Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Absolute shambles of a first half, Worrall & Grezda like playing with two men down, get Katic & Candeias on at half time.

We’ve not been the greatest but when are we going to call out the victimising of Alfredo Morelos by referees? Unbelievable sham of a refereeing performance so far.

Quite honestly the worst 45 minutes I have ever witnessed from a Rangers team.

Sadly I have to disagree- HIVs at Easter Road under McDowell was worse. These guys need their arses kicked at half time.

We're in a slump and quite honestly we need a bit of magic to get out of it.

It's the final 3rd of the pitch, we just haven't got anyone that can play the killer pass and playing 2 holding midfielders is not the answer. We play the square pass way too many times.

Spot on. Most of our positive play comes from finding Morelos’ feet. They are doubling up in the wide areas and I hate to say it, have contained us with relative ease.

Kent looks like he has no energy in his legs, Gredza actually looks scared. Ejaria and McGregor are our only players performing at an acceptable level

Gerrard should get himself registered in January and get playing - might offer more during the game.

Lucky to be going in level. Need a big second half as dropped points today is unthinkable.

Absolutely pish again.

So one dimensional and predictable.

Every team we play alway manage to bring us down to their level, either that or we're just as shit as them.

We are awful.
Truly awful.
Who sanctioned 2m on Grezda? I don’t care how little he has played he hasn’t been able to control a ball or make a simple pass, those things are nothing to do with a lack of games.

This is a horrendous St Mirren team and arguably they could be in 2 or 3 goals up while we’ve not forced their goalie into a save.

Rangers with wind at our back will score at least 3 second half while St Mirren struggle to get out their own half.

Another first half just runs away without us doing anything.

If we concede first I just can't see us coming back to win.
Now going to be a dour struggle and we are not good at that are we ?

we look like a squad who have lost confidence, there isn't a single player apart from mcgregor who doesn't look half the player he was earlier in the season...

I just don't understand what ahas happened

Same old, same old, we seem to have gave up the high pressing game far too slow, hopefully playing with the wind will help.

This is dross.

Jacks passing is seldom in to the stride of the recipient. They have to break stride, take three touches then fall over.

Worrall passing abysmal.

Tavernier got the clown shoes on again and can't stop slipping.

Others not at the races.

Are they knackered after loads of games?

3 years, 3different mangers with millions spent and we are still rank rotten domestically.

St Midden are more likely to win this game.

Horrendous half of football from us.

It’s a sorry state of affairs when 2nd bottom of the league St Mirren have had the best chances.

We don’t even look like scoring.

Not trying to be too harsh on him but Grezda looks scared, it’s when he receives the ball he’s instantly wanting to get rid of it.

Then there’s listening to Andy Walker...

Every away performance since Pittodrie has felt the f**kn same. We badly need a central midfielder who is comfortable in possession and can unlock defences.

So slow and predictable. No idea how to get behind them so we just go side to side until they pinch the ball and break. Can't believe how poor we have become.

absolutely woeful yes I know they have ten men behind the ball but we need to break them down don't see anyone on that pitch capable of doing it

The Grezda is a dud patter is a complete joke, the guy hasn't had half a chance yet.

We need to put that 45 behind us and come out and win this game because make no mistake about it our title challenge comes down to this second half.

Sick . Because it’s dawning on me something isn’t right in that dressing room.

You do not go from a high energy, high press unit , fighting for everything , hungry , to a shower of shoulder shruggers who couldn’t give a toss .

Disgraceful and gutting in equal measure . Almost nothing else to say .

Jack and arfield both booked for getting the ball. Look fairly toothless in attack although had that ball across goal at the end.

Not fair to judge grezda since everyone else is playing crap to. Hopefully the boss does his half time arse kicking.

Edwards looks like a Greek waiter

Where do we even begin. Exactly what personnel changes do we make to win.
Stunned at how poor we have become overnight.

Who is to bkame? Manager or players?

Since warburton we've played this awful 451 formation. It has never worked for us. I'm sick of the same shit cycle repeating itself

Every time Worrall passes the ball forward its straight to the opposition, how he plays in front of Katic is mind boggling.

The players look like they haven't a clue, it all falls back on Gerrard but I don't think he's to blame here, we're seeing shitebags in Rangers jerseys at the moment.

This is looking more and more like a mental thing with us now. Collectively the team are making the same mistakes. They look like a team that have never played together. Come on Stevie, sort this out lad.

Why don’t we play Middleton on the left and Candieas and the right tell them to stay wide stretch them and have either Kent or Grezda behind Morelos or even Ejaria?

We need to change it up, play quicker. The way to do it is to create space and we’re definitely not we’re so predictable. With our wingers coming narrow and our midfielders running forward it’s congested.

Surely Beale and Gerrard can see this can’t continue?

Worrall has to be swapped for Katic. We miss his height at both ends of the pitch.

That 1st 45 just not acceptable.

Fair to say every Gers fan has to be concerned with our level of performance these past 2 weeks.
We lack drive, intensity, pace but more importantly any creativity.

The truth is we are dreadful to watch and if not sorted soon our season, which looked so promising not that long ago, will implode.

Last edited:
Changing things isn't dropping 3 or 4 players every game but then keeping exactly the same tactics, formation and attitude.

This is reminding me of the Plan B jokes about Warburton.

The manager has to be able to adapt to circumstances and change the course of games we struggle.

This is getting really worrying.

Back