Match Thread Hamilton v Rangers - 13:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

We just need to control the possession more.

Get it moving a bit quicker and work a bit harder to get behind them.

They're at it with Morelos and we need to protect him as a team.

Much much better needed in the 2nd half or we won't win this.

Grezda for Candeias and a few arses kicked at half time hopefully.

The good news for us now is Hamilton need to come out and score if they want anything from the game.

This will open up the space that we're used to. We struggled with Livingston because once they scored they just soaked up the pressure. Hamilton don't have that option now.

That was unpleasant, but at least we've a lead that'll hopefully be built on in the second half.

Against teams which pack the midfield, we struggle to get the ball into Morelos & there is too big a distance between him and our midfield. We need people running beyond him & to get ball in behind (exactly how we scored & the reason why Windass scored soo many away from home last season as he always ran beyond Morelos).

For the first 30mins or so we were also struggling for width particularly down the left side. We hardly got Kent on the ball at all. Things started to improve when he got on the ball nearer the end of the half.

Thought Rossiter has done ok & made some good interceptions and little passes in bits of the half. However we need to get more from Coulibally & Ejaria in particular

Coulibaly and Rossiter to similar for me. We need someone to control the middle of the park, spray about a few balls but more importantly attack and drive from the middle of the park, it's lacking and has been all season.

Not the best half but will take the 1-0. Great finish by Kent. Katic looking nervy out there. Park is a big factor for the game being like this. It's a joke how teams can have these in any professional league.

Plastic pitches aim to give poorer teams an advantage. Simple as that. It was the same against Livingston. I can't blame the players for thinking they have to be more careful on these pitches, but it slows our game down compared to how we play at Ibrox. Immense that we scored. Great touch by Morelos and a brilliant finish by Kent.

We are witnessing why we have no chance of winning the league in these games away from home.Too many players at the club just don't seem to fancy it when it comes to scrapping for points

Coulibaly and Rossiter to similar for me. We need someone to control the middle of the park, spray about a few balls but more importantly attack and drive from the middle of the park, it's lacking and has been all season.

Agreed, one or the other alongside Jack would be more productive imo.

Jack as the DM anchor and the other pushing MF up the park.

Champions sometimes have to win ugly.

That first half was as ugly as a genetic experiment producing an offspring of Davie Dodds and Leigh Griffiths.

I assume The Flute's only on the bench because of Lafferty's skin flute antics, and it's unlikely we'll see his mercurial talents in the 2nd half?

Back