Full poem written for that UEFA feature

As people will have seen by now, I was the guy at the start of the UEFA video from the Vienna game. I wrote and performed the piece after connecting with a guy online who works for a media company that produces most stuff for UEFA.

Here is the full poem I wrote for the piece. It went through a couple of drafts and UEFA edited a bunch of it, but I was given a brief to work towards by a media exec, which will give certain lines some context, which was to cover the following

• Intro Glasgow
  • Type of city it is
  • Famous for (both football related and not)
  • Rivalries (not too pro Rangers)
  • Rangers history
  • The unfortunate demise
  • The long journey back
  • Back in Europe
  • Intro Gerrard
With that in mind I wrote the following which then turned into what I am immensely proud to say is a video which has been broadcast over Europe and seen by millions. Hope you enjoy.

I like it, but it’s not as good as this one:

Excellent poem, and let's hope the vid makes the big screen tomorrow. But there did seem to be a word missing in the last stanza, just before "dynamite" . . . .

Robandmundt that is absolutely brilliant.
I’ve been watching it for about a week now and it’s been passed about between all my bluenose mates on Facebook and WhatsApp.
The fact that this has been done all by yourself is amazing. The fact that you’re one of us just makes it all the more special.
All of our thoughts and feelings summed up in a few short minutes in some iconic settings and scenes.
I’m sure I speak for all of us when I say we’re very proud of it, and you, and thank you.
I hope you start to get the breaks you crave in your life mate. You certainly haven’t done yourself any harm with this production!;)

Oh and just as a wee aside, what does the andmundt part of your username mean?

I’ve been watching it for about a week now and it’s been passed about between all my bluenose mates on Facebook and WhatsApp.
The fact that this has been done all by yourself is amazing. The fact that you’re one of us just makes it all the more special.
All of our thoughts and feelings summed up in a few short minutes in some iconic settings and scenes.
I’m sure I speak for all of us when I say we’re very proud of it, and you, and thank you.
I hope you start to get the breaks you crave in your life mate. You certainly haven’t done yourself any harm with this production!;)

Great post MR & I’m sure it eloquently Summarises our thoughts. ;)

Smashing post mate, couldn't have put it better sums up so well my own thoughts.

Thanks mate, that means a lot, genuinely .

It's just a daft combination of my name and my brother's name that was automatically created for us as a username by our internet provider when we were teenagers, and we both used to post regularly on this account, but he's just lurked and hung his head in shame at my shite, grumpy posts in the past couple years and left me to it :D

Cheers Grigo. Just watched it another twice. Not afraid to say, like many others on here, I’m welling up. I fucking love it. Goose on goose.

Sincerely hope it is played on Thursday. It deserves that exposure, and more!

Can’t quite praise it highly enough!

Thanks mate. I’ve had tears about three times already. I’d love other bears to see it on Thursday. I’ll be outside selling the hankies after the game. My big chance to get Rich :D

Thanks mate, that means a lot, genuinely .

It's just a daft combination of my name and my brother's name that was automatically created for us as a username by our internet provider when we were teenagers, and we both used to post regularly on this account, but he's just lurked and hung his head in shame at my shite, grumpy posts in the past couple years and left me to it :D

Funny you say that, I had actually just started to notice people calling you a moany bastard in the last week or so!:D

I wouldn’t worry about it. I recognise your name from years and boards gone by. Me, unfortunately high levels of shite spoken and multiple usernames!

I think you’ve achieved something here that won’t be forgotten about soon. It’s probably something every bear wants to do.
Besides playing for us and achieving on the pitch, which so few of us ever get to do, you’ve given something to the club and the fans, something that gets the blood flowing, gets the emotions in full flow, brings out the Ranger in us.
I’d love to be able to do that mate, as would probably everyone on here.
You must be feeling fucking amazing, I know I would. I’d be showing and telling every (unt!:D

Be prepared for some back slapping and man love after this at Ibrox!:D
And knowing FF, it’s only a matter of time till someone starts sticking the boot in!:D

Best of British to you!

Funny you say that, I had actually just started to notice people calling you a moany bastard in the last week or so!:D

I wouldn’t worry about it. I recognise your name from years and boards gone by. Me, unfortunately high levels of shite spoken and multiple usernames!

I think you’ve achieved something here that won’t be forgotten about soon. It’s probably something every bear wants to do.
Besides playing for us and achieving on the pitch, which so few of us ever get to do, you’ve given something to the club and the fans, something that gets the blood flowing, gets the emotions in full flow, brings out the Ranger in us.
I’d love to be able to do that mate, as would probably everyone on here.
You must be feeling fucking amazing, I know I would. I’d be showing and telling every (unt!:D

Be prepared for some back slapping and man love after this at Ibrox!:D
And knowing FF, it’s only a matter of time till someone starts sticking the boot in!:D

Best of British to you!

Great post MR. Agree wholeheartedly.

I just tried to watch it and it was blocked and removed.
So what happens with it now if we want to watch it?

I just tried to watch it and it was blocked and removed.
So what happens with it now if we want to watch it?

Is this likely to be a mentally challenged at work?

God knows mate. There was nothing in the t's and C's to say it couldn't be published elsewhere. It's possible that I can maybe republish it without the Stevie G part, and just have the poem on its own. I'll upload it again under a different title.

You can bet 100% it's the work of a timbhastard

God knows mate. There was nothing in the t's and C's to say it couldn't be published elsewhere. It's possible that I can maybe republish it without the Stevie G part, and just have the poem on its own. I'll upload it again under a different title.

You can bet 100% it's the work of a timbhastard

Please do post it. To be honest, the best of it is all your bit anyway.

I’ll keep an eye on this thread as I was just about to show the Mrs.

Gutted it’s been removed!

Please do post it. To be honest, the best of it is all your bit anyway.

I’ll keep an eye on this thread as I was just about to show the Mrs.

Gutted it’s been removed!

I edited the video down so it was just my initial piece, and the very second it finished uploading Facebook notified me that it was blocked. I don't know how they do it but looks like any and all forms of that video are automatically blocked from publication moving forward

I edited the video down so it was just my initial piece, and the very second it finished uploading Facebook notified me that it was blocked. I don't know how they do it but looks like any and all forms of that video are automatically blocked from publication moving forward

Did you rename it ?

Surely they can’t do that if they’ve not purchased it from you and agreed terms with you?

Not gonna get to Ibrox til just before kick off probs so can someone please tell me if they play it on the big screen

Oh I'm fuckin mwi I love you all I love the rangers

I hope that they play it mate because you were excellent. I suspect, however, that the same copyright issues that you encountered on YouTube will come into play.

Back