Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 16:30 Sunday - BT Sports

Cannae wait to see the big man in full flight.

200.gif

Mixed feelings-excited to see Sadiq get his first start , but worried slightly for him and us .

I expected wee Middleton . Let’s get behind the big man .

I can't imagine dolly have worked out much of a game plan to deal with Sadiq & won't really know what to do with him - so they will revert to fouling him right from the start

He won't be AM or KL's equivalent - but
Even if Sadiq doesn't play a blinder - he has the potential to be a real handful & may tie up defenders leaving gaps for others

People going on about this being a huge gamble as if playing without a striker would have been less of a gamble.
The FF FM Loyal have got themselves all frothed up about playing a winger or central midfielder as a striker so they see that as the "safe" option ahead of an actual striker.

I don't understand Sadiq playing one wee bit.How does this make sense when SG hasn't even used him as a sub even when we have been winning in matches comfortably?

I can't imagine dolly have worked out much of a game plan to deal with Sadiq & won't really know what to do with him - so they will revert to fouling him right from the start

Even if Sadiq doesn't play a blinder - he has the potential to be a real handful & may tie up defenders leaving gaps for others

You've made me feel a wee bit better. :D

I don't understand Sadiq playing one wee bit.How does this make sense when SG hasn't even used him as a sub even when we have been winning in matches comfortably?

It's been the plan from day one. Wait and see mate! :D:cool:

What is he thinking playing Sadiq honestly I’d rather of played grezda through the middle than him, people can shout he’s not had a chance you can tell from the little you’ve seen of him
He’s not of the required standard, I hope this doesn’t come back to bite us.

The big man will be unpredictable and a handful for what is a dreadful dolly defence, put in a shift is all we ask Umar

‘Mon Rangers!!!

Id assume Stevie G will have spoken to Umar at some point recently and told him he'd get a start today if his application and performances in training were to the expected levels.

Clearly he's met this so then starts,this is Sadiqs make or break game for us.

Arfield would be the other for finding the space he leaves, but he's on bench.

If this goes tits up SG will be heavily criticised.

I don't think so. We are in a position where we are forced to play either:

A) a player out of position
or
B) a player who hasn't really impressed, but in his natural position.

Don't really see it being a major issue.

He's the only striker we have. The shape is working. The big guy rattled a few goals in the Dutch league last year. He could score versus the sheep. I'd rather that than use a winger as a striker.

I don't think so. We are in a position where we are forced to play either:

A) a player out of position
or
B) a player who hasn't really impressed, but in his natural position.

Don't really see it being a major issue.
This all day long. It's not a risk - both decisions weaken us.

Stadium announcer just said that Jordan Rottisiere is on the bench. We are kebabbing some lamb.

Because he wasnt on the bench:eek::D Lets hope he ties up the centre halfs and the rest of the team can benefit.

Nothing other than he's never played Number 9 before.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing i am playing devils advocate

There was a shout of 3 interchanging. It is a gamble for somebody that hasnt had any chances is all i am saying.

And gerrard will get criticised rightly or wrongly if it ends up a disaster.

Thats just football

Got a bad feeling, made worse now I've seen Sadiq is playing.

Hope to feck I'm wrong

I agree, as much as I wasn’t keen on some of the names being mentioned as a stand in striker Gerrard’s now went for someone he didn’t rate to come off the bench or sometimes even be on it. Big gamble and one I hope pays off.

Back