Full poem written for that UEFA feature

I hope Rangers can see that there is no need to go outside the pool of talent sitting on their own doorstep when they are compiling media stuff for the club itself.
I hope we see much more of you and you get the breaks your talent deserves.
That introduction of yours is something worth watching for a Bear....again and again and again.

If only mate, I've asked the question on twitter but not holding out hope :D

Means a lot to get the backing of the Bears so thanks everyone.

WATP

As people will have seen by now, I was the guy at the start of the UEFA video from the Vienna game. I wrote and performed the piece after connecting with a guy online who works for a media company that produces most stuff for UEFA.

Here is the full poem I wrote for the piece. It went through a couple of drafts and UEFA edited a bunch of it, but I was given a brief to work towards by a media exec, which will give certain lines some context, which was to cover the following

• Intro Glasgow
  • Type of city it is
  • Famous for (both football related and not)
  • Rivalries (not too pro Rangers)
  • Rangers history
  • The unfortunate demise
  • The long journey back
  • Back in Europe
  • Intro Gerrard
With that in mind I wrote the following which then turned into what I am immensely proud to say is a video which has been broadcast over Europe and seen by millions. Hope you enjoy.

Superb job mate! Absolutely loved the video. One that I will watch over and over

At the risk of repeating myself. Having stood on our packed to capacity terraces over the past 6 years it never ceases to amaze me the strength and depth of support for our Club.

I've actually had to pinch myself at times against lower league opposition when marveling on our record breaking attendances, all largely ignored by the media.

Said it before, there is a movie to be made here. The story of our travails and our collective determination to provide the necessary life support to sustain The Rangers is the stuff of dreams. The generations that follow us will forever be indebted to the modern era's Gallant Pioneers. Us. The Bears.

We now have a manager our Great Club deserves and 55 is at last on it's way. I've never felt prouder of my fellow supporters.
Nor me mate, nor me

As people will have seen by now, I was the guy at the start of the UEFA video from the Vienna game. I wrote and performed the piece after connecting with a guy online who works for a media company that produces most stuff for UEFA.

Here is the full poem I wrote for the piece. It went through a couple of drafts and UEFA edited a bunch of it, but I was given a brief to work towards by a media exec, which will give certain lines some context, which was to cover the following

• Intro Glasgow
  • Type of city it is
  • Rangers history
  • The unfortunate demise
  • The long journey back
  • Back in Europe
  • Intro Gerrard
With that in mind I wrote the following which then turned into what I am immensely proud to say is a video which has been broadcast over Europe and seen by millions. Hope you enjoy.
was taken aback by it mate1 thought it was just a wee piece on us,then your poem started,like a few bears spine tingling moments and a wee bit choked,but hats off mate brilliant stuff brilliant,even reading it now without the video behind it,still stirs me WATP,,maybe EUFA have a soft spot for us not like FARE ,once agian well done!

Well done, you did well.

• Intro Glasgow
  • Type of city it is
  • Rangers history
  • The unfortunate demise
  • The long journey back
  • Back in Europe
  • Intro Gerrard

True. Very true.

Must admit that I was really niaive back in 2012, I feared the worst, was utterly convinced we would loose entire generations of Support.

I do think we lost a lot of supporters however the bond between the fans and the Club was definitely strengthened.

Was utterly terrified about kids not wanting to come to Ibrox because of the unglamorous competition - and was completely wrong.

My proudest moment as a Bear will be in December as we strike fear in to the 'rump' of celtc supporters kettled in to the wedge.

To think that the demand for season tickets was so strong it gave the club the opportunity to slash their allocation.

I will never tire of posting this ....

Our greatest weapon feared most by our enemies is our loyalty.

george im praising this guy for this poem,wich sent shivers up me and had me choking, now you put this on im away for a hankie!i will cut it short tho "OUR GREATEST WEAPON IS OUR LOYALTY" oooh yah beauty

Im still blown away by this. Congratulations not only on being on the tv bigging up Rangers but executing it so well.

Is your background in media or did you just take it upon yourself to ‘do this’

• Intro Glasgow
  • Type of city it is
  • Rangers history
  • The unfortunate demise
  • The long journey back
  • Back in Europe
  • Intro Gerrard

It really is a great video mate. Loved watching it again.

Well done for your part in it..!
2upcu54.jpg

26 going on 36

Outstanding work OP.

Going on 60 mate :D

Im still blown away by this. Congratulations not only on being on the tv bigging up Rangers but executing it so well.

Is your background in media or did you just take it upon yourself to ‘do this’

Thanks mate. I trained as an actor but hadn't done this sort of thing before. I just responded to a message I seen online from a guy called Tommy Moore, a brilliant guy and Rangers fan from Lochwinnoch who works in media. He had the idea of doing a spoken word feature, and it all just came to me straight away, wrote it and filmed it in just a few hours. Still can't believe the reception it has had

Fantastic. Was that a wee subtle dig at the resolution 12 mob with the persistence line?

It wasn't to be honest mate, it was more the persistence and spirit of the fans. Still following, refusing to lie down, to ashley and the spivs, fighting for our club. The flash of the John Greig statue on the legends don't die line ties in with the persistence that our club and fanbase has been through over a century of extreme highs and despairing lows, and the club isn't just a football club, it's the spirit of every bear we've loved and lost over the years, and it pushed us through the hard times to get back to where we are today. The legend in question isn't one fan, one player, or even one club, it is every fan, every player, every staff member, every hat, scarf, jersey, programme and story of legend passed down through the generations. It's our DNA and that can never be killed, or taken from us. Our history cannot be rewritten.

Well done OP - an excellent piece of work. Have to say you've got the 'mean and moody' look off to a T (just like your posts on FollowFollow LOL) - but I didn't have you down as a future poet laureate.;):D

Last edited:
It wasn't to be honest mate, it was more the persistence and spirit of the fans. Still following, refusing to lie down, to ashley and the spivs, fighting for our club. The flash of the John Greig statue on the legends don't die line ties in with the persistence that our club and fanbase has been through over a century of extreme highs and despairing lows, and the club isn't just a football club, it's the spirit of every bear we've loved and lost over the years, and it pushed us through the hard times to get back to where we are today. The legend in question isn't one fan, one player, or even one club, it is every fan, every player, every staff member, every hat, scarf, jersey, programme and story of legend passed down through the generations. It's our DNA and that can never be killed, or taken from us. Our history cannot be rewritten.
You are on a roll buddy

Phuckin hair on the back of my neck is at attention!!

• Intro Glasgow
  • Type of city it is
  • Rangers history
  • The unfortunate demise
  • The long journey back
  • Back in Europe
  • Intro Gerrard

This is a masterpiece. Well done Mate.

Excellent work mate. Link the video in the OP.

The video was excellent as well.

So proud to be a Bear in 2018.

But I was never prouder of my fellow supporters as I watched them fill the stands in every division of this hate filled wee country.

scotlands-successful-football-club-8763796.jpg

Agree George. We’ve always as a fanbase been regarded as glory hunters.
The last 6 years proved otherwise - that there is truly, and statistically, no more loyal support in world football.

Last edited:

• Intro Glasgow
  • Type of city it is
  • Rangers history
  • The unfortunate demise
  • The long journey back
  • Back in Europe
  • Intro Gerrard

This is outstanding R&M. You should be very proud. When I watched it at the time I thought that you seemed like a real bear. So glad it’s true & it wasn’t an actor.

I've got something in my eye...

FFS mate. Ever thought of making a movie for Hollywood ? You’ll have the whole country in tears, including me. :cool:

Back