Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

I think we're seeing a more realistic level of performance following the bright start to the season. The demands of the early months are beginning to show on a number of players.

Unfortunately it's difficult to see where a goal is coming from.

This is dross.

Jacks passing is seldom in to the stride of the recipient. They have to break stride, take three touches then fall over.

Worrall passing abysmal.

Tavernier got the clown shoes on again and can't stop slipping.

Others not at the races.

Are they knackered after loads of games?

Agree with all of that

Treacle slow going forward. The one time we moved it quickly Kent got in.

Hopefully playing with the wind at our backs will help speed things up

we need to start demanding answers about the double standards one week we cant get a corner because the alloted time was up.this week st boo are not only allowed to take their corner but colum plays an extra 30 seconds to give them every chance to score.

Utter gash yet again.
Too many players more concerned about just moving the ball on rather than actually trying to do anything meaningful with it.
Too many player trying to kid on they are getting involved without actually doing anything.
We need more than this, we need players with a better mentality than this.
It's not good enough...yet again.

I look forward to watching Rangers games, full of optimism. Come half time, totally deflated. Deja Vu. Where’s the cohesion, team balance, ingenuity to unlock a stubborn defence? Non existent.

The guys on loan have been pretty average for the past few weeks. Don’t see what any of them are contributing. Would we not be better off playing our own players? Couldn’t honestly be any worse if we just did that.

St Mirren are up for this one. They seem to be a tad sharper going into tackles and they are winning second balls. Our problem is that Kent and Grezda don't seem to be able to go past their man and get to the by-line and make something of it. It seems to be that there has been more close calls at Shagger's end. Saints have lost 6 (?) or is it 7 in a row? Something has to give in the 2nd half or we are well and truly stuck in a rut. Come on the Gers, give us 3 points.

Disappointed that after the sheep - we got no reaction against Killie.

Then after dropped points during the week - no reaction today, yet!!!

C’mon to fück lads. Give us blood, sweat and tears in the next 45mins.

Weather cant be blamed for this performance. St Mirren have had umpteen chances. This is going the same way as the Killie game. Sub standard, low quality football. Just BEIGE FOOTBALL with nothing in the last third.

I believe it's completely a mental block with this team. Too scared to put the foot on the gas unless we're winning comfortably. St Mirren are terrible. Genuinely terrible, one of the worst top flight sides in recent history. We need to start showing them less respect .

The 4-3-3 system needs binned it’s not working.

We look exactly like Warbs team right now absolutely panicking at both ends of the park.
This ^^^ we are trying to walk the ball into the net - have no one to take responsibility and shoot- time for Morelos to become a greedy bassa instead of trying to play teammates in.

Absolutely no confidence in this team today. They all look dejected already. Severe kick in the balls at half time needed!!:mad:

Is it just me or have we been playing like 20 yards further back since Katic was dropped?

What would be the reason?

I think there's a tendency to focus on this when it's only one small part. Katic/Worrall doesn't affect the impotence in the final third.

This will be different second half, wind is atrocious totally different performance coming up.
If we don’t win easy, I will start believing the shite from so called supporters on here.

I still don’t quite get the Worrall = reason we can’t have a shot on target in 45 minutes of football.

There are plenty of valid arguments for bringing Katic back in, our lack of effectiveness going forward is not one of them.

4-3-3 won't win this league, yet again unbalanced on the left. S.G is getting into "The Loaf" territory with his stubbornness to play one formation and playing his fav Joe "Wobble" Worrel.

Grezda just not in this game. He should have been given a start at Ibrox, not in an away game. Candy man for me 2nd half.

for £2m he should be able to play away even if its windy and raining. It's not an excuse! We are blowing huge amounts of money on players who just dont seem worth it.

315 minutes and 1 goal to show for it. Wing play has taken a step down in that time and we look lost in the attack because of it. Without Lafferty it's hard to change the system but at least go 4-2-3-1 for the 2nd half

The guys on loan have been pretty average for the past few weeks. Don’t see what any of them are contributing. Would we not be better off playing our own players? Couldn’t honestly be any worse if we just did that.

Kent and Ejaria have been 2 of our best players this season

This is utterly woeful stuff from us and the conditions can't be used as an excuse. It's just a poor poor performance so far.

We need to go 3-5-2 we have the players for it and current formation isn't working, Katic is always a goal threat and morelos would benefit from someone supporting him.

We don't have poor players, they just look like they are not comfortable in this formation. If Gerrard isn't getting the reaction from the players he thinks he can get then he has got to look at the shape of the team because the first half was dire!!

Getting annoyed with SG. If Sadiq is good enough to start v Aberdeen, he must be good enough to make the bench v St Boo. There is always a risk with Morelos getting sent off.

Every time Worrall passes the ball forward its straight to the opposition, how he plays in front of Katic is mind boggling.

How many passes has Goldson sent straight to St Mirren? I ran out of fingers.

Anyway, the centre backs are not our main issue. It’s middle to front we are failing.

1 goal scored in 315 minutes.

Only 2 conceded in those 315 minutes meanwhile.

I hope to God nobody thinks changing centre back is the priority now.

Most wide men prefer the ball in behind a full back rather then getting it back to goal 40 yards out with 3 men around you.

Maybe if we had anyone that could actually play a killer pass in behind he’d look better.

Has he looked to go in behind once?

I still don’t quite get the Worrall = reason we can’t have a shot on target in 45 minutes of football.

There are plenty of valid arguments for bringing Katic back in, our lack of effectiveness going forward is not one of them.
Defence sets the confidence of the whole team.

Sick . Because it’s dawning on me something isn’t right in that dressing room.

You do not go from a high energy, high press unit , fighting for everything , hungry , to a shower of shoulder shruggers who couldn’t give a toss .

Disgraceful and gutting in equal measure . Almost nothing else to say .

This 100%. After the comments Gerrard made last Sunday, this isn't a team playing for their manager.

This is a very important 45 minutes for us now. If we can win this game then it shows we can grind out results in shocking conditions. If we can’t then the knives will be out well and truly. Our defenders can’t header a ball or defender. Our midfielders can’t pass. Our creative players don’t create and our striker is never in the box. Front to back we are a shambles but if we can grind out a result here at least it gives us a platform to build on

Back