Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 16:30 Sunday - BT Sports

Unfortuanately we have a rookie manager in charge who is making rookie mistakes. Subs / tactics / selectiin all questionable. How coulibaly and sadiq stayed on for 90 mins is beyond me. A change in system sometimes would help. Fecking scunnered.

I must have been watching a different game. We were all over them for 85 minutes. Never seen us play Aberdeen and been so dominant. I thought big Sadiq was ok. We are on the way back. Too many people throwing the dummy out based on one f*cking corner,

Feel like that myself. Sore to take, but more so because of how we controlled it.

If anyone thinks the banter are years are behind us then think again

Celtic will take 5 of Aberdeen

And Lewis Ferguson can get to %^*& (lets stop this bullshit about that Ferguson family been big Rangers fans)

I'll be honest, I think Gerrard is looking at a two-year project -at least - to get Rangers back on track. There are too many players in the current team that just aren't up to it. We'll win nothing this year.
We can’t afford a multi year project right now

They’re going for 9 in a row next year

Starting Sadiq, was a gamble. Fair enough, sometimes you have to take the chance.

By sixty minutes a blind man could see it simply wasn't working. That's down to the manager.

As for the rest, they wouldn't be dangerous with a fcu_king machine gun.

There is by and large, no cohesion and creativity.

As for the captain? One cross in fifty just doesn't cut it.. Truly abysmal.

The only chink of light here is maybe all those on here giving the side 9/10 etc in a recent thread, might now get a wee reality check.

and what are you going to bring on? A half fit Arfield with an iffy hamstring, Middleton who simply knocks a ball past a player and beats them for pace, no replacement striker, Andy Halliday! Who else?

Sorry, but this has been coming.

We have loads of the ball almost on a weekly basis, but our final ball is awful and we’re too slow and ponderous.

Questions need to be asked of the manager and his ability to change a game. The subs again come when we go ago a goal down.

Europe is masking what domestically has been a very poor start.

Any other manager would be hounded after making this start, away from Ibrox it has been shocking domestically.

For all Kent’s ability to beat a player and link up play, he needs to be taught to be ruthless in the box and fûcking shoot! Far too many balls cut back to nobody.

He is one of our best players, but he could be an exceptional player if he would be a little more selfish in the box.

Tavanier should be embarrassed by his delivery, it’s worse than school boy level, at least at school level they would have stopped him hitting free kicks and corners.

Gerrard got it wrong today, no substitutions when we are on top of them and not scoring. Our most effective player in Candeias is then taken off when we go behind.

Sadiq wasn’t working and should have been taken off at halftime.

Can't even say it was a bad day at the office, it has happened too many times this season. I had a feeling this would happen if we played like we did against Spartak. The only positive is that it wasn't a league game, but still Aberdeen are dung and should have been dealt with easily.

I must have been watching a different game. We were all over them for 85 minutes. Never seen us play Aberdeen and been so dominant. I thought big Sadiq was ok. We are on the way back. Too many people throwing the dummy out based on one f*cking corner,
Okay mate,I get what you're saying here but what was the score?The only stat that really matters.We've continued where we left off against Spartak on Thursday,flat with nothing creative.We could play until Monday evening and not score ffs.

Too many of our midfielders & attacking players flatter to deceive. We have virtually no cutting edge. It’s all very well having nice possession & a nice touch, but we just aren’t hurting vastly inferior teams.

I am gutted with this, but the reaction on here disgusts me.
These games happen and I have seen better Rangers teams lose like this.
Sadly we couldn't replace Morelos or Lafferty, but in the manager's first season he can hardly be blamed for the lack of depth in the squad after one hurried window.

Cup football has always thrown up surprises.
That is the attraction of cup football.
We have to put this behind us and move on.

The bottlers from last year let us down again in a big game, Candieas, Jack, Tavernier and it spreads to the rest.
Nobody takes responsibility and nobody takes risks to create anything.
Candieas and Tavernier final pass is fucking abysmal.

Our team doesn’t have a big game mentality and every important league or cup game not at Ibrox they let you down.
The manager saw what was happening and waited until they scored.

Fucking pathetic.
Bottlers.
Dear God.
What did the manager see happening?

Any zoomers that thought selling Morelos was the right thing to do need to watch that game today to see how completely ridiculous that suggestion was.

Reality check.
Our squad lacks quality.
Our squads got a quality that has taken us to 10 games undefeated in Europe, so I don't buy into that. Our squad is though needing more confidence to be quicker on the ball and time taken to releasing it.

What we really saw today was the absence of Morelos, in the team coupled with not having a mature backup striker available to take the reigns on.

Hugely disappointing especially since we had so much of the game for long spells. But the big picture is that we're moving in the right direction at very early days and we continue to move on.

I said it from the start of the season.

Europa league kills us.

This thursday/Sunday shite is horrible.

Will cost us the League and has cost is this cup.

%^*& eufa. And the SFA.

Shite shite shite shite ft.
Europe league won't cost us anything we will cost us everything we have our captain taking every free kick and corner that I could put in better and who decides he takes everything I don't know.

We’re far too tippy tappy and our final ball is atrocious.
Have said rather a lot of times but Gerrard’s lack of substitutions really is a big fault in his management.
Losing to one of the worst footballing teams we’ve faced this season isn’t acceptable not mention absolutely embarrassing.
Timothy will stuff this mob stupid.

We played well but lacked that decisive touch in the box. Plus, we failed to take our chances. I said at half-time that the sheep's tactics were to keep it tight till about 75 or 80 minutes and then start playing it wide. We don't know how to break down a packed defence. Klopp yesterday brought his forwards back behind the half-way line and enticed the opposition out to play in Liverpool's half. They in turn scored on the break. I think we have to take a leaf out of that book in the future as there are far too many teams going to play us the way Livingston did and Aberdeen today.

It’s a sore one but it’s not the end of the world. This season can still be successful. Look at what we’ve achieved in Europe, we’ve made massive strides. The team badly missed Morelos. I think Middleton or Arfield should have been on a lot sooner but it’s not worth micro analysing.

The Europa means %^*& all.

We had no chance with a donkey as a main striker. any of the young reserves would have been better better option by a country mile.

Big mistakes from the gaffer imo. Sadiq didn't work. He's been watching tavernier taking shit set pieces for weeks but doesn't put someone else on them. At half time it was obvious we needed changes, so he waits until were a goal down. Need a big reaction on Wednesday or there will be concern about how the rest of the season is going to go.

Unfortuanately we have a rookie manager in charge who is making rookie mistakes. Subs / tactics / selectiin all questionable. How coulibaly and sadiq stayed on for 90 mins is beyond me. A change in system sometimes would help. Fecking scunnered.
I am not convinced they're even rookie mistakes. Is he scared of Tavernier? I wouldn't think so - so why keep letting him take freekicks and corners when he's doing so badly at them. When Kent was taking the corners we were getting goals from the defenders. Up steps Tav and we get nothing.

Sadiq was clearly offering nothing from the start of the game. Don't need to be an experienced manager to tell that and change it.

The subs. It's not experience that tells you that when something isn't working to change it. He just doesn't appear to be able to make sub until the last 10 mins of the game. Funnily enough the same problem with the previous two managers and it cost them big time.

Gerrard is better than this. He knows football - he should know better. He needs to waken up and waken up quickly. For all the good he has done he fucking embarrassed the club big time today.

We are toothless without Morelos and even with him sometimes.

We overpass at times and make the safe pass more often than not .

We lack potency in the final third.

Big wake up call required if we are to put in any sort of challenge to the Tinks.

I am gutted with this, but the reaction on here disgusts me.
These games happen and I have seen better Rangers teams lose like this.
Sadly we couldn't replace Morelos or Lafferty, but in the manager's first season he can hardly be blamed for the lack of depth in the squad after one hurried window.

Cup football has always thrown up surprises.
That is the attraction of cup football.
We have to put this behind us and move on.
I agree with this but it’s hard to take and we can’t start accepting not Winning tropheis or we may as well pack it in

One of the most sickening defeats I can remember - fair enough if you get bet beaten by a better team but this team of sheep roasters is made up of fecking journeymen yet we can't made a dent it them.:mad:

All our midfielders are too similar and when Tav has an off-day (like today) he still takes all our dead-balls and is never ever subbed.
It’s odd when we play them, their crap but they offer nuisance value as they hate us so much, would much have preferred Hearts given our record v them and we are more comfortable against them.

Should have started Middleton instead of sadiq kent and ejaria were the only ones that looked capable of any creativity

Get our players off that pitc
I said it from the start of the season.

Europa league kills us.

This thursday/Sunday shite is horrible.

Will cost us the League and has cost is this cup.

%^*& eufa. And the SFA.

Shite shite shite shite ft.
How does playing on the Thursday before a Sunday, stop you kicking a ball to someone wearing the same coloured shirt.
Morelos and his infantile behaviour has to take a huge part of the reponsibility for this. But no, he was just as daft in the last game already knowing his antics had cost him his chance in in this semi.
Just won't do, he is no good to us sitting in the stand.

We were far superior to Aberdeen, but we have failed at times this season due to a lack of cutting edge. Gerrard has done a remarkle job but he can't build a team in one window. People need to temper the dissapiontment with a realism that we are a work in progress.

I concur with this, the mess was never going to be fixed in one window. We have a solid foundation built and we now need a creative hard working midfielder. They don't come cheap though and I am sure the European run and the strip sales will be used for this.

Chin up Bears and stay staunch.

Leaving it until we are one down to make a change is a f ucking disgrace.His decision making on making subs recently is quite frankly been dreadful.Gerrard and the players failed miserably today and let the support down big time.
Grezda at 65 mins for Sadiq perhaps.

We dont have another day, we are out of the cup

Thats 180 minutes of football and no goals

Yeah I get that mate. It's very dissapointing. The point I was making was if we control games like that week in week out, and finish the chances, we will be very good. I know it looks a long way from that today, and I completely get it, but a bit more quality in the final third is what we are missing.

Feel like that myself. Sore to take, but more so because of how we controlled it.
agreed, the sheer wringing panties is worse than usual tbh, we played them off the park and if wasn't for bambi upfront and bad defending at the goal we were by far the better team, people are entitled to their opinion but when they're overreacting to the levels they do here its a f*cking embarrassment

Jesus my head is splitting now

Problems;

Appalling final ball, set pieces and shooting

Lack of Morelos up top

I agree with your first part here but, not the subs, not today.
We weren’t doing anything wrong before they scored other than not creating enough chances.
Did we create any more?

We were playing like we were a couple of goals up, our tempo was too slow, we were waiting on something happening. Well, it did and by that time it's very, very difficult to change your game.
We need 'someone' to drive us on.

I'm angry and disappointed but it's not that surprising surely?

Sadiq is Ostenstadesque, play Lafferty or Morelos and we win comfortably.

Get him sent back to Roma and go get someone decent, I'd even look at bringing back another ex player from Hearts if we're struggling.

Back