailers which means retail income for the club will stop until this is resolved.. Sorry for caring.

It cost the club £3m+ hundreds of thousands in legal costs and looking like we will be going through another round of court dates,worst case scenario is we're told to stop selling merch until any court case until it's resloved and that will see us with no retail income once again for maybe months and one very pissed off kit sponsor.

Which is still a better scenario than the initial rolling contract. Your ire should be directed at previous incumbents not this board on this occasion.

Back