Match Thread Hamilton v Rangers - 13:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

The guy was playing in a solid back 4 that was gaining a reputation for being unbreakable, then dropped for a loan player.
I’m not questioning Gerard’s decision, but you can see how it would affect the boy.

Well he will need to be mentally stronger than that if he wants to make it at Rangers.

The goal wasn’t lucky ya banger I was saying our overall play didn’t merit us being ahead. Anyone thinking otherwise must be on some good shit

loving the patter..

you said we were lucky to be ahead.. in reality you are talking pish, we had the better of the play, had the ball most of the time and we created and scored the goal, ok we didnt play well, but saying we were lucky to be ahead is pushing it..

The result is all important here, but we have been pretty poor. Hopefully we can put the game to bed early in the 2nd half.
I’m not sure I agree with you there. There’s something very clearly wrong with how we approach away games. There’s not a title challenge in a side that perform so poorly on the road. They are literally 50% of our league matches

SG probably has never encountered cloggers like McKinnon before.

A huge problem for PLG was his inability to understand that for some players their entire existence is about beating rangers.

Cannot believe they're trying to make some sort of controversy out of that penalty incident.

It's never a penalty in a million years.

That refs a f.ucking joke.3 Hamilton players yapping like f.uck at Alfredo who's trying to get away from them.that prick of a refs calls over Alfredo.absolute joke

Coulibaly and Rossiter to similar for me. We need someone to control the middle of the park, spray about a few balls but more importantly attack and drive from the middle of the park, it's lacking and has been all season.

Coulibaly is playing about 30 yards further forward than Rossiter.
They are in no way similar. Coulibaly’s game is about energy and drive while Rossiter is about reading the game, interceptions and keeping the ball moving quickly.

Cannot believe they're trying to make some sort of controversy out of that penalty incident.

It's never a penalty in a million years.

Thought that myself.

Both got their hands all over each other, desperate stuff if they're calling that a penalty claim.

Great goal but a turgid first half.

Aside from the Kilmarnock cup game and the Aberdeen game, our away performances domestically have been poor.

Night and day from the intensity at home. Hopefully pick it up big time in the 2nd half.

loving the patter..

you said we ere lucky to be ahead.. in reality you are talking pish, we had the better of the play, had the ball most of the time and we created and scored the goal, ok we didnt play well, but saying we were lucky to be ahead is pushing it..

Lol. Are you serious?. Give me the name of your dealer. :D

Poor half and with the manager saying don’t start slowly you have to wonder.
Kent getting booked for celebrating with his own fans, what the feck was that all about, the mentally challengeds do that every week without a card being shown. Their kicking feck out of us and it’s 2 bookings each. Dallas again showing he’s a ref because his name is Dallas.

Against teams which pack the midfield, we struggle to get the ball into Morelos & there is too big a distance between him and our midfield. We need people running beyond him & to get ball in behind (exactly how we scored & the reason why Windass scored soo many away from home last season as he always ran beyond Morelos).

For the first 30mins or so we were also struggling for width particularly down the left side. We hardly got Kent on the ball at all. Things started to improve when he got on the ball nearer the end of the half.

Thought Rossiter has done ok & made some good interceptions and little passes in bits of the half. However we need to get more from Coulibally & Ejaria in particular

You need the opponents to actually have a higher line to do that.

We have had runners beyond Morelos but theres no space as Hamilton are so deep. Ball just gets squeezed out, or its offside.

We've been too slow with the ball and almost too scared to run at them as well. Been a really scrappy game. Thankfully we have a goal, however I'd take Candias off this half as a precaution for the booking.

I know we go on and on about these pitches but they clearly put the shits up our players in terms of not getting injured. Ban the feckin things!

Reminds me of playing in the playground at school on one of those frosty winter days, lethal!

Distribution of ball from centre backs not been good.

Midfield have struggled, coulibaly finding it difficult to get into the game again.

That said, our quality has shown and we've taken a good goal off them.

Second half will be different as presumably they'll need to come out more. We need our midfield to be on it to turn over possession and get it to the forwards sharpish.

I fancy Rossiter to come into it a lot more second half.

There was 2 earlier challeges on Alfie that were terrible and now they are trying to get in his face, keep the head wee man and put 3 past them.

Back