Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 16:30 Sunday - BT Sports

Positives - we are winnng our individual battles.

Negatives - final ball is appaling. Sadiq has been OK - but, a bit one dimensional in trying to play to him all the time.

Hope Considine is OK.

Radio Scotland having a go at McGregor again - for "getting involved".

One where the keeper ended up on the deck, I felt the centre half had a good handful of Sadiq's jersey - so, probably should have been a penalty IMO.

GMS giving Flanagan a bit of a hard time of it.Other than that they have done nothing.

We are just missing the cutting edge up front. Candeias build up work has been superb, but , like Thursday, his final ball has been poor.

Our problem most of the season has been the lack of quality in the final third and that is showing again today. Sadiq is playing okay and has done better than I thought he would.

We are dominating possession. We are better than Aberdeen but we need to be more clinical in that final third.

Candieas just works so hard, I wish every player had his work rate.

Lots of possession. Poor delivery. No real chances.

A couple of big incidents in the first half. Ref booked 2 players very early and that could have set the tone for the game. It didn't and things calmed down but an early red for either side was a clear risk. McGinn had the best chance of the half but wasn't willing to take the tackle to get a better shot away. The Consodine injury broke the momentum of the game a bit and it got scrappy for a few minutes. Shinnie timedhis tackle well to avoid conceding a penalty.

Not sure where a goal is coming from. Sadiq does ok outside of the box but his runs forward are poorly timed and he's being caught offside. Delivery into the box has been poor and Candeias has been wasteful with the ball after doing good work against the Aberdeen fullback.

Lack of a proper penalty box threat is a big issue today

The frustrating ones are where Candeias beats the last defender out wide and then with nothing but grass between him and the one or two players arriving chips it up to the goalkeeper.

Noticed this too. He should carry the ball further in on goal.

Hopefully they realize the sheep are there for sheering.....

We will have no one but ourselves to blame for not winning this game by at least 2 goals....

We miss Morelos and Arfield. Sadiq has been okay making it awkward for sheep defenders.
Hope it doesn't go to penalty kicks though I got a bad feeling about Sadiq taking one.:eek:

get grezda on for sadiq and put wee kent through the middle.his pace will terrorise them. bit less passing and more direct play will win this game out of sight. the sheep are shite.

Negatives - final ball is appaling. Sadiq has been OK - but, a bit one dimensional in trying to play to him all the time.

Hope Considine is OK.

One where the keeper ended up on the deck, I felt the centre half had a good handful of Sadiq's jersey - so, probably should have been a penalty IMO.

I don't think anyone saw that in real time. Would be harsh to blame the ref for that but as it's Beaton - go ahead

I’d like to see Middleton come on at some point.

I would try him now for Sadiq. He's done ok but doesn't look particularly dangerous. Middleton played through the middle for a spell against Ayr and scored. He can turn their defence and they look susceptible to players running at them.

Sadiq is doing fine, but id like to see our mid field offer runs in support
His hold up play has been excellent

I wonder if its arfield for Jack?
Why would u take Jack off ? He is doing well and he is the sitting midfielder. That’s not Arfields role. Get Couliballi off and put Arfield beside Ejaria in from yo Jack.
McKay Steven is the only threat doing Flanno for pace. First goal and we will go in and win

Just when you think youve heard it all....wife say at the end there,

"so, they will start with the corner"

They feckin should, says I !!

Think something similar may happen in basketball at the end of a quarter.

Not the worst suggestion though............game goes on until the ball goes out of play (like Rugby).

In the bogs there in the South Stand. A guy walks past the toilet monitor/Steward with a lit fag in mouth. Steward never even flinched.

I have the sound down on this BT commentary
Ridiculous I have to do this but Im going to burst a blood vessel listening to their utter biased horseshit

This game we should be winning, Im not saying we just have to turn up to win this is Aberdeens players and supporters biggest game of the year they would happily beat us and get hammered in the final that is the mentality we are dealing with.

We should have enough quality in our squad to beat them and there is no excuse if we dont but the way this game is going and with the biggest and most blatant cheat of the Scottish referees community it would not surprise me if we got beat

Hope Considine is OK.

Yes that could easily have been a penalty.
No mention of it.
Had it been at our end!

From a midfield perspective this has been our best game in possession. Dominant and good movement.

Better crossing this half please Rangers.

Back