Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 16:30 Sunday - BT Sports

Hugely disappointing, moreso embarrassing.

I simply can’t understand how a sub had not been made. We probably would have won with a striker, but they are absolute shite let’s face it.

The long and winding road goes on.

I would sell tav just so he can stop taking set pieces, he offers so much going forward but when was the last time he scored an open play goal

Had a bad feeling all day. Knew we would struggle.

Hate to say it but away from Ibrox we are horrendous (domestically anyway) and we are most likely winning %^*& all this season again.
Sadly I agree unless we bring in experienced players in january

Gerrard has to take full blame.

Flanagan is shite and never a lb.
Why the f! Is Sadiq even playing never mind 90 mins.
His subs are late and shite! Coulibaly, Flanagan, Sadiq should have all came off before Jack and Candeias.

Why are we still allowing Tav’s shite set pieces?

I feel like I’m in a Paul Le Guen timewrap, ok in Europe, shite in Scotland.

It’s a sore one but it’s not the end of the world. This season can still be successful. Look at what we’ve achieved in Europe, we’ve made massive strides. The team badly missed Morelos. I think Middleton or Arfield should have been on a lot sooner but it’s not worth micro analysing.

Not a shot on goal and not one big game player in our team
This team are getting away with far more than previous teams because of the europa league.
The sooner people realise we are bang average the better.

Lost 5 semi finals in a row now.

How Gerrard watched that game and thought that he didn't need to make any changes i will never know.

Celtic will win that trophy easily now.

Murder and as usual bottled it. I’m sick of watching tavernier take set pieces and to be honest still think it was a mistake making him captain.

Morelos or Lafferty and we win today. If the gaffer knew he was going with Sadiq then he should have been giving him minutes in the last few weeks.

FFS!, totally dominated the match but never created any chances, SHEEP are a shit team which makes the result all the more painfull

3 domestic defeats
all 1-0
All could still be playing by next 29th February without looking like scoring.

In ALL these games, Gerrard has only made 2 changes. So, you have to wonder how much he has it in him to change things.

Tavernier is good on his day. His set pieces today were appaling.

Gutted, Gerrard again never changed things early enough and still isn't learning his lessons. I got that feeling the players weren't wanting to pass to Sadiq in the box and Grezda should have been on around the 60 minute mark. F*ckit!

That's the mhankies now pretty much guaranteed a seventh straight domestic trophy. Because that shower of pish certainly aren't beating them. We have to win the Scottish cup ffs

Well that was crap. I hope I never have to witness Sadiq attempting to play football ever again. Literally anyone from the bench could have lead the line better.

Our issues away from home domestically are putting huge pressure on SG now.

That Aberdeen side were devoid of any talent, ambition or skill.

Yet we allow them to win the game despite all our possession. Make no mistake about it. We lost that game today. They didn’t win it.

Not a single decent chance is a real sore one. Simply not good enough.

That performance wasn't a disgrace, we dominated 90% of that game and played well particularly in the 2nd half. Gerrard made the first subs on 80 mins and by that time we were 1 down and it was too late, naivety from the manager and Morelos is what cost us today.
I agree with your first part here but, not the subs, not today.
We weren’t doing anything wrong before they scored other than not creating enough chances.
Did we create any more?

We have to many players who can’t unlock a defensive team.Today we dominated possession but our final ball and play in front of goal is lacking.Subs should have been made way before they were.

The only positive I can take from today is we don't need to suffer another defeat to them in the final.

Can't help but feel we still don't have the mentality to win a must win game, certainly not away from home.

We've got a 2 million pound Albanian international on the bench. A premiership standard midfielder and an explosive young lad who can change a game. Yet one doesn't get on and the other 2 on when we go down 1 nil in 80 mins. Nah, it was obvious from around 55 mins that changes needed to be made. This is on the manager. Absolute pish.

As far as I can see over the past month Gerrard has consistently mistaken dominating possession as a reason not to make changes. What he seems to miss is we are rarely making chances and don’t look like scoring.

Case in point: Hamilton, Spartak Moscow and the Livi games.

Big six weeks coming up now after that toothless performance.

The bottlers from last year let us down again in a big game, Candieas, Jack, Tavernier and it spreads to the rest.
Nobody takes responsibility and nobody takes risks to create anything.
Candieas and Tavernier final pass is fucking abysmal.

Our team doesn’t have a big game mentality and every important league or cup game not at Ibrox they let you down.
The manager saw what was happening and waited until they scored.

Fucking pathetic.

It’s a sore one but it’s not the end of the world. This season can still be successful. Look at what we’ve achieved in Europe, we’ve made massive strides. The team badly missed Morelos. I think Middleton or Arfield should have been on a lot sooner but it’s not worth micro analysing.
honestly. Sick of hearing about europe, i don't care I want us winning trophy's again.

Playing the same team as Thursday, with one change, and waiting til we go a goal down to make a sub is scandalous.

Back