Flanagan at left back. Enough is enough

Would have to agree , flannagan at left back is a liability every team knows he is the weak link and play down his side.
Gotta be halliday until barisic is fit .

It's not like plenty of people called this in the summer.

His injuries have finished him. The sooner Barasic is back the better.

Complete waste of a jersey no clue at all about playing left back, Katic is a bomb scare. A shambles of a performance ,no doubt we I’ll have Tav on .apologising again, Sick to the teeth of hearing it. Thought we were like a pub team tonight.

He was getting away with errors earlier in the season,now he’s being punished.
Clear your fuckin lines man!

The bigger worry for me is that the manager doesn't see that Flanagan is costing us dearly on the pitch.

Flanagan was doing okay but recently seems to have lost a bit of sharpness.
His mistake tonight changed the game.

I don't know why his sharpness has gone, but he isn't the same player we saw at the beginning of the season.

That said, there is a lot about the team that was flat tonight.

People saying that the other team weren't good are both wrong and right.
They do have qualities, they have good attacking players, but tonight we allowed them to play too much in front of our eighteen-yard box....our midfield were too slow to close down space and make effective ball winning tackles.

But we have had a good run in Europe, a damn good run, and personally, for me, this has been a free hit tonight.
We should have perhaps done better, but I am still satisfied with the bigger picture.

Been saying for weeks that we need Barasic back, but was thinking more of the attacking threat. Flannigan always looked awkward at left back but early doors in the season seemed to do a job, he has lost his way big time.

It's not like plenty of people called this in the summer.

His injuries have finished him. The sooner Barasic is back the better.
I never wanted him in the first place but the way certain posters on here were reacting it was as if we were signing some top class EPL-level full back. He’s woeful.

His through ball to Candeias was a cracker but it’s a one off... He can’t defend, can’t get forward, and can’t string a few simple passes together. Made Middleton completely useless tonight.

I never wanted him in the first place but the way certain posters on here were reacting it was as if we were signing some top class EPL-level full back. He’s woeful.

Exactly mate. We all had the discussions.

Averaged out at like 11 games a season for the past 7 years.

Always seems to be running like a fat dad in a panic.

His touch is awful, and other than his sublime pass for Candeias, his passing all season has been an abomination.

I'd rather a half fit Barisic than him at left back. I honestly don't know when he's played well this season, he has cost us time and again. Tonight the final straw for me.

I realise he's not very good there but he isn't supposed to be playing there regularly.

Until Barisic is fit, it's between him and Halliday for the jersey.

I've seen Halliday put in performances there that make Flanagan look like Maldini in comparison.

He's the current, out of form whipping boy. He's also probably the 4th or 5th this season already.

If. And it’s a big if...
Flanagan plays it has to be RB

Would rather play Halliday at LB

Agree. Flanagan isn’t a left back. Feel sorry for him because he is getting played out of position. Halliday at left back on Sunday please.

I'm pretty sure he has played most of his career at left back. He is just a really poor footballer!

Last edited:
Flanagan has been getting caught with the same ball behind him all season. He is clearly uncomfortable at left back, he shouldn't be played there again. Halliday should play there in the meantime.

He was absolutely fucking shocking tonight. I was wanting him subbed at half time then he went and cost us a second goal, then wasn’t subbed until the 82nd minute.

You can imagine my frustration

Back